HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post
Park 350 would make that thing hull ona 9050DD prop!!!!!!!!
I think it might be too heavy. It would be difficult to get the plane balanced!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I think it might be too heavy. It would be difficult to get the plane balanced!
Well that's what I use on my WMPF MX2 XL witha 3s 750mah but like you said that would be really hard to balance. Motorfly has some crazy motors you can use on a good 2s battery
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
A good 2S setup may be the ticket actually! Super floaty!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,229 Posts
I guess I can re-join the thread since I own one now. Got to say I'm giving Horizon a big thumbs down for quality on this one. First how can the finish have this many nicks in it before I've even put it together. Second I just about snapped the wings just trying to install them. Third do they just let anyone play with the airbrush and paints? My blue is heavy then thin then heavy then thin....really??.... And there's a green smudge on the white where there's not supposed to be any green. Forth my elevator is twisted. iguess it was too much trouble to make sure that the elevator was somewhat aligned with the horizontal stab. Last my ESC got pretty hot just setting up the control surfaces and that only took a minute or two.

Pretty sad that Quique designed something so cool only to have the factory screw it up.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
Chris
Joined Apr 2012
165 Posts
Hi, My esc also got extremely hot just sitting powered on. What is up with that?

Well it was cold out yesterday and windy. I went out because I have had this plane for over a week and I really wanted to see it in the air And two I figured the esc would warm up my fingers during battery swaps.

My pruple 3s 460mAh Nano techs are too fat to push all the way forward with the thick velcro I have on them. I smashed them in and also tryed a new battery. A cheetah pack from BP hobbies which is very light and worked very well.

As I said it was very windy 15 mph maybee so it was not the best for testing. This plane surprisingly took right off from the grass field wheel pants and all. It has a lot of power to do any stunt. My experience with it make me think that it does not like to fly slow but it will because of the power it has and the way it is propped. With this being said this is not a floater so keep this in mind if you are expect a 3d foamy floater. What is it? It is very quick out of the hole. I would not say it is fast like a rocket ship but it is by no means slow either. This plane rolls like no ones bussiness. Seriously fast. be careful on your first flite. I turned my low rate for my ailerons to 50% and rasied the expo. It was just too twitchy. There is just no reaso to have you high rates set at 100% for ailerons either. Elevator control is good enough to pull into a hover. It hover with throttle modulation. You really have to work to keep it there but it was windy so I will update this on a nicer day. It is snowing now so not today. Rudder- well I did not like the rudder control. When establishing a hover I quickly realized that you cannot rely on the rudder to correct for mistakes. You can try but even with plenty of throttle it was no nearly as effective as I would have liked. I am going to adjust the travel over 100% and see what happens.

My opinion so far is that this is a highly highly acrobatic plane that is capable of some 3d stunts in the right hands. Thanks for reading.
chrisorbics is offline Find More Posts by chrisorbics
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Chris
Joined Apr 2012
165 Posts
I forgot to add that my tail wheel fell off just like someone else had meantioned and that there is something vibration under high throttle. Most likely the landing gear. Also especially on the first battery I could swear that there was an electronic noise coming from the plane that changed pitch with throttle input. I think it has slowly gone but will update.
chrisorbics is offline Find More Posts by chrisorbics
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Actually... I've found that this plane IS quite floaty. I've also found that it flies slow extremely well. Fly it in more ideal conditions and then let me know what you think. Nothing of this size will seem floaty in 15mph winds...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,229 Posts
Flew 6 packs today. It's super floaty and low 'n slow are almost too easy.

Still the fit and finish is pretty sloppy. On my 5th pack my landing gear and landing gear block fell out on take off......
They poked a hole in the fuse and the QQ kart wheeled and dented the wing tip. Nice.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:43 PM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,035 Posts
Has anyone thought about making side force generators for this plane? Would look kind.of cool!
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post
Has anyone thought about making side force generators for this plane? Would look kind.of cool!
i made these over thanksgiving.
jonnyc is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
i made these over thanksgiving.
AND you matched the paint !!!! How does it fly?
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,627 Posts
Niiiiice!
Alex Schauer is online now Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
That is awesome. I was thinking about that as Well.
Orem_Aeronut is offline Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Feb 2007
6,229 Posts
Looks good
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
i don't know that they make a huge difference.i'm not a great pilot but they do help me hover it easier and keeps the plane nice and stable in harriers.
jonnyc is offline Find More Posts by jonnyc