cool, thanks
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:33 PM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
Just had my second servo take a dump on me today. Anyone else have problems?
Orem_Aeronut is offline Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:27 AM
God is Good
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orem_Aeronut View Post
Just had my second servo take a dump on me today. Anyone else have problems?

What size are the servos? What about upgrading to hitecs?
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
littledevile420
USA, OH, Alliance
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
people that complain about it not having a3x are crazy, it works good with windy sporty flying but totally screws with 3d flight. i have the both sbach and the one with out as3x is better in my opinion. all the videos on here look like a great little airplane. I seems some people had some QC issues but i bet HH would take care of you with out blinking an eye. Im gonna get me Dad one for christmas and maybe me one too. thanks for all the great info on it guys.
litttledevile is offline Find More Posts by litttledevile
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:54 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Alright thanks!!! Flight phots, flight photos, flight photos....perfection...hard!
Alex,
pda4you is a GREAT person to ask for help with reviews! He & I had a "minor spat" years ago, but I have great respect for his contributions to our hobby, these forums and his thoroughness doing reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
That is a great gig. I just did my 53rd product review for RCG! It is something I really enjoy. If you need any help reach out - I can give you some experience from my years reviewing models and radios.

Mike
Mike,
Like I said, water under the bridge here. You really do super job on your reviews.

So for those that have this plane, I'm looking for a good small sport aerobatic plane with a tad bit of 3D capability. Will the stock set up be enough? I have seen the plane in person at the LHS and really like it's appearance, but that's only part of the magic. It has to fly as good as it looks. A couple of the videos would make me think it's just fine for what I'm looking for, but added opinions are always welcome.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:58 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
Stock setup is fine but upgrading the prop to a gws 7035 does a lot of good for the plane. 3s 450s work great but if you can get thunder power 3s 370s you'll get much better power to weight making 3D much easier. 450s work fine though(that's what i mostly use).

Basically the best setup would be a gws 7035 with thunder power batteries(or other very lightweight lipo) but the stock setup does it all.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:04 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,249 Posts
That sounds good. Thanks! I just read a few pages back about the debate if the threads should combine, but personally I think it's perfect to have a sport flyer and separate 3D flyer thread for this plane. Makes it TONS easier to find the info you need!

So I think I'll pop over to the "sport flyer" thread mostly, and dive in here from time to time as I get the "3D itch".
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:36 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litttledevile View Post
people that complain about it not having a3x are crazy, it works good with windy sporty flying but totally screws with 3d flight. i have the both sbach and the one with out as3x is better in my opinion. all the videos on here look like a great little airplane. I seems some people had some QC issues but i bet HH would take care of you with out blinking an eye. Im gonna get me Dad one for christmas and maybe me one too. thanks for all the great info on it guys.
I had an opportunity to fly a Beast with AS3X a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was because of the AS3X, or not, but it was a lot easier to 3D the version with AS3X. Your mileage may vary. This was a new beast with AS3X compared to my beat up 1 year old beast without.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:12 PM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post

What size are the servos? What about upgrading to hitecs?
They are the e-flite 3.5g digital servos (EFLR7100). I haven't looked into any other servos. Just wondering if the problem is the servos, or me
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:43 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I had my tail servo just go on me, they are also on back order so I am thinking we are not the only ones having issues. I have thought about using a HXT 500 in the tail.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:09 PM
3D Enthusiast
United States, UT, Orem
Joined Nov 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I had my tail servo just go on me, they are also on back order so I am thinking we are not the only ones having issues. I have thought about using a HXT 500 in the tail.
I think you're right; the servos were in stock for a couple days, and then back to backorder again. I like this plane, it just has some QC issues that are killing it for me, BIG time. oh well live and learn i guess.
I'll look into those HXT 500's you mentioned. I had already replaced the first one with a Spektrum servo that used the same connector, it did fine...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:12 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
I wanted this plane but lots of problems being reported. I'm putting the money into something else right now. I think people would rather spend more up front than to have servos die on em and stuff like that.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:08 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I wanted this plane but lots of problems being reported. I'm putting the money into something else right now. I think people would rather spend more up front than to have servos die on em and stuff like that.
Hmmm... I'd actually say that there are far more satisifed customers than those having problems.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:22 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Hmmm... I'd actually say that there are far more satisifed customers than those having problems.
I see the same thing from people I've been watching online and in real life. I seriously considering picking up this plane...
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:09 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Yup, flies like a big plane. Like'n it..... !
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256