HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:00 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Cambridge, England
Joined Jan 2001
1,577 Posts
Well I just ordered a V949 from Banggood.

This is my second Quad. The first was the smaller H36. These are so much fun. I did not want another TX so ordered the BNF one. Hope it comes with one battery and charger as it says ?

I also ordered 5 of the slightly higher capacity batteries and after reading some of the higher performance GWS EP 5443 props.

I know the LEDs won't work with my Turnigy 9X but I have three other TXs sitting here and don't want any more lol

Hoping to fly this one outside in the garden

PS would the Syma X1 canopy fit on it as I quite like that one ?

Jerry
jerrysimon is offline Find More Posts by jerrysimon
Last edited by jerrysimon; Mar 03, 2013 at 04:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:15 AM
Autopilot no control
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2013
237 Posts
^The BNF was out of stock 2 days ago when I ordered a pair of 949s! But I placed almost the same order: quad/batteries/gws props. The x1 canopy should fit since 949s can go on the x1.
Highly Grounded is offline Find More Posts by Highly Grounded
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:10 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Cambridge, England
Joined Jan 2001
1,577 Posts
Yes the V949 BNF only came back into stock a day ago. I delayed ordering an RTF and glad I did.

Re the X1 canopy, thanks I will add that to the order

Jerry
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:09 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
We got our V949 in Friday and I noticed it has the "A" version board. Isn't that the better board? It was calm enough today to take it out back and test out. I got it up about 30 feet and started testing the right button for flips. We were able to flip in all directions which was pretty cool. My son isn't used to it and got it up very high and almost into a pine tree. I hate pine trees. Luckily I was able to save it in time. We are still waiting on the four batteries, GWS props, and balance charge cable to make it here. It may be summer before the slow boat from China arrives. You guys know how the shipping seems to take forever when you want to get out and play.
Collective Pitch is offline Find More Posts by Collective Pitch
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:09 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
I was thinking of getting some of the V959 accessories for the 949. Is the board and TX compatible with the V959 water cannon or hook and basket setup? The kids saw those and want me to add one of those on.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective Pitch View Post
We got our V949 in Friday and I noticed it has the "A" version board. Isn't that the better board? It was calm enough today to take it out back and test out. I got it up about 30 feet and started testing the right button for flips. We were able to flip in all directions which was pretty cool. My son isn't used to it and got it up very high and almost into a pine tree. I hate pine trees. Luckily I was able to save it in time. We are still waiting on the four batteries, GWS props, and balance charge cable to make it here. It may be summer before the slow boat from China arrives. You guys know how the shipping seems to take forever when you want to get out and play.
Where did you get it?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:46 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Where did you get it?
Banggood
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:21 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysimon View Post
Would the Syma X1 canopy fit on it as I quite like that one ?

Jerry
It will be a perfect fit. I have just tried it for you.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:25 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Cambridge, England
Joined Jan 2001
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
It will be a perfect fit. I have just tried it for you.
Thank you. What a gentleman you are

Jerry
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:59 AM
United States, MD, Havre De Grace
Joined Dec 2009
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective Pitch View Post
Consider yourself lucky you got the "A" board. You can run it at 100% without "accidental" flips right ?
gamjamm is offline Find More Posts by gamjamm
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:01 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjamm View Post
Consider yourself lucky you got the "A" board. You can run it at 100% without "accidental" flips right ?
True.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Sorry for the noobie question. I have read through this quickly and have seen posts about the Turnigy 9X being able to bind with the original transmitter, I have the Turnigy 9XR with the OrangeRX transmitter and was wondering if it will bind with my 9XR.
rookiejas is offline Find More Posts by rookiejas
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Jan 2013
648 Posts
Got a question.

If i use the v959 Tx on the v949, will the quad flip with the top right button? (in case when my v949 comes here im not one of the lucky ones with an "A" on the board) or will it flip at 100% and full stick movements?
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
Got a question.

If i use the v959 Tx on the v949, will the quad flip with the top right button? (in case when my v949 comes here im not one of the lucky ones with an "A" on the board) or will it flip at 100% and full stick movements?
No, it's the board that determines the flips, not the TX.
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:59 AM
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yes. Even if you are not making corrections but just want to make a sharp banked turn, it will flip.

i wouldnt want that to happen. can this thing handle well outside at the 60% setting?
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511