HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears720 View Post
Could you describe your steps and actions in detail to show us exactly how something went horribly wrong?
I purchased a Giant EC-135 from BH. When it arrived, I charged the battery, read the instructions, and tried flying it. The helicopter didn't respond to the transmitter.

Then, when looking through the parts that came with the heli, I found a bag with 2 allen wrenches and some sort of plug. On the bottom of the heli was the mate for that plug. In the manual it said nothing about this plug. So me being new to the hobby, I thought it might be part of the antenna. So I plugged it in.

With the throttle off, the heli took off, hit the ceiling and crashed into the furniture. I could not control it. I had to unplug the battery to stop the blades from rotating. Smoke started coming out of the heli. At that point, the heli was destroyed. The motors burned out and the PCB was fried.

I contacted their customer support. I told them my situation and the girl, her name was Angelina, told me she'd help me and call me back. That never happened.

I contacted BH's tech support and was told they'd get back to me within 72 hours. It took about 72 hours to hear back from them. They had a question so I answered it. It took another 72 hours for them to get back to me. In the meantime, I called and spoke to the rudest person. I didn't get his name but in talking to him, I mentioned the plug I found and he confirmed that it was a part of the antenna. Ok, so a day or so later, their tech guy Jimmy asks for pictures of the damage. So I sent him a zip file. Two days later I call them and the customer rep tells me they can't open zip files. So I had to send them the pictures again.

The next day I get an email from them telling me that the plug I put in was not an antenna but a binding plug (not an antenna like their customer service rep confirmed) and that unfortunately they will not replace the heli. However they would be glad to help me in finding the parts I needed to fix it up. The heli cost $179 plus shipping. The parts were going to cost roughly $140 and I had to buy the batteries and PCB from a company overseas. Does that make freakin sense?!?

I sent Jimmy back another email in response to his demanding a new heli but of course I haven't heard back from them. It's been almost 5 days. I'm guessing they are ignoring my request for a new heli.

I'm ticked off because the darn thing wasn't even 2 hours old!!! It obviously was a problem right out of the box. And of course it was supposed to be RTF and was supposed to be thoroughly tested before it was shipped. Hogwash!
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:32 PM
United States, FL, Fleming Island
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
I've never had any problems with BH. They ship in a reasonable amount of time, and always send me exactly what I order. Everything has worked right out of the box with little to no adjustment.
BagOfSticks is offline Find More Posts by BagOfSticks
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:51 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Wow! Pete is not upset? They should be giving you guys somekind of ROYALTY for using Pete's Pictures and Resources!
Is that a joke? "Pete" was using a Christmas charity's logo to sell airplanes for one of their Christmas Specials. Does't seem like Banana Hobby is too concerned about copywrights.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:57 AM
Another Newbie
United States, PA, Bethel Park
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
I purchased a plane from BH. It showed to be in stock but I found out later it wasn't.. Called BH and was told they had no idea when it would be in stock. I cancelled the order and was told that my account had a hold on the monies, so they would remove the hold the following day. The next day they stole the monies from my account. I contacted them again and was told it would take about 10 days to get my money back. I have reported the to the BBB and the attorney general of both states. ( PA and CA). I will do nothing but bash BH.
poolman1950 is offline Find More Posts by poolman1950
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:40 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
^ if thats true.......WOW, brutal. Same ol Banana.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy