HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:36 PM
K_B
1D Flyer
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
This kinda reminds me of the Extra 300 "issues"... If I had read any of that before getting one, I probably wouldn't have gotten one. And I would have missed out on a really fun plane. I'm enjoying this one even more...
K_B is offline Find More Posts by K_B
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:10 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
570 Posts
drop in replacement servo

usa is backordered, i didn't check anywhere else
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30831
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:55 AM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
This kinda reminds me of the Extra 300 "issues"... If I had read any of that before getting one, I probably wouldn't have gotten one. And I would have missed out on a really fun plane. I'm enjoying this one even more...
Don't get me wrong, I love it when it's in the air. I don't regret buying it at all, and I just want those servos to come in so I can fly it again. Luckily I have a new pa addiction to hold me over
Orem_Aeronut is offline Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
I wish I had read about the PZ issues on the extra. Actually, I don't. Mine had flat wing and landing issues, but I still had fun with it.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I wish I had read about the PZ issues on the extra. Actually, I don't. Mine had flat wing and landing issues, but I still had fun with it.
I held off getting an extra for over a year due to the "so called issues" and thinking maybe I wasn't up to handling it especially with the comments about the landing problems. I finally bought one anyway, absolutely loved it and still do, one of the easiest planes to land I own and mine is without a doubt the cleanest knife edge machine I've ever seen. No mixes in transmitter or thumbs either, roll it over on it's side and dump in proper amounts of throttle and rudder with left thumb. I kid that I can wave at the crowd with my right hand in ke. Now it's becoming a toss up on which I like most the edge or the extra. My edge is requiring either some mix or better educated thumbs for ke, but is way way less sensitive to high amounts of elevator movement and doesn't try to roll out of a tight loop with any amount of travel. But I love the economics of the Edge. At $5 for batteries that can be charged at 5c even on inexpensive chargers, lets me have a bunch of batteries and can fly all day with a couple of cheap field chargers without waits. And I'm not a 3d flyer, but the Edge is way more capable in this area.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:13 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Sorry but the QC issues just get to me, keeps me from loving the product and REALLY makes me look at new products from HH.

Love the plane when it flies but replacing servos gets old.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:00 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I finally bought one anyway, absolutely loved it and still do, one of the easiest planes to land I own and mine is without a doubt the cleanest knife edge machine I've ever seen.
Mine did not match your experience on either count. Pain in the rear to land, by far the least easiest plane to land, and the knife edges were only good in one direction. In the other direction, the control arm would flex too much. On a pull, the control arm worked fine, on a push, flex, pain in the rear to do a nice knife edge while masking that.

Even so, it was a fun plane, in the air, landings and inconsistent KEs notwithstanding.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Sorry but the QC issues just get to me, keeps me from loving the product and REALLY makes me look at new products from HH.

Love the plane when it flies but replacing servos gets old.
It's hard to tell if there are serious qc issues or not. I have two of them and even though one actually did come out of the box with the fingernail marks and a blemish in a wing surface, but this has not hurt it's flying and the other is cosmetically great and has no mechanical issues either. So I'm fine with the build on this one. I have dumb thumbed one in twice with no damage other than a broken prop, so have deemed it very durable, more so than the sbach.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
Hi all I got this plane for christmas and have about ten flights with it and no problems tracks and glides great and super responsive. I have the rates set about 50 percent with 30 percent expo. and will do any thing i ask it. also using the thunder power 480mah 25 c batteries and are working great. thanks again e-flite for another winner!
zzcutter is offline Find More Posts by zzcutter
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,207 Posts
100% .................at 15% expo....
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,071 Posts
Hehe 135% with 65% expo
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Hehe 135% with 65% expo
saw you vid I WONDERED why U kept BOUNCING rudder on the ground.......EVIL
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
130 Posts
Ordered mine today.... Can't wait to flow it everyday before work at the park near my home.... I can go to the field only twice for month.... With this baby I can fly every day!
Skakrew is offline Find More Posts by Skakrew
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
130 Posts
Ok first flight 1 minute...

Sh*t is really fast! And I have choose a too small place.... Stupid me...

Broken the propeller.... Fortunately only that... Ordered new one... Can't wait to fly this baby at the field.... She is small but is a fury!
Skakrew is offline Find More Posts by Skakrew
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:40 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
You might find after getting it tuned in, you might be able to fly in a smaller space after some flight time.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt