Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I actually thought the V1 Beast was better as well. Wish I wouldn't have sold it.

Liking this more and more. I just convinced wifey that I'm buying the 74" Edge 540 from 3DHS and the KMX from PA..... Wonder if she'll notice this one too......
Take off canopy on 74", stuff QQ edge inside, put canopy on. Solved!
bjornal is offline Find More Posts by bjornal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornal View Post
Take off canopy on 74", stuff QQ edge inside, put canopy on. Solved!
Nice
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,771 Posts
Maiden done - and flights 2,3,4,5. I've renamed it, from my big little plane to my little big plane. Flies more like my bigger planes than a um. It will actually slow down without falling out of the sky or putting it in a harrier and actually glides like my bigger planes. First flight was a handful at first, I usually don't have much trouble lining control surfaces up by eye, but didn't do well on this one. Needed several clicks of down elev and right aileron. I thought the marks on the fuse would help. Wanted to loop and roll to the left. Quickly got it sorted out, then had to calm down. I'm just past advanced beginner, so no 3d for me, just a few simple aerobatics. Had control throws way down, but still does tight loops and very quick rolls. The only disappointment to me was that I love to do ke passes, and mine pulls hard toward the wheels. If I remember right, that's usually aft cg, but battery was all the way forward. Just a little down required for level inverted flight, so cg apparently isn't too far back.Only have grass field at our club field, so Wheel pants and little bitty wheels are gonna have to go. Tipped up and got prop in grass on one take off, and all landings ended up in a flip over on the nose. No damage though. On three of landings got a few feet of roll out before flip, the other two were instant. One of those was a fly in and then trip and on the other I slowed it down too much too high and dropped on the gear from about a foot up. Ran 5 minute timer and first battery just finished charging putting 242ma back in. First impressions are good so far. Edit: I believe somebody said it earlier, but these little servos seem to be lightening quick. I fly almost everything on the same expo settings, but put a bit more in this one.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
Just got my edge today Too bad it is really crappy out. It has been for a while here in Boise. One thing I noticed on mine, was that the plastic wheel holder was off of mine. The blue piece had to be reglued. Also there were a lot of little dents on the top of my plane. Guess I am being picky, but it should be pristine. Anyway, going to set it up soon since I will be out of town tomorrow till sunday. So monday of next week it will go up weather pending. And there is no way it is easy transport...taking off wings and such would be a pain in the rear lol.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Maiden done - and flights 2,3,4,5. I've renamed it, from my big little plane to my little big plane. Flies more like my bigger planes than a um. It will actually slow down without falling out of the sky or putting it in a harrier and actually glides like my bigger planes. First flight was a handful at first, I usually don't have much trouble lining control surfaces up by eye, but didn't do well on this one. Needed several clicks of down elev and right aileron. I thought the marks on the fuse would help. Wanted to loop and roll to the left. Quickly got it sorted out, then had to calm down. I'm just past advanced beginner, so no 3d for me, just a few simple aerobatics. Had control throws way down, but still does tight loops and very quick rolls. The only disappointment to me was that I love to do ke passes, and mine pulls hard toward the wheels. If I remember right, that's usually aft cg, but battery was all the way forward. Just a little down required for level inverted flight, so cg apparently isn't too far back.Only have grass field at our club field, so Wheel pants and little bitty wheels are gonna have to go. Tipped up and got prop in grass on one take off, and all landings ended up in a flip over on the nose. No damage though. On three of landings got a few feet of roll out before flip, the other two were instant. One of those was a fly in and then trip and on the other I slowed it down too much too high and dropped on the gear from about a foot up. Ran 5 minute timer and first battery just finished charging putting 242ma back in. First impressions are good so far. Edit: I believe somebody said it earlier, but these little servos seem to be lightening quick. I fly almost everything on the same expo settings, but put a bit more in this one.
If you have a lightweight battery,, even with it all the way fowArd you might still end up with aft CG,, I've got a 48g 500mah 35c in mine all the way fowArd and it balances at about 43-44 mm back,, I'm having NO probs at all on knife edges and inverted I'm usually almost NO elevator AT all. And these servos are very very quick,, I couldn't even fly mine at first on high rates,, had to fly it on low rates a few times,, then finally switched over to high rates, the roll rate on high rates are CRAZY fast!!! And it does the tightest loops
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,545 Posts
what size batt,
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,771 Posts
I have some 460 nanotechs and 500 zippy's. All of them weigh between 43.5 and 44.3g. So far have two charged back up and they were 243ma and 210 ma back in for full charge. Flights were run the timer out and then make a pass or two to line up for landings.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:39 PM
A tale of two slickies
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
442 Posts
I agree it's time for the gear to come off mine as well... Bummer but nothing to do about it
0gravity is online now Find More Posts by 0gravity
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Just got my edge today Too bad it is really crappy out. It has been for a while here in Boise. One thing I noticed on mine, was that the plastic wheel holder was off of mine. The blue piece had to be reglued. Also there were a lot of little dents on the top of my plane. Guess I am being picky, but it should be pristine. Anyway, going to set it up soon since I will be out of town tomorrow till sunday. So monday of next week it will go up weather pending. And there is no way it is easy transport...taking off wings and such would be a pain in the rear lol.

J
You weren't alone on the cosmetic damage Mine has finger nails marks all over it and the blue paint needed another coat in a lot of areas. I told HH of they are sending it up the ladder to hopefully make future runs better. Mean while they sent me a new set of wings after I sent them pics showing them how bad it was. Mine really does look like a $60 plane from HK and not a $170 plane. Oh well you can't see the stuff in the air. At least it flies good
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
I put my spit on a diet, trimmed guns down a bit, removed oil coolers. They come off pretty easy and its painted and moulded underneath!
Also removed landing gear clips, flies much cleaner now not much difference maybe a little better glide. All bits can be put back on except the guns as i clipped the tips off after people were snagging them and tearing the wing.
I just can't resist messing with things
Cheers
mygeneration is online now Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
240 Posts
Love this plane! I like it more after each flight it really does fly like my bigger 3D ships.
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:32 PM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Just Picked mine up from lhs along with some batts today, just about ready to open box and get this bird ready for tomarrow morning, can't wait!!
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
You weren't alone on the cosmetic damage Mine has finger nails marks all over it and the blue paint needed another coat in a lot of areas. I told HH of they are sending it up the ladder to hopefully make future runs better. Mean while they sent me a new set of wings after I sent them pics showing them how bad it was. Mine really does look like a $60 plane from HK and not a $170 plane. Oh well you can't see the stuff in the air. At least it flies good
Mine has fingernail grooves on battery hatch and the nose. There are like 4 or 5 of them.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
I agree it's time for the gear to come off mine as well... Bummer but nothing to do about it
I'm gonna give larger wheels a try first. Just got to come up with some collars to hold them on and probably some spacers for the axle holes.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Love this plane! I like it more after each flight it really does fly like my bigger 3D ships.
This plane REALLY does grow on you!!! I've felt the same way , the more I fly it the more its very positive attributes seem to come out. It's a bummer people are having some cosmetic issues. I went with my flying buddy to get his edge at our LHS,, opened up a few to check them out,, first one had a bad wing servo , second one had plastic piece at back end of battery hatch not glued. Is HH having some QC issues with these planes??? I feel lucky I didn't have any issues with mine. Good thing it flys soooo good
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 20, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Addition