HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:10 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
tbut they r way too expensive for the quality and brand....so i would not buy one again....but it was good... =)
Are you talking about the d01 or d03?

I'd be hard pressed to find a 450 that flies as well as the d03 for $250 complete.

Or maybe you are talking about the Walkera stock v450d03 blades? They can be found for around $20 and I would have no problem buying them at that price.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
574 Posts
i mean the blades.....yeah it is around $20 for a pair.....i could get my hands on the align 3g blades for less than $15...thats y i'm saying the walkera blades are expensives....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
I hope this is the correct spot to post this because I need some help. I just got a V450D03 and took it for a spin today and things are going wrong already. I took it out to spin it up and do a little hovering. After about 5 minutes of hovering I decided to give it a little more power and see how she would climb. Bad decision.... The thing never even rose a foot, it actually dropped to the ground while making a terrible noise. The main shaft seems to be stripped? The motor spins and so does the large gear connected to the motor but the shaft and blades do not hardly even move. I am really not sure what is going on. Please check out the video and see if anyone can help me out and tell me what I need to order/replace etc...

V450D03 failure (0 min 11 sec)

Thanks
John
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:58 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsquared32 View Post
I hope this is the correct spot to post this because I need some help. I just got a V450D03 and took it for a spin today and things are going wrong already. I took it out to spin it up and do a little hovering. After about 5 minutes of hovering I decided to give it a little more power and see how she would climb. Bad decision.... The thing never even rose a foot, it actually dropped to the ground while making a terrible noise. The main shaft seems to be stripped? The motor spins and so does the large gear connected to the motor but the shaft and blades do not hardly even move. I am really not sure what is going on. Please check out the video and see if anyone can help me out and tell me what I need to order/replace etc...

http://youtu.be/O7ktViqoMhg

Thanks
John

I had the same problem with my v450d01. The main shaft sleeve is slipping between the main gears causing the anti one way bearing to not to work properly. You can try pressing the gears together and they will connect. To be safe you will need to change the main gear and The main gear base.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Last edited by LevTor; Feb 02, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:42 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
That looks like your one-way bearing failed. If you don't oil them they get stuck in the retracted position & don't grab the main-shaft. I think they cost $12-$18 & it includes the sleeve too.

Quote:

http://youtu.be/O7ktViqoMhg

Thanks
John
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:43 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Thanks for the information guys. Parts have been ordered. I can only hope that was a one time incident and that this will not be a regular event.
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:20 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the information guys. Parts have been ordered. I can only hope that was a one time incident and that this will not be a regular event.
I'm using KDS gears and one way bearing. Cheap and absolutely better quality than the original.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:30 AM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
There's always a chance for part failure, but from all the reading I've been doing on the v450d03, it seems to be a pretty decent quality heli.

Usually if there is a problem with a specific part you'll see it all over the forums.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:16 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
You are posting in v450d03 thread so I think you know what the answer will be..

Look for a package deal with anything other than a devo 7 or 7e. The 7 cant use the custom firmware and the 7e is sort of the low power short range model.

Even the devo 6 is 12 channels and dsm2/X is supported in the custom firmware. You may not want to bother with it at first but you might later
What custom firmware are you talking about? JIm
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:19 PM
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
What custom firmware are you talking about? JIm
http://www.deviationtx.com/
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by para5063 View Post
Support for multiple protocols without any modifications to the transmitter:
Walkera Devo 6/7/8/10/12
OK, i see the 7 listed here from the link you posted. is this a mistake on their part, listing the 7? Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:11 PM
USA, CA, El Segundo
Joined Jan 2011
121 Posts
Quote:
Walkera Devo 6/7/8/10/12
OK, i see the 7 listed here from the link you posted. is this a mistake on their part, listing the 7? Jim
# Support for multiple protocols without any modifications to the transmitter:

* Walkera Devo 6/7/8/10/12
* Walkera WK2401/WK2601/WK2801
* Nine Eagles J6 Pro (requires telemetry module)
* DSM2
* DSMx (in progress)

I think it's a mistake - because in the FAQ, the developer states

"Currently, the Devo10, Devo8, Devo8S, Devo6, and Devo6S radios are supported. Devo7e support has been developed and is undergoing testing, and Devo12 development has begun. I currently have no plans to support the Devo7. Without USB, and with a segmented display, it is not an appealing platform."
para5063 is offline Find More Posts by para5063
Last edited by para5063; Feb 03, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:50 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Yes. It's the 7e that is supported. The firmware for the 12 is available for testing now.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:48 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Walkera Devo 6/7/8/10/12
It's rather misinterpretation, then a mistake: deviation supports the PROTOCOL used by the devo 7, but doesn't run ON a devo 7.
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Motor won't run

Hi everybody.

I got a V450D03 for christmas, and after also ordering the transmitter, that was missing, I finally wanted to get it flying. The first time I put everything together, I got the motor running for a few seconds. But that was only a shot test run while the kids were asleep. When I wanted to fly it, the motor wouldn't start again. All the servos move as they should, but the motor shows no signs whatsoever.
My first Idea was that I misconfigured something. Thus I resetted the transmitter, and cunfigured everything again. To no avail.
So, I connected a servo to the Port of the receiver where usually the motor controller is. As I moved the thrust stick, the servo moved as well. So it's neither the transmitter nor the receiver, but the error must be in the motor or it's controller.
Problem is, I have no experience with brushless motors, but I guess it's unusual for them to break over night. Is it save to disconnect the motor and see with a scope if the controller feeds any voltage? And what could cause the motor or the controller to fail when it was not used at all?

Rgds
Richard
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard