HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
A second to this - never seen a three blade outperform a two blade unless the two blade was grossly over or under sized.
No one is talking about more with a 3blade
Just looks more scale, and from performance of the stock prop, the 7/3.5/3 might be better than stock ??
I will find out this week ...
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
No one is talking about more with a 3blade
Just looks more scale, and from performance of the stock prop, the 7/3.5/3 might be better than stock ??
I will find out this week ...
Wouldn't a 3 blade 7x3.5 most likely need a heavier esc if the 7x3.5 two blade is close to max? Maybe you already have that covered though. My experience has been if you go from two blade to 3 blade you must cut either diameter or pitch down to accommodate the extra blade taking power to turn.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Wouldn't a 3 blade 7x3.5 most likely need a heavier esc if the 7x3.5 two blade is close to max? Maybe you already have that covered though. My experience has been if you go from two blade to 3 blade you must cut either diameter or pitch down to accommodate the extra blade taking power to turn.
3blade props pull more amps than 2blades
I'm not going to hold this plane at WOT static for a full battery pack
In flight we may see around 5amps with a 2blade
But I will push this in flight for fun and see what the stock esc can take.. I would like to try a 7x5 or 7x6
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I snuck in a quick flight this morning in front of my house. I had very limited room so I wasn't able to do much. I'll get some better video in a more appropriate flying spot soon where I can do some blenders and rolling circles and stuff. Just very basic harrier and hovers here with a few rollers and KE mixed in. I find that this plane requires a fair amount of speed for KE flight and it doesn't like HAKE flight much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBSDO...ature=youtu.be
Turnerm,

Nice flying! I was concerned that my yard wouldn't be large enough, but from watching your clip, it looks like it is plenty big enough for this bird. So the only big question I have left - how well does it handle higher winds, as compared to the Beast 3D & Sbach 3D?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:57 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,601 Posts
So I bind up but no throttle. 3beeps then continuous beeps.
AeroRecon is online now Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon View Post
So I bind up but no throttle. 3beeps then continuous beeps.
Make sure your throttle is all the way down. If it is try using your trim and knock it down more. If that doesn't work check your battery.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:08 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
So I finally got some flight time with the gws 7035dd, I do like it more than stock prop. The apc 7x4E was a bit faster though. I was pulling 140 watts static on the apc 7x4E and my motor is fine, throttle management is key with this prop.
Whoa!! Have to try this one!!!! Think I can manage throttle. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
The 7x4E is fast, I think I'm gonna back to that prop. The gws is fun but if you're looking to pick up some noticeable speed the apc 7x4E will do the trick, it turns the edge into a hot rod!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
The 7x4E is fast, I think I'm gonna back to that prop. The gws is fun but if you're looking to pick up some noticeable speed the apc 7x4E will do the trick, it turns the edge into a hot rod!
How about the vertical? Is it a fast climb also?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,052 Posts
Quote:
That's it!!!! I'm ALL in!!! Like to mix it up ,, some SLO flying , and then some high speed WOT blasts
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Do they make a 7x5?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Do they make a 7x5?
Does APC? Motor won't handle it. Becomes a puff of smoke.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Make sure your throttle is all the way down. If it is try using your trim and knock it down more. If that doesn't work check your battery.
Couple of clicks downtrim and all good. Add this to the homepage.
AeroRecon is online now Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Turnerm,

Nice flying! I was concerned that my yard wouldn't be large enough, but from watching your clip, it looks like it is plenty big enough for this bird. So the only big question I have left - how well does it handle higher winds, as compared to the Beast 3D & Sbach 3D?

Joel
Joel - In my opinion it handles lower-end winds (up to say 10mph) about the same as the 3D Beast (I don't have the 3D Sbach so I can't comment there) because it's a little larger and a little heavier. I'd venture to say that the 3D Beast still handles winds above that a little better than this plane but that's just a guess at this point because I haven't tried it. But to be honest... if it's blowing more than 10mph I don't fly my smaller planes - I stick to my 57" Extra and 70" Slick for those days because they don't mind the wind as much.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Great!