HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:30 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
ORX 3AS system test video!!!

I have below the test video of my newly-installed Orange RX 3-axis rate servo stabilization system (ORX 3AS for short!).

The unit in this case was installed under the wing facing down (upside down technically), and thi srequired me to reverse the aileron channel behavior to allow for opposite correction. I also had to reverse my elevator channel as well. No big deal.

The idea here is to be able to run the servos as normal, but with opposing movement upon a non-input change in orientation. In the case of this plane, being a 3-channel model, the ailerons are running the rudder. This model also has a LOT of rudder authority, and as such, roll was the better option to correct for. I see this when flying in wind, where the plane may roll suddenly a bit during gusts.

I set both channels around the 2-o'clock position, which was enough movement to do SOME correction, but hopefully not too much to prevent more serious aerobatics with the model. I may have to tweak these settings, but we'll see...

Video below, showing the action I set for my first trials:

SuperDBL ORX3AS (0 min 0 sec)

Enjoy!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,557 Posts
Cool!

I was hoping the end of it had video of you flying it, but I will be checking back later to see how it flies.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:28 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Thanks Lynden!

Actually, I was reading up and found the HK i86 3-axis system ($3 more at HK) supports 3D/aerobatics better, from reports I have found.

I'd love to oblige you on the video, it got VERY windy (windier than will be flying EVER!) and snowy this weekend. If the wind drops around 15-20km/h, I'll shoot some video and post it here.

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!