HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
ForsheeMS,

If you do, can I get a large order of your awesome Lexington BBQ packed inside my box?

I'll take one of each please!!!!! :-)
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
I'll take one of each please!!!!! :-)
It's kind of funny, there's got to be 100 BBQ places around here and I eat BBQ maybe twice a year.

As far as the box goes, my LHS just got the Edge in so I need to make a trip to get some measurements. Unfortunately can't pick one up as it's my slow time of year on cash but I will be selling a couple of my 1s micro's to hopefully get my hands on one of these soon.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Luck is my skill
On Earth
Joined Jun 2009
1,000 Posts
What's realistic the flight times people are getting with a 450-500ish?
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,037 Posts
My LHS ordered two. One of them is mine! The manager gave me the tracking number so
I can see where it is. Left CA on Saturday. Hopefully I get it before Thanksgiving.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
Proud father of two.
Joined Jan 2003
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Thanks for the video - I think I'm gonna like it (or them) Color me crazy, but my lhs is apparently having problems with HH, so didn't get mine in, so I ordered from HH, on the brown truck for del today. But yesterday went to the city and big hobby shop there had a sale going on with 20% off everything in the store. So for $135 I just could not resist a second. Looks to me like it has a wider flight envelope than the Sbach. Looks like it will slow down better and that is important to me for small area flying. I'm not quick enough for fast and small areas, love slow and floaty. From what I see in this video, it looks to be a better plane than the Sbach which is one of my favorite's. It's only problem is that it wants to have speed to fly right.

What was the name of the big hobby shop that had the sale?
Mad4Mustangs is offline Find More Posts by Mad4Mustangs
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,411 Posts
It was Mark Twain hobby center in St. Charles, MO. But it was only 2 days Saturday and Sunday. I didn't know the sale was going on, just happened to be in the area only. I really had to restrain myself, I could have went crazy with 20% off everything. Found several things that I touched and stared at and talked to myself about. But finally figured with 2 of these and recently the Sbach v2's, I best restrain myself.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
Proud father of two.
Joined Jan 2003
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
It was Mark Twain hobby center in St. Charles, MO. But it was only 2 days Saturday and Sunday. I didn't know the sale was going on, just happened to be in the area only. I really had to restrain myself, I could have went crazy with 20% off everything. Found several things that I touched and stared at and talked to myself about. But finally figured with 2 of these and recently the Sbach v2's, I best restrain myself.
Good call, but that's a great price on the airplane. Congrats.
Mad4Mustangs is offline Find More Posts by Mad4Mustangs
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,393 Posts
Just did my maiden! I'm happy and disappointed.

Good:
  • Does every trick in the book and does them well
  • Can take off from pretty rough grass
  • It flies pretty close to a balsa plane
  • It floats really nice
  • Slow flight it fantastic
  • Hover is simple

Bad:
  • Cosmetically mine is a mess (Will be calling HH on that)
  • I had to carve out a bunch of plastic in the wing slots just to get the wings on
  • ESC is located in the battery compartment and get's hot( needs to be relocated to under the battery compartment)
  • Prop is as flimsy as they get and will need to be replaced for a stiffer one

All in all I'd buy it again and I'm happy with it but need to get a couple of things fixed before I'm impressed with it.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:46 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
409 Posts
prop change...

I have a GWS 7x3.5 DD coming

perhaps the APC 7X4E would be even better.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
prop change...

I have a GWS 7x3.5 DD coming

perhaps the APC 7X4E would be even better.
Think this thing needs the 7x4,, doesn't have quite enough oomph in vertical
Maybe I don't fly mine hard enough,, but I never found my ESC getting hot
And this plane is Definately one you'll Wana have TWO of. :-)
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Think this thing needs the 7x4,, doesn't have quite enough oomph in vertical

or perhaps the APC 7x3.8 slow flyer wide blade

more thrust, less RPM's
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrtim View Post
or perhaps the APC 7x3.8 slow flyer wide blade

more thrust, less RPM's
This would probably be a good choice. I do think the ESC would have to up to at least a 12amp to handle it though.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:33 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,540 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked the video. I wanted the video to show what the little Edge could do.

I agree that the prop is very flimsy, but it might be a good thing because it may save the motor and fuselage in a crash.

The Edge is getting 6-6:30 flight times with about 20% left in my TP 480mah batteries.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,168 Posts
I can test those props for you guys in a few hours. I do have a 12 amp esc installed, the prop adapter has a tiny shaft, too small for apc props. I removed the allen set screws and replaced with machine screws to turn the stock prop adapter into a prop saver, only problem is no spinner. A 2mm prop adapter works if you want to keep the spinner, it will add some weight though and put a small gap between spinner and cowl.
slo-fly is online now Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:44 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I can test those props for you guys in a few hours. I do have a 12 amp esc installed, the prop adapter has a tiny shaft, too small for apc props. I removed the allen set screws and replaced with machine screws to turn the stock prop adapter into a prop saver, only problem is no spinner. A 2mm prop adapter works if you want to keep the spinner, it will add some weight though and put a small gap between spinner and cowl.
How bout GWS props?? And who's 12amp ESC are you using??
Personally I'm not THAT dissatisfied with stock prop,, but,,, if it wasn't too hard to switch out props I'd give it a try.
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 19, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Addition