HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Discussion
Is this a good setup?

Ok. dont know if this should go here or not but i can remove it if need be. So iv played with the idea of FPV. I think im gonna take the dive and get in. I saw a vid made by FliteTest on youtube and it showed this setup : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SC_520TVL.html I dont plan to fly too far ( I have a very open area). There are 0 towers around to interfere. This is within a 5 mile radius. I know how fly well. So what do yall recommend? The cheaper the better
Pyrofan is offline Find More Posts by Pyrofan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Go for it dude it looks like a great starter pack. Personally I've never used 900ghz but if there are no mobile towers around you then you should be ok. Have you thought about using 5.8? Or even 1.2g with a low pass filter if you are flying with 2.4g radio gear?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Go for it dude it looks like a great starter pack. Personally I've never used 900ghz but if there are no mobile towers around you then you should be ok. Have you thought about using 5.8? Or even 1.2g with a low pass filter if you are flying with 2.4g radio gear?
Nope. Just did what i saw in the vid. I know each frequency has its Pro's and Con's. Is 5.8 or 1.2 better or is it just a matter of opinion. And yes im using 2.4Ghz.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:54 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Check my new thread out. I listed links and info for a cheap 1.2ghz setup for easy 2 mile range http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756304
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:43 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofan View Post
Nope. Just did what i saw in the vid. I know each frequency has its Pro's and Con's. Is 5.8 or 1.2 better or is it just a matter of opinion. And yes im using 2.4Ghz.
I fly both and find 5.8 is great for up high with clean line of sight but the 1.2 is great for down and dirty stuff as it penetrates trees and other objects quite well. I also like the small size antennas for 5.8 and the smaller Vtx's as the 1.2 gear is quite large so best suited for larger aircraft.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2011
470 Posts
so as a platform i think im gonna build the Peace Drone. Is this a good choice? seems better to me.