HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I snuck in a quick flight this morning in front of my house. I had very limited room so I wasn't able to do much. I'll get some better video in a more appropriate flying spot soon where I can do some blenders and rolling circles and stuff. Just very basic harrier and hovers here with a few rollers and KE mixed in. I find that this plane requires a fair amount of speed for KE flight and it doesn't like HAKE flight much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBSDO...ature=youtu.be
That's some great flyin there - keep the video's coming. Bet you can't do that same routine that smooth with your sbach.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Registered User
ForsheeMS's Avatar
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Why would you have to buy a new fuselage because of a broken rudder. Normally don't buy a new fuselage if I break one in half. Too many glue choices for foam planes for that.
The rudder is broken loose from the fuse. If it were broken in half I would glue and tape but it ripped it loose. Just the fact that it was brand new in pristine condition has me really upset. Had I wanted a beat up airplane I would have waited until someone here put a used one up for sale. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not hammering anyone here on the boards, just venting a little frustration.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:39 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
That's some great flyin there - keep the video's coming. Bet you can't do that same routine that smooth with your sbach.
Hmmmm... I like a challenge! I've only got the V1 Sbach but I'll hop to it and see!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I snuck in a quick flight this morning in front of my house. I had very limited room so I wasn't able to do much. I'll get some better video in a more appropriate flying spot soon where I can do some blenders and rolling circles and stuff. Just very basic harrier and hovers here with a few rollers and KE mixed in. I find that this plane requires a fair amount of speed for KE flight and it doesn't like HAKE flight much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBSDO...ature=youtu.be
Good video man i not notice on other ppl videos but in that one it seemed very loud maybe just cause the homes n trees
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
The rudder is broken loose from the fuse. If it were broken in half I would glue and tape but it ripped it loose. Just the fact that it was brand new in pristine condition has me really upset. Had I wanted a beat up airplane I would have waited until someone here put a used one up for sale. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not hammering anyone here on the boards, just venting a little frustration.
I would feel the same way. I'm just saying don't sell it until you've flown it. Chances are you'll want to keep it and then you can just buy new parts to make it good as new. If the rudder has come loose from the fuse just use hinge tape or scotch tape may work if you do it right. Or if you have some CA hinges that would be easiest and best looking.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I'm beginning to have problems with the copper coils in the motor coming loose. Anybody have that proplem as well? It creates a strange sound in flight like something grinding...
Mine came apart and HH is sending me a new one.
The reviews on this motor from the HH website worries me that the motors may not last long...
Fingers are crossed.
BumpierDrake960 is offline Find More Posts by BumpierDrake960
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:42 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Yours stock or have you changed prop. That thing looks to have all kinda power n vertical nice.

Glad to see more videos on youtube i keep looking for them. Ive not seen anyone to a elevator to harrier landing yet has anyone try this?
Its all the stock,i am flying it without the spinner though and glued the firewall/motor mount on better. It doesnt seem lacking in power but i do have gws 7x3.5 props. That was the very first flight to check balance and how it stalled but i'll get some more video up when i fly it again. It was 30 degrees out and a little windy so i just wanted to fly it quick and get home.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:05 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Mine has always made a lot if noise. Does it sound like the video above or worse?
It sounds like intermittent grinding noises. The video above DID have some intermittent grinding. For me, it's worse tgan the video.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Good video man i not notice on other ppl videos but in that one it seemed very loud maybe just cause the homes n trees
Thanks. Yes - this plane is not very quiet. Kinda reminds me of a louder 3D Beast.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:19 PM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I think there have been failures. I'm on my phone so I can't go track them down. The ESC tends to get very hot if you fly half throttle and above for half the flight. It's running 4 digital servos at the same time while being fully deflected a lot of the time. Static test says it's like 9.9 amps on stock setup. Yes you unload some in the air but the servos more than make up for that. To make it worse they located the ESC in the battery compartment with very little ventilation. It should be relocated to below away from the battery and where the air is flowing nicely. So for the money a 12 amp would have been much better!
The stock esc has headroom ...
Static is much harder than actual flight.
No failures on this esc. Very hot?
Some think 100* is very hot.. And that is not
So to say its very hot is not relevant
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I'm beginning to have problems with the copper coils in the motor coming loose. Anybody have that proplem as well? It creates a strange sound in flight like something grinding...
Let us know what's going on with your motor ..
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
brushless55's Avatar
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpierDrake960 View Post
Mine came apart and HH is sending me a new one.
The reviews on this motor from the HH website worries me that the motors may not last long...
Fingers are crossed.
This is not something we want to hear
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:28 PM
Smasher of foam
FunkeyMonk's Avatar
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I snuck in a quick flight this morning in front of my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBSDO...ature=youtu.be
SOLD! After watching this video, I'm going to stop fussing over the sbach/edge decision. Hopefully the QC issues on this plane are ironed out before I buy one in March.
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpierDrake960 View Post
Mine came apart and HH is sending me a new one.
The reviews on this motor from the HH website worries me that the motors may not last long...
Fingers are crossed.
How do they have reviews out for this motor. It seems like it's something brand new. Part number does not match any existing eflight motors on their web site.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
How do they have reviews out for this motor. It seems like it's something brand new. Part number does not match any existing eflight motors on their web site.
It is a brand new version of the original Park 280 with the bad reviews. So far it's not impressive as far as the noise goes though.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1089 Nov 19, 2014 05:43 PM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM