HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:08 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,324 Posts
Don't know what is going on with Banggood and their shipping......been waiting 4 wks now for the quad and all they can say is they think it's stuck due to security checks.....

Guess all I can do is wait.....
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
Same here with 2 orders and 2 quads. Can't track them and don't know if they passed Chinese customs or not...
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Hello

I just order this V949 and I wonder if I could connect to T9X with ER9 firmware and frsky DJT module? Or I must change back to original module?

Thanks for answer.
Only with original module. v949 needs the FlySky protocol, which the original module provides.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:38 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Andrew, If you read waveOmatic's posts on this page, it seems to indicate just what you said. I must emphasize that I'm just making observations here. My own V949 (most likely a Rev02) is still on its way here. I don't have samples to verify everything. Just making general observations and trying to make sense of it all. If anyone has different data, please share.

But if my theory is correct, that it is very troubling for us T9x owners. Why? Since Rev01, T9x owners have been saying that they couldn't find a channel on the T9x to switch the lights. They could do it with the stock radio, but not the T9x. Assuming that the same "channel" is now controlling flips, then there might not be a way for T9x to flip this V949. That would be bad, really really bad. For our sake, I hope I'm wrong in this.
Yea, I was putting together a similar picture from everyone's posts. But it does sound like the 949 TX could be useful for the 8 plug 929s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
Thanks Heli Pad for the observation, that board is actually toast so it could well very be that is one of the reasons it's not getting any power. That and also I knocked off one of the motor plugs and tried soldering it back on but my soldering skills were just not up to par at the time. My v911 and Mini CP sure changed that though, hehe. Here is a replacement board I ordered from Banggood and the one on the bottom is a board I'm using now..

- second image deleted to save space

Also I noticed what that broken bottom part should look like from the replacement board.
Am I right that you got the top board as a replacement part from BG? It's a newer version than the 8 plug one that came in my 929. Have you flown it yet? I wonder if it has the auto-flip on 100% throws disabled or not (like the 949)?

cheers,
Andrew

PS. I have two spare parts BG orders that are now edging into MIA territory. No batteries, just booms, LED's and the like.

I also asked given their LiPo problems whether I could get a 949 minus battery and charger (which I don't need anyway). Would rather have a few spare booms or something instead (well, and not to mention actual delivery).
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:18 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
If you're contacting Banggood or Tmart, or any other China-based sellers, try to keep your sentences short and simple. Bear in mind that the staff are Chinese who usually do not have a good command of English. Another "problem" is the timezone - they are at +0800, so their responses may be delayed.

Good luck.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
If you're contacting Banggood or Tmart, or any other China-based sellers, try to keep your sentences short and simple. Bear in mind that the staff are Chinese who usually do not have a good command of English. Another "problem" is the timezone - they are at +0800, so their responses may be delayed.

Good luck.
Good advice that my message likely didn't follow. I'll see what happens and take it from there.

cheers, Andrew
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:20 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,634 Posts
After reading the posts on this page and another thread, I am glad I did not place my last order with Bangod(after 2 problem orders). I tried MyRCMart again, actually turned out cheaper that Bangood, I just have to wait and see what happens.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:53 PM
Slovenija, Cerklje na Gorenjskem
Joined Nov 2008
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Only with original module. v949 needs the FlySky protocol, which the original module provides.
Thanks for answer, will switch back to original.
sajo is offline Find More Posts by sajo
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post

Am I right that you got the top board as a replacement part from BG? It's a newer version than the 8 plug one that came in my 929. Have you flown it yet? I wonder if it has the auto-flip on 100% throws disabled or not (like the 949)?

Yeah that replacement board was purchased from Banggood. I have not flown it yet but plan too soon. I'll post about that once I do.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Nov 2012
29 Posts
I recently bought a V929 and was surprised to see the 4 motor outputs on the board. I assume that this is the same board that is in the V949 but I haven't looked at the numbers yet.

I bound it with my 9x and tuned it a bit setting it up at 100% with dual rates active and 60% with the switches off. I can get it just past perpendicular to the ground at 100% and it is very stable. For some reason it will flip in certian directions at 100% if I play with the trim. This makes me think that at 120% it would flip with a full stick input.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to control the LED's or activate "flip" mode on the V949 with the 9x?
Tasche is offline Find More Posts by Tasche
Last edited by Tasche; Nov 05, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasche View Post
Has anyone been able to figure out how to control the LED's or activate "flip" mode on the V949 with the 9x?
No, be the first!
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:10 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,628 Posts
Quote:
I bound it with my 9x and tuned it a bit setting it up at 100% with dual rates active and 60% with the switches off. I can get it just past perpendicular to the ground at 100% and it is very stable. For some reason it will flip in certian directions at 100% if I play with the trim. This makes me think that at 120% it would flip with a full stick input.
Yes - I experienced the same with the advanced board - no flips @ 100% settings WITHOUT any subtrims or trims - the trims add to the settings so it's no wonder that the quad flips even @ lower settings in these directions.

Quote:
No, there's still work to do. I've broken the 2 outermost upper right switches of my TH9x including a electrical short - I have to wait for replacement switches to continue with the task - so time for you to hop in
-mike
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Yes - I experienced the same with the advanced board - no flips @ 100% settings WITHOUT any subtrims or trims - the trims add to the settings so it's no wonder that the quad flips even @ lower settings in these directions.
FWIW, last time I was flying mine it needed lots of "forward" trim, and I thought I'd keep going to try flying it with extra to maybe make FFF easier. With full forward stick it flipped forwards on 60% stock TX rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
No, there's still work to do. I've broken the 2 outermost upper right switches of my TH9x including a shortage - I have to wait for replacement to continue with the task - so time for you to hop in
-mike
Still pullin' for you Mike .

cheers,
Andrew
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,628 Posts
Quote:
Still pullin' for you Mike .
cheers,
Andrew
If I wouldn't have the X4 as a new toy - this thing eats up all my spare time
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Don't know what is going on with Banggood and their shipping......been waiting 4 wks now for the quad and all they can say is they think it's stuck due to security checks.....

Guess all I can do is wait.....
Ok, banggood has gotten back to me pretty quickly, they said they shipped another unit and credited me with 200 points. So far they have been really good and I even recived a PM on this forum asking about the problem.

hopefully I will get my order soon....and Banggood has handled it very well so far. Guess they can't control the post office any better than we can.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14