HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:41 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Please let me revisit 100% rate on the V949 again. I must say that I spend most of my time flying the 2 quads at 60%. It may not be that insensitive.

Is there any reason why you need to be able to toggle the lights from the TX? Even during daytime, I feel it is fine to keep the lights running. Of course, I don't fly in the day due to the scotching sun.
Thanks for offering to take another look. Spending all your time researching for others instead of enjoying flying for yourself.

Oh, the only reason for switching the LED's was that it would give the option of using the LED port to drive something else (a location beeper being the #1 choice for me). However, this might not be as important as I think the separate board with the little micro-controller could be a better way to go anyway. (Having lost Dad's first mQx, and spent half an hour or more searching for my 929 in the not too long grass in the field I'm keen to have location aids :-).

Of course, I guess if you had a switchable output you could use it to signal the micro to do other stuff as well if you wanted.

Spoiled for choice.

cheers, Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I flew more flights with my V929 and V949. I tried different transmitters. In a nutshell, they fly differently. The V949 is not the V929 with lights and a fancy canopy.
I hope the v949 flies "acceptably." Love how my v1 929 flies. Because of that, I got at least 5 local RCG'ers to purchase the v949. Also bought an additional one for myself.

I actually don't mind if it's different... For instance, not being able to accidentally flip sounds like a positive change.

We'll see once the v949 arrives. We're planning on meeting up for beer, chips and salsa. And then maiden the v949 together. Cuz they likely rolled off the assembly line together.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,648 Posts
So, it appears like there are v929 boards out there where the LED can be turn on/off.

For the v949, WLToys decided to drop that feature and make the top-right button the button to go into flipping mode instead of controlling the LED.

I like Banjo and many others were hoping the LED port exposed an additional channel that we can repurpose for other uses. That was always the goal. I could care less about being able to turn on/off LED from the TX.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:26 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I found that out with my v929 which has the 8 plugs RX by accident, I plugged the motor in on the plug on top where it should go, turned it on and the motor wasn't working. I hit the upper right button with my arm when I fumbled the TX and the motor started spinning.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:34 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Could you tell us the Revision number of your FC board? It should read something like: FD02R-1 Rev 01, or something like that.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:27 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Could you tell us the Revision number of your FC board? It should read something like: FD02R-1 Rev 01, or something like that.
At the first post of this thread, 7th photo.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Thanks, FyreSG. But the question was for the poster above mine, waveOmatic.

It is now apparent to me that there are many versions of V929/V949, not to mention the V939. Each one behave differently. Some have lights, some don't. Some lights are switchable, some don't. Some flip in 100% rate, some don't. It's confusing to the max. You and I seemed to have started tracking the revisions. Would you like to expand that chart and document the different major behavior change?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Here you go Heli Pad... also to make a note of it I purchased this from Tmart's US warehouse RTF a couple of months ago.

Last edited by waveOmatic; Nov 02, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Thanks, Wave. Can't help to notice a couple of things in that picture. First, there were some broken strands in the antenna wire. Do keep an eye on it, so it break off. Secondly, what's that in the lower right corner. I'm not sure, but it seems a SMD has been loose? Any one else has a same revision board could show details of what it should be like?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
So, it appears to me that
1) V949 with the FD02R-1 Rev01 board have switchable lights. And
2) V949 with the FD02R-1 Rev02 have no switchable lights. The top right button of the Tx has been re-interpreted as the flip control button?

Only a week separates the two revs, and that was quite a major change in a week.

I wish I have all the different rev of the board and that I could clear this up. But I'm just reading all your comments and trying to draw conclusions out of them. Could other owners chime in to confirm or rebut?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:19 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
So, it appears to me that
1) V949 with the FD02R-1 Rev01 board have switchable lights. And
2) V949 with the FD02R-1 Rev02 have no switchable lights. The top right button of the Tx has been re-interpreted as the flip control button?

Only a week separates the two revs, and that was quite a major change in a week.

I wish I have all the different rev of the board and that I could clear this up. But I'm just reading all your comments and trying to draw conclusions out of them. Could other owners chime in to confirm or rebut?
Hmmm, so a "949" TX aimed at a V929 with the FD02R-1 Rev01 might switch the lights? That might be a tie breaker to get a 949 RTF.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Andrew, If you read waveOmatic's posts on this page, it seems to indicate just what you said. I must emphasize that I'm just making observations here. My own V949 (most likely a Rev02) is still on its way here. I don't have samples to verify everything. Just making general observations and trying to make sense of it all. If anyone has different data, please share.

But if my theory is correct, that it is very troubling for us T9x owners. Why? Since Rev01, T9x owners have been saying that they couldn't find a channel on the T9x to switch the lights. They could do it with the stock radio, but not the T9x. Assuming that the same "channel" is now controlling flips, then there might not be a way for T9x to flip this V949. That would be bad, really really bad. For our sake, I hope I'm wrong in this.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Wave. Can't help to notice a couple of things in that picture. First, there were some broken strands in the antenna wire. Do keep an eye on it, so it break off. Secondly, what's that in the lower right corner. I'm not sure, but it seems a SMD has been loose? Any one else has a same revision board could show details of what it should be like?
Thanks Heli Pad for the observation, that board is actually toast so it could well very be that is one of the reasons it's not getting any power. That and also I knocked off one of the motor plugs and tried soldering it back on but my soldering skills were just not up to par at the time. My v911 and Mini CP sure changed that though, hehe. Here is a replacement board I ordered from Banggood and the one on the bottom is a board I'm using now..

Also I noticed what that broken bottom part should look like from the replacement board.
Last edited by waveOmatic; Nov 03, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:29 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Since I received my V949, I flew it for at least 20 packs. I'm quite sure about the improved stability (at the cost of agility) of the quad. It is definitely better for beginners who may find difficult to handle the V929. It's harder to pick up speed which means less chances of catastrophic crashes.

For the experienced flyers, the V949 can be a little too tame. Thankfully there's a non-auto-flippable 100% rate, for adrenaline pumping flights.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:55 PM
Slovenija, Cerklje na Gorenjskem
Joined Nov 2008
107 Posts
Hello

I just order this V949 and I wonder if I could connect to T9X with ER9 firmware and frsky DJT module? Or I must change back to original module?

Thanks for answer.
sajo is offline Find More Posts by sajo