HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xfatdannx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Gallery
My new plane for winter.

Not to fly in winter but basically my last one until my birthday in feb at the earliest. Any way, on with the goods!!!

Got it from Bananahobby. So far i have had no issues with them, so lets leave them out of this.

FMS Mitsubishi A6M Zero 1400mm.

This just came in yesterday and i am going out of town tomorrow so i hope to test all electronics today just to make sure there are no issues. Here are a couple of pics of the plane when i was just goofing around. Updated pics will be added to this post as they are available. Hopefully i can get some video of the maiden when i take it out.

I went a head and got the ARF over the KIT b/c it was only $35 more. Most of the guys, in the above mentioned thread, say that the motor is just fine but they recommend changing out the ESC. There seems to be some sort of communication error between BH and FMS. BH site says it should come with a 50a ESC whereas the manual says it should be a 65a. The guys that changed out the ESC got the 50a but for whatever reason i got the 65a so i am gonna stick with that. I also have a CC 10a BEC that i bought for another plane but never used, that will be getting used on this guy for security measures. i have a couple HS65mg servos sitting around as backups for my 70mm F-18, but i may take one and use it on the elevator on this thing before i ever fly it. I will have to take a closer look at the provided servo and see if i think it can handle the load. My biggest complaint with this plane so far, and this is not that big of deal, is the pilot looks American, not Japanese...what can you do though.

Stay tuned

maiden flight pics added!
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Last edited by xfatdannx; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:35 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
hooked up electronics to a spare RX to test everything. Right wing has some issues. Aileron servo doesn't work at all and the retract stutters like its having trouble to get up in the wing. The retract doesn't ever stop it just sounds like its having a hard time getting there, which leads me to think it wont last long if i don't fix it. Testing BH customer service. I have nothing bad to say about them yet but i am a little hesitant with some more things i have heard lately. Lets hope all goes well. Be back in town after the weekend. See ya!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:37 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Good news - BH is gonna replace the parts.

Bad news - may take 3 weeks before i get them
---------------wont be able to fly it for a while
---------------i have to pay for new decal set to replace decals that covered servo wire
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:50 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Built a stand for this guy today. about $14 including the cost of a small hack saw to cut some PVC. I had the little bungee, the two little hooks, and 10 zip ties on hand.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Its air tested and battle tested now. Check out the pics of the maiden in the first post and check out the one where the Canadian (geese) tried to infiltrate my airspace.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:07 PM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,808 Posts
2 Flights on mine at last light Sunday arvo.
Still a very stable and dependable performer.

Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spektrum Gratton Air-Fair
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Looks great. About invading air space, are you sure it is not the other way around? You invaded their air space or what it really is a stand off. The geese were on their way south for a bit of warmer weather.

Plane looks great, nice stand also.
Nice thread, you did great.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014