SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeneration View Post
What i would like to see next is a beast 3d in this scale! Well doesn't need to be a beast, any kind of pitts bipe with a nice colour scheme.
That would make my day.
Anyone else with me on this one?
Cheers
A beast WOULD be nice,,, but my personal vote would be something like the Mig -15 but in this 300 size,,, just love the sound of those EDFs. :-O
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
I just picked these up at the LHS. It was all they had. They are incredible so far! Super stiff and balance well. It's a 7x3 so technically they should be slower than stock but as you guys know the stock performs more like a 5x1 It was way faster than stock, vertical was unlimited and it has PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great too. Now here is the small problem. The center hole is to big for the stock adapter I solved this by putting shrink tube on the adapter and shrinking it. Kept doing this until it made the adapter the right size. Only took 3 layers. So it's not a lot of work but if you don't have shrink tube then you need a new adapter or shrink tube to make this work. The ESC comes down no warmer than the stock setup. Yet the blade is twice the size. Another awesome effect is that maneuvers get even more violent with it. I highly recommend it and it's the prop HH should have put on the plane in the first place. Have you guys paid attention to how much extra work HH went through to make the spinner and prop work with that adapter. What a waste and it makes it harder for us to get something that actually works. Rant over!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPAB6&P=OW
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
I have a Prius,,, and its the PERFECT car for electric RC planes!! I can stuff like 5-6 pretty good size planes in the back,, I hook up my 4 port charger into electrical outlet,, leave car on,, and gas motor will automatically come on and charge the cars battery whenever it needs it,, I can charge 4 plane batteries simultaneously and keep flying planes back to back ALL day long. It's the PERFECT mobile charging platform !!! :-)
It really is. What's even better is to take the cover off the battery in back of the right rear wheel well. The carpet still covers it, though you should take extra care to make sure "things" don't fall in there, especially conductive "things". You can alligator clip your + lead right to the post and put the carpet back. Then you can turn your charger on and off by clipping the - lead to the stainless steel cargo hold-down loop. I do it a little different, though. I leave the car off and charge 4 4S 2500mAh batteries before letting it run a little. Then I shut it off again. Haven't been caught yet!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It really is. What's even better is to take the cover off the battery in back of the right rear wheel well. The carpet still covers it, though you should take extra care to make sure "things" don't fall in there, especially conductive "things". You can alligator clip your + lead right to the post and put the carpet back. Then you can turn your charger on and off by clipping the - lead to the stainless steel cargo hold-down loop. I do it a little different, though. I leave the car off and charge 4 4S 2500mAh batteries before letting it run a little. Then I shut it off again. Haven't been caught yet!
Ya good idea about hooking in directly to battery, ill have to try that , thanks
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I just picked these up at the LHS. It was all they had. They are incredible so far! Super stiff and balance well. It's a 7x3 so technically they should be slower than stock but as you guys know the stock performs more like a 5x1 It was way faster than stock, vertical was unlimited and it has PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great too. Now here is the small problem. The center hole is to big for the stock adapter I solved this by putting shrink tube on the adapter and shrinking it. Kept doing this until it made the adapter the right size. Only took 3 layers. So it's not a lot of work but if you don't have shrink tube then you need a new adapter or shrink tube to make this work. The ESC comes down no warmer than the stock setup. Yet the blade is twice the size. Another awesome effect is that maneuvers get even more violent with it. I highly recommend it and it's the prop HH should have put on the plane in the first place. Have you guys paid attention to how much extra work HH went through to make the spinner and prop work with that adapter. What a waste and it makes it harder for us to get something that actually works. Rant over!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPAB6&P=OW
Think maybe they did this to try and make us buy ONLY their propeller ???
Yes and I too was shocked at how much difference the GWS 7x3.5 propeller made
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
epoweredrc's Avatar
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,821 Posts
Wow thats really awesome bout the car and charging. Unlikley i ever be able afford one but maybe one day they are roomy.
Darn guys i want this plane so so bad rents due next week otherwise ild be ordering one on monday witch is my bday this is only bday pres i want
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,241 Posts
Ok,,, think ill have to radar clock mine with the GWS 7x3.5 prop today. Radared the plane with the stock prop at 40-42 mph,, my Sbach 3d on 3s was 47 mph
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Wow thats really awesome bout the car and charging. Unlikley i ever be able afford one but maybe one day they are roomy.
Darn guys i want this plane so so bad rents due next week otherwise ild be ordering one on monday witch is my bday this is only bday pres i want
Bummer. :-(
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:22 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
The prop issue kind of reminds me of the carbon z yak, they are very off from being even close to balanced, first time I spooled the yak up my wife thought I brought the lawn mower inside lol! I don't know why they sell the yak with the prop installed cause you have to take it off anyway. The prop should be in a bag with a warning on it! They even put a 8mm prop adapter on it so no other prop will fit.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
The prop issue kind of reminds me of the carbon z yak, they are very off from being even close to balanced, first time I spooled the yak up my wife thought I brought the lawn mower inside lol! I don't know why they sell the yak with the prop installed cause you have to take it off anyway. The prop should be in a bag with a warning on it! They even put a 8mm prop adapter on it so no other prop will fit.
The Carbon Z Yak was a turd all the way around. The servos were crap and the motor mount was defective. Outside of that the plane was over weight for 3D flying.

I really wanted to like it. The roll rate was insane though!!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,341 Posts
Does the spinner fit with 7x3.5 HD prop? I bought 3. What mods do I have to do to make it fit?


J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I can't answer that. I saw one at the LHS and it looks like pretty crumbly stuff. I remember some guy somewhere on these forums came up with a light coating of something clear to strengthen just this type of foam. Anyone remember that or have any ideas?
I do remember. It was his Beast. He painted coats of Elmer's glue on it. Makes the plane all shiny like someone waxed it.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:25 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
SLK Count's Avatar
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
928 Posts
Pilot is gone...

..because he didn't pay his rent
Looks better without him, I opend the canopy with little force from finger nails under the lip (bad glue had to say "hello" again) and cut the pilot with thin carbon wire and painted with black edding pen. After that I reglue the canopy with Pattex extreme repair.
There is not a big benefit in weights- only 1g would it be I guess because the pilot is made of foam too.
Hope the next planes will come without pilot..
One pic....R.I.P "Matt"
-

My throws are at 110% now-- I saw the HH promo vid from QQ and for these maneuvers he should have highest throws in combination with a light weight lipo pack. Therefore I ordered nanotech 450mAh packs from Hk German warehouse.
Now I have to wait up to next weekend for testing....
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Last edited by SLK Count; Nov 24, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Why wouldn't we want a pilot in the plane Not being smart but I'm confused why you hope they don't put a pilot in the next plane. It's one of the reasons I bought the plane I've never seen a real life plane fly without one
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
xlrDALLAS's Avatar
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
The Carbon Z Yak was a turd all the way around. The servos were crap and the motor mount was defective. Outside of that the plane was over weight for 3D flying.

I really wanted to like it. The roll rate was insane though!!
i tend to disagree , im a sport flyer not to much into 3d , the yak is one of my favorite planes , flys great has, great power , but like i said im not a 3d guy
xlrDALLAS is online now Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1089 Nov 19, 2014 05:43 PM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM