SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
are you filing servos or heli mainframe?
Only a few mm at the frame, took me 5 minutes
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Only a few mm at the frame, took me 5 minutes
hehe....5 mins of filing is better than a fail servo n then 1-2 hours of total rebuild.....trust us...the n290 are working fine....n real fast too.....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:13 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
That controls the servo travel according to the manual. I'm looking to control the amount of "self leveling".

--edit-- Reading the manual again, it's hard to tell what exactly they mean. "the more flexible movement of the servos" vs "increase the stability of the helicopter". Anyway, I will try adjusting the EXT pot and see how it flies. Thanks for your responce.
I have a V120D2s and that's how I adjust the amount of self leveling. Alishanmao (YouTube fame) is where I learned this. I watched his setup of the V120D02S and that's where he said you adjust the amount of self leveling.
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:14 AM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
hehe....5 mins of filing is better than a fail servo n then 1-2 hours of total rebuild.....trust us...the n290 are working fine....n real fast too.....
Is it primarily the Cyclic Servos that are failing or do I need to worry about the Tail Servo too?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
Is it primarily the Cyclic Servos that are failing or do I need to worry about the Tail Servo too?
As long as you setup the tail-servo-extension correctly they should work without problems.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
As long as you setup the tail-servo-extension correctly they should work without problems.
i do not really like the walkera tail servo as my 2702v had burnt 3 good align servos in the last 4 months.....but with the 2703h-d, i had only got one fail servo problem so far, causing a tail lockup and big crash. i replaced it with another walkera servo (as there are no other digital servos that have the same polarity and also no reverse switch on the pot, i couldn't use any other brand servos) and so far i had nearly 30 flights and it is holding alright....just waiting for another lock up.....i will replace it immediately if i know any drop in plug n play replacement....but i do not know any so far.....
eugenechong is offline Find More Posts by eugenechong
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
i do not really like the walkera tail servo as my 2702v had burnt 3 good align servos in the last 4 months.....but with the 2703h-d, i had only got one fail servo problem so far, causing a tail lockup and big crash. i replaced it with another walkera servo (as there are no other digital servos that have the same polarity and also no reverse switch on the pot, i couldn't use any other brand servos) and so far i had nearly 30 flights and it is holding alright....just waiting for another lock up.....i will replace it immediately if i know any drop in plug n play replacement....but i do not know any so far.....
To reverse the tail-servo, just switch it to the other side of the boom, made this on my 4f200 after I installed a different rx
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:43 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
I have a V120D2s and that's how I adjust the amount of self leveling. Alishanmao (YouTube fame) is where I learned this. I watched his setup of the V120D02S and that's where he said you adjust the amount of self leveling.
Excellent, thanks. I'll try it on my v120 as well. The self leveling on the v120 was way too much out of the box, so I adjusted the pots without really paying attention to which one was where... I just made a couple of small changes and it seems to fly how I want it so I left it at that.

The v450d03 is very stable and out of the box, I'm pretty happy with it. It gave me the confidence to start flipping and hovering inverted. But I do "feel" it trying to self level during the flip and want to turn it down just a tiny bit.

Over all very happy with this heli. I have about 10 flights on the stock servos, no problems at all so far (knock on wood). I have some pretty good quality MKS servos in my clone 450 that I could use if I needed to, but no reason to yet.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:03 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Hey guys, for my friends here in the v450d03 thread, a buddy code for the YEP 40 amp esc. I use this in a couple other helis and it has great slow start...

cheers
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...9-DC86526018F5
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:50 PM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,054 Posts
Quote:
i have my v450d01 put on with the new green canopy too....but the main gear is hitting the side of the canopy....check if urs is doing the same too addi....
So we know the V450D01 canopy will fit the V450D01 V2. That's obvious.

So, back to the original question...will the V450D01 canopy fit the V450D03?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
So we know the V450D01 canopy will fit the V450D01 V2. That's obvious.

So, back to the original question...will the V450D01 canopy fit the V450D03?
AS far as I know, only perhaps the canopy holder/rods have to be switched. The front rods could be a little bit to long at the v450d03 for the green canopy, but perhaps they would fit. If not, make them fit ;-)
For these few bucks just try it and tell us.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Hey, do you guys know if this head assembly would work on the D03? I messed up a blade grip and can't find any separately.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:16 PM
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Hey, do you guys know if this head assembly would work on the D03? I messed up a blade grip and can't find any separately.
Do you have it already? It might be fine. The shaft diameter is the same, not sure about the length and the geometry of the head.

Here's the v450d03 head, ~$25 w/ free shipping.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...3-p-58056.html
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:46 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
Do you have it already? It might be fine. The shaft diameter is the same, not sure about the length and the geometry of the head.

Here's the v450d03 head, ~$25 w/ free shipping.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...3-p-58056.html
Thanks, yeah I bought it on ebay for $16. But $25 is really good. I'll probably get that anyway. I stripped the hex on the feathering spindle and I don't know w-t-f to do. It's ridiculous sometimes, but I want to fly helicopters so bad that I will figure things out eventually.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:22 PM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Hey guys, I jut threw down on a new RTF V450D03 with a Devo 7 from Helipal.
Also got some Zippy compact 2450Mah 30c NS some yellow and white turnigy CF main blades from Hobbyking

Hopefully it wont take to long to get here in Afghanistan. I'm excited to get it up i the air.

What are a few things I should do before I crank it up? Im new to the CP realm and don't want to F**K it up on the firset go.

Thanks guys
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke