Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Discussion
Experiences with Zero G Aerial?

Anyone ever buy from Zero G Aerial, out of Ventura, CA?
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Maybe, the owner can chime in here, and give us some more info on his company.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=314087
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:00 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,756 Posts
Didn't realize Brian was into AP and multirotors. I now see he uses a Photohigher AV200, looks like good quality if that's the case. He may be more active on one of the other Multirotor sites Sites (dude you have to change your name. LOL). I have some contacts in the MR field so I'll ask around for you if you want. Anyone that wanted to contact him could always drop him a line, his address and contact details are all on the Zero G Aerial website. Looks like he is in Cali.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Oct 29, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:13 PM View Post
Magrat
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Magrat edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Hello there KCV6, I was searching out of curiosity on multirotors. And came across this vendor. Then searching a little more, Google brought up his username. What interested me in his site, is he builds them for the customer. I thought of giving him a call, but I like to see or hear others experiences, first hand. What is all the hype on multirotors, is the interest come from the guys that cannot fly the regular heli's?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Hello there Mag rat, did you purchase from this vendor before?
Last edited by Sites; Oct 30, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: haha
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
On the website of this vendor, there is no real detail on the products. The only real detail I can see, is call for pricing. When I see a site that tells you to call for a price, I assume they are attempting to over charge for their services. http://www.zerogaerial.com/index.html
Last edited by Sites; Oct 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
Hello there KCV6, I was searching out of curiosity on multirotors. And came across this vendor. Then searching a little more, Google brought up his username. What interested me in his site, is he builds them for the customer. I thought of giving him a call, but I like to see or hear others experiences, first hand. What is all the hype on multirotors, is the interest come from the guys that cannot fly the regular heli's?
Not so much guys that can't fly helis, although I find multirotors to be easier due to the nature of the controllers being very good now. I think it's more from an AP and video point of view, multirotors fit the bill better than helicopters as they are by nature more stable with a camera slung underneath than a heli. There is a huge influx of people starting companies trying to grab a share of the market (defence, civil, law enforcement, advertising etc.). Then there are those that just enjoy the experience for themselves. The competition is huge and anyone that wants to succeed in that industry would have to work hard at it.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Thanks for the explanation on multirotors, KCV6. That makes sense. I'm not into the whole camera thing, but just wanted to try out one of these multirotors. I would not plant a camera on it, I rather get a view from the sky, in a scale plane. Though, it would be fun buzzing one of them multirotors with a camera on the beach, for a better view. But, if a malfunction would appear, I'd hate to see it rip one of the girls bikinis off. That could definitely, end up becoming a problem for me.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:05 AM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
.... Though, it would be fun buzzing one of them multirotors with a camera on the beach, for a better view. But, if a malfunction would appear, I'd hate to see it rip one of the girls bikinis off. That could definitely, end up becoming a problem for me.
Lord Elpus
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Lord elpdme a long time ago (well, maybe a little bit). I learned to put safety first, it took some mishaps on my part, along the way. That's why I'm trying to find me a pro builder, to put a multirotor together for me. What is wrong with that?

Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I see the website is now under construction. That's the good thing about getting feedback, so you can learn how to improve. I believe he realized how tacky the website was, and now giving the site a facelift.

One more question, though. Is this vendor ran by a team or independently? On the site, it states to give their design team a call, for a ready to fly solution. I wonder how honest this vendor actually is? This is what I look for, when researching a new vendor.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Things are looking, rather straight with this vendor. The company just launched, this year. I believe, they say 50% of new companies fail, within the first year. This was when the economy was booming, much more difficult, today. Best wishes to Brian and Suzzane, to a great success! I guess, will just have to just wait for more products to be listed on the website, before we can really buy anything.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Looks like this company is at a stand still. The site is still under construction, almost 4 months later. Selling high tech stuff and cannot even get their site running. Well, most likely, money problems or not educated enough to run a business.