HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:21 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,947 Posts
Discussion
Let's talk Black Friday....

It's not too early to start talking Black Friday....

What do you want to see from Altitude Hobbies this year? We want your suggestions (be serious!)....let us know if you prefer free stuff, discounts on certain items, discounts on your entire order, etc., etc. We'll use your feedback to choose our promotions!

Thanks,
Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:11 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,680 Posts
Hi,

Free shipping and a nice discount on everything, (10-15 percent.) That is what it's going to take for me.

Mickydee
mickydee is offline Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Sep 2011
4,113 Posts
I have honestly never bough from you but the fact that you are asking your customers what they would like to see, is VERY enticing free shipping is a big winner in my book. Especially with how cheap you can score flat rate boxes these days.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:30 AM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,408 Posts
free shipping has gotten me to buy from other sites, and only by few dollars to.
discounts are good to.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jun 2007
1,172 Posts
i second the free shipping option
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
I would love to see some discount power packages. Motor + ESC = 20% discount or something along those lines.
drakison is offline Find More Posts by drakison
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,947 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. It's funny that most of you are suggesting a discount + free shipping combo, because that's what we were thinking about doing: somewhere along the lines of free shipping + 10% or 15%.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
For one day during the whole year sell the products at the cost
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:32 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,947 Posts
We'd like to make some money.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,365 Posts
Remeber the absolute frenzy that Hobby Lobby created with their sale in years gone past? Different stuff on sale every hour and the angonizing wait for next hour to see if what you wanted would come up?

Boy, that was fun to watch
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post
Remeber the absolute frenzy that Hobby Lobby created with their sale in years gone past? Different stuff on sale every hour and the angonizing wait for next hour to see if what you wanted would come up?

Boy, that was fun to watch
Yes, daily different deals cause me to check a site daily and I usually order one of the days. This creates a huge online buzz and discussion.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,573 Posts
you just opened a BIG can of worms !!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined May 2011
7 Posts
Yep

The free shipping plus 10-15% catches my attention. However, you flat rate shipping is pretty cheap already.

I am curious if the Suppo air ESC are working out? Do you suggest spending the extra and going with the ZTW esc ??

Will you be carrying the rest of the Frsky line up sometime in the future ??

thank you
pat.curtin is offline Find More Posts by pat.curtin
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.curtin View Post
I am curious if the Suppo air ESC are working out? Do you suggest spending the extra and going with the ZTW esc ??

Will you be carrying the rest of the Frsky line up sometime in the future ??

thank you
We've been extremely pleased with the Suppo ESCs. We've been selling their product since the beginning, and in the last year I would estimate we have only received maybe 2-3 ESCs at the most back for return because of an issue. The same goes for their motors -- we rarely see any problems with them. Their quality control and service is outstanding. Their motors have very high quality bearings, much better than what is found in most "budget" motors. Their products are inexpensive, but that doesn't mean they are typical budget stuff....they are just less expensive because we purchase direct from the manufacturer. The only issue with the Suppos is their lack of features -- they are designed to be a plug-n-play ESC with limited programming options to mess with. For the majority of users, they work great; but certain applications require something better. We always suggest considering stepping up to the ZTW product simply because they are a much higher quality ESC. They will be more capable of sustaining their maximum rating for longer time without burning out, and they have a lot more programming functionality. Like with all budget ESCs, you have to be careful to not overamp the Suppo ESCs -- this is will cause them to be burn out more quickly than a premium ESC like ZTW. If they are used correctly, though, they will last a long time.

We used to sell the entire FrSky line and may bring it back in the future, but not at the moment. Aloft Hobbies has the market cornered for that line, and we can't compete with their volume and pricing. For right now, we will just be stocking the FASST-compatible RXs.

Thanks,
Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:31 PM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
I like the Idea of a combo discount on a Motor+ESC combo, or free shipping. (I'm in the market for a power system to power a .60 to .90 size balsa warbird).

Thanks for asking! Thats awesome!
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed