Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
ORX 3AS 3-axis controller to be tested!!!

Hi gang!

Well, HobbyKing has offered this little unit for the very affordable price of $14.99/ea.

The unit looks well made; however, I feel that the 15g weight may be an issue for smaller planes below 20oz. (15g is 1/2oz. afterall!). The board itself is only 5.5g or so. I plan to remove my case and coat the board with either heat shrink, or mount it on a small thin piece of 1/32" ply to make it more secure.

9.5g of dead weight is not what I want for my test plane, the Super Decathlon BL. It flies now VERY smooth and balanced well. This board will mount near the CG currently setup, and will be running with the aileron and elevator channels, and I'll tweak the gains until I feel that they are enough to be flight-worthy. Picture of the unit below. I hope that this unit, once configured and set properly, will allow for better wind handling and more adverse air current stability. Stay tuned!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying with the WHAM group!
to remove ads between posts