HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
208 Posts
Question
Banana Hobbies....Any Problems of Late?

I was just sniffing around Banana's new website....specifically the FMS 1400 mm warbird stuff......The Arf's look to be priced cheaper than Nitroplanes had them.......I ordered some P-47 parts and a couple of 580 motors and reasonably priced "Jacky's Revenge" sticker sheets as a test run.......Everybody happy with these guys in recent times?..........Steve
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,788 Posts
So far Steve. I have bought 2 FMS airplanes from them with no problems yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsplurt View Post
I was just sniffing around Banana's new website....specifically the FMS 1400 mm warbird stuff......The Arf's look to be priced cheaper than Nitroplanes had them.......I ordered some P-47 parts and a couple of 580 motors and reasonably priced "Jacky's Revenge" sticker sheets as a test run.......Everybody happy with these guys in recent times?..........Steve
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
I've purchased 6 FMS planes from BH this year with no problems what-so-ever.
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,440 Posts
I just made my first order with Banana Hobby so time will tell. However, I ordered planes on Tuesday from both Banana Hobby and Tower Hobbies. The Tower Hobbies plane was just under $20.00 more than the plane from Banana Hobby. I got the Tower Hobbies plane last nite. It shipped from their Nevda warehouse. I live 35 miles north of San Diego; it took just about a day from credit card charge to delivery. I just called Banana Hobby as to the status of my order. It has been "approved" after they charged my credit card on Tuesday. I called them and was told that my order was "in process" and would probably ship on Monday. Really??? They are just east of Los Angeles in Irwindale. That means it ships Monday, I probably won't see it until Wednesday of next week, maybe Thursday. Hmmmmmm.......almost a week from credit card charged to the package shipped to my door which is just shy of 100 miles away. Strike one for Banana Hobby. Home run for Tower Hobbies.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsplurt View Post
Steve,

Seems like Pete's Picture is all over this eBay virtual Store....and it must be them as well. Just hold on to your hat with the prices!

http://stores.ebay.com/Drodins-RC?_t...p2047675.l2563
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:13 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
You had to wait a week!

OMG the horror!

ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
208 Posts
In only the 2 years that I've gotten back into this hobby, the offerings are just explosive. It's come a long ways from the ParkZone Spitfire, FW-190, etc.......Faster than phone technology............Steve
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:38 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,528 Posts
bought a Skysurfer V3 from them. 50 flights later no issues.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,440 Posts
Not used to waiting a week from some vendor so close to my home. It it's gonna take a week, they should NOT bill my credit card until the merchandise ships.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi chucksolo69!

Per our shipping policy, the time frame for processing ground orders will typically take anywhere from 1-3 business days, depending on a host of factors (i.e. quantity of pending orders in the warehouse's processing queue, availability, internal/external discrepancies to be ironed out, etc). Therefore, it is very possible for ground orders to be shipped as early as same day, or perhaps even as late as beyond the 3rd projected business day on rare occasions. Rest assured, while the time frame of 1-3 business days is the goal to be satisfied, processing & shipping asap will of course be desirable all around. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi PittSpecial!

The Ebay vendors using our photos to push merchandise are not affiliated with Banana Hobby. However, perhaps they are customers themselves and playing a middleman role of some sort. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi PittSpecial!

The Ebay vendors using our photos to push merchandise are not affiliated with Banana Hobby. However, perhaps they are customers themselves and playing a middleman role of some sort. -Seba
Wow! Pete is not upset? They should be giving you guys somekind of ROYALTY for using Pete's Pictures and Resources!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
USA, OH, Columbus
Joined Oct 2010
9 Posts
just bought an fms b-25. shipped same day. got it yesterday. i ordered the pnp and they sent me a rtf that had been opened and the radio gear removed. everything was there with the exception of the decal sheet. got a reply today to the support email and it said they will send them. i will update this post then.
strangerb43 is online now Find More Posts by strangerb43
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
I bought the LX P40 from them and 4 orders (all differant on parts )
all great shipping , no problem , no drama, much of witch I am starting to think is the inexperience of the pilot purchasing the planes .
My point is when reading many of the complaints , it seems to be about things that can be fixed by the pilot (not always the case ) but in many times its wierd complaints .
Trust me I have read many .
Its one thing if they ship you damaged goods or non-functioning parts , but if they ship ontime , complete and working parts , well the rest is about the manufactuer , not the distributor
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,530 Posts
sorry forgot to subscribe
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm