HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mcashatt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
For Sale
Flash Sale: $33 bucks! MultiWii SE 1.0 w/FTDI & DSM2 Port

One day flash sale! Get a MWC SE 1.0 for $33 bucks shipped FAST from Seattle, WA!

The MultiWii SE 1.0 is a gyro/accelerometer based flight controller that is loaded with features.

SMD component design with Atmega328P
ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
BMA180 Accelerometer
BMP085 Barometer
HMC5883L Magnetometer
Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
Separate 3.3v regulated power supply for the sensors
On board logic level converter

Specs:
Dimensions 50x50x12mm
Mounting: Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm
Weight: 13.9g

5 Available

Please visit my new website SkullCopter.com for details and to buy!

Also available at SkullCopter.com:

ALSO, PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE SITE--I WILL GIVE YOU 10 FREE REWARD POINTS!!
mcashatt is offline Find More Posts by mcashatt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SkullCopter Labs
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
678 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Does this have any type of auto level or stability features? How "plug n play" friendly would you say these are?
MrDusanmandic is offline Find More Posts by MrDusanmandic
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
These are great boards and even better for gimbal controller

They have a solid alt hold and self level mode. They are not PnP like a naza but can get them going pretty fast since there are a lot of guides out!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
What goes up...
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Trader Rating: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDusanmandic View Post
Does this have any type of auto level or stability features? How "plug n play" friendly would you say these are?
Yes it has autolevel, this is not a Plug and Play type of controller. If you are new to Multi's you should probably get a Naza if you want the closest to plug and play.
acuralegendz is offline Find More Posts by acuralegendz
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDusanmandic View Post
"Does this have any type of auto level or stability features?" Absolutely--it's a MWC!!

More accurately, it is the MWC code that is responsible for those features, but yes, this board has the equipment/sensors to handle the features.

MWC is not exactly "Plug & Play". You will need to do some configuration, although the boards come preloaded in "Quad-X" mode.

For truly plug and play operation, you can't beat the KK 2.0 board made by HobbyKing for the price.

Thanks,

Matt
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:01 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,682 Posts
Instead of making it a for sale thread just use the offsite icon and people can not complain. Technically thats the correct way to post a thread of this nature. But I know you can argue both sides because you will also sale to people who pm you.
TheOne420 is online now Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
Instead of making it a for sale thread just use the offsite icon and people wont complain. Technically thats the correct way to post a thread of this nature. But I know you can argue both sides because you will also sale to people who pm you.
Thanks! Is that just an option in the drop-down list when you create a new ad?

If I go that route, no one can PM me then? I have lot's of folks with questions they send via PM. . .

EDIT: I see the option to mark as "Off Site" now. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:11 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Charter Township
Joined Jul 2007
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Will that come with the Rx Cables? Can it be configured for a Y-6? What is the difference between 1.0 and now the 2.0 and 2.1? Sorry about all the questions but the info out there on multiwii FCs is plentiful but not necessarily concise.
jkrause528 is online now Find More Posts by jkrause528
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrause528 View Post
Will that come with the Rx Cables? Can it be configured for a Y-6? What is the difference between 1.0 and now the 2.0 and 2.1? Sorry about all the questions but the info out there on multiwii FCs is plentiful but not necessarily concise.
Totally agree! Let me try to pare it down for you:

- This board did not come with Rx cables, but I have some extras and would be glad to toss them in for you.

-Yes, it can be configured for Y6. No promises, but if I have time, I can flash it with the Y6 version before shipping. If you have already downloaded the MultiWii code, just take a look at the config.h file. There is a section towards the top that allows you to select the type of multirotor aircraft you have, including Y6.

- The version 1.0 has first generation sensors. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Specifically it is the Gyro (ITG3205) and the barometer (BMP085) that has changed in the 2.0 versions. That said, this set up is the one that we have all been raving about for the last two years. The newer sensors are only just hitting the market. If you are interested in getting a board with the latest and greatest sensors, I sell those too. You can visit my store for the Crius AIOP.

Hope this helps!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Charter Township
Joined Jul 2007
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Thanks for the info. I just bought one from SkullCopter so now there's only (4) left! Better hurry everyone.
Nice site, good luck with it.
Thanks,
Jim
jkrause528 is online now Find More Posts by jkrause528
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrause528 View Post
Thanks for the info. I just bought one from SkullCopter so now there's only (4) left! Better hurry everyone.
Nice site, good luck with it.
Thanks,
Jim
Thank YOU Jim! I appreciate your support!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
475 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
So I just ordered one of these. I am basically wanting to mount it to my hex and use it just to control camera pitch and roll and have my wkm do the rest. Is this going to work for that only?

Jerry
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined May 2012
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymeister View Post
So I just ordered one of these. I am basically wanting to mount it to my hex and use it just to control camera pitch and roll and have my wkm do the rest. Is this going to work for that only?

Jerry
It should do just fine. I imagine that you will simply hook up the gimbal servo pins only and ignore the motors.

I have come across threads where people did that but can't think of any off hand. If I find one I will edit my post here with the link.

Here you go:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1654128

Thanks!

Matt
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymeister View Post

Jerry
Jerry pretty much same board that I used(crius se) for my multiwii gimbal controller. Except this is a bit newer with a built in ftdi usb. Also cool to have a built in spektrum plug, just incase you want a to use it as as FC ..
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor