SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:09 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Got mine! Got it all set up in my Futaba and I'm ready for tomorrow's maiden

I have two Zippy 500 packs ready to go. Hoping it comes home in the same condition it is now
Which futaba rx are you using?
Thanks
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
You weren't alone on the cosmetic damage Mine has finger nails marks all over it and the blue paint needed another coat in a lot of areas. I told HH of they are sending it up the ladder to hopefully make future runs better. Mean while they sent me a new set of wings after I sent them pics showing them how bad it was. Mine really does look like a $60 plane from HK and not a $170 plane. Oh well you can't see the stuff in the air. At least it flies good
mine has damage to aileron, and canopy needs reglued

calling HH tommorow.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Maybe you could call the sorting facility, have them hold your package there, then you go drive there and pick it up, then maybe you could have it this evening
:-)
Good idea but it's the LHS's order. I've only put half down. The manager just gave me the tracking number.
Sixinarow is online now Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I can't land on my grass either. I just harrier in until I'm right off the ground and cut throttle and let it touch down and nose over. After 30 flights there hasn't been any damage and I don't see it ever getting hurt this way. There just not enough mass. I'm not sure bigger wheels will solve anything for the same reason. Keep us updated though I'll throw bigger wheels on if you have some luck. It be nice to be able to do some real landings.
Got some dubro micro's on it now. Started to put some 1.86" ones I had bought for it, but had to scavenge some wheel collars from my crunched Pitts and decided to go on and use the 2.25" that were on the Pitts.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:14 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
Which futaba rx are you using?
Thanks
Stock - have a Spektrum module in my 9c.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:36 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,378 Posts
Pics of the dents

Here are some of the fingernail dents on my new edge...There is even a blob of paint lol. Should I call HH? Is it really that bad?

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Last edited by jabsten; Feb 02, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:51 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Hi Guys,

It looks like some of you may have both the SBach and the 540QQ. I was hoping for some advice, I realize it will probably be biassed by posting it in this thread and not the SBach's, but maybe I chose to post here subconciously.

I get about an hour, sometimes two, to fly once a week if I'm lucky, so I typically have to make every moment count. With the 540QQ, for those of you who have flown it, is it too much of a PITA to have to reassemble the wings for a once a week trip to a park for maybe three or four packs? Would it seem like constantly reassembling it would cause wear and tear?

How about noise? Is the 540QQ, with its lower KV motor, much quieter than the buzzy Sbach? I fly in some pretty built up residential areas, so noise is a bit of a consideration. Lastly, how about grass landings? Is the 540QQ robust enough to be harrier plopped down on grass for every landing? My experience witht he B3D was that I could only land it on dirt baseball diamond infields, but the SBach seems far more resilient. I'm not sure where the 540 fits in here in terms of durability when landing.

The practical part of me wants the SBach, but the kid in me wants the 540, though not if it's going to be too much trouble and I don't need three soccer fields golf green space and a ground crew to do wing assemblies. Battery concerns are not a factor as I'm stocked for both. WWYD?

Thanks
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:53 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Here are some of the fingernail dents on my new edge...There is even a blob of paint lol. Should I call HH? Is it really that bad?

J
Just imagine it was the super model on the assembly line and you won't mind the fingernail marks so much

Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:55 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Stock - have a Spektrum module in my 9c.
Oh, got it.. Sorry, I thought you changed out the rx, cool.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,772 Posts
Sounds like you needs an Sbach with a 2300kv motor and a 5043prop.
That's what I've got to fly in my local park, the servos are louder than the motor!

Regarding the QQ, I'm still waiting to see if anyone has used 2x 240mAh in parallel, I'm not wanting to get any more batts.......
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Just imagine it was the super model on the assembly line and you won't mind the fingernail marks so much

LOL I was thinking that actually...who did it?

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Sounds like you needs an Sbach with a 2300kv motor and a 5043prop.
That's what I've got to fly in my local park, the servos are louder than the motor!
+100! It's amazing, even bombing around on 3S. No one is going to complain about the noise!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
battery placement ?

I have a 3s 460 nanotech...battery all the way forward...and under lip? or just all the way forward?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:05 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
battery placement ?

I have a 3s 460 nanotech...battery all the way forward...and under lip? or just all the way forward?
I'd put it where ever the CG is right. I know... not the answer you wanted...
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Mar 2011
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
battery placement ?

What CG range works to make this model level inverted and upright. LHS has one coming in. Going to stick my 800mah in and see if it will work. If it does it will be mine. If not I will find something else for Santa to get me
litehawkdown is online now Find More Posts by litehawkdown