Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
z8rc usually has a VERY opinionated slant on everything. just a FYI.

-Brian
Yeah I know. I don't like him but the pic is there and the 9X which is far more capable is only $45. That's what makes me believe the price is close to accurate. Either way it's going to be cheap.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:54 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
The edge has a slight bit of coupling during rolls, I think differential will correct that. I had my travel rates @ 150 percent, @ full throw I'm getting almost double the recommended high rate for aileron, about 45 degrees throw. I flew at 45 percent rates for low rates and 75 percent for mid rate and 100 percent high rates. I never hit high rates, low rate felt pretty fast and mid rate was insane, I can't imagine what high rates will do lol!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I've beenflyin my ol' trusty Futaba 9c with spektrum module for all my BNF stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Hobbyking is coming out with a fake DX6i soon for $22! It's no DX8 but it's $22
Hobby King just released a Spektrum module about a week or two ago, but the first batch has a huge problem (Channel two acting up on most modules, people are still waiting to see what HK will do to fix them). So, it makes you wonder how reliable the Orange Tx will be. BTW, this picture (and a few others who have been showing up from Orange Tx are usually taken from videos showing other products. So far, I don't think HK has released any official information about them other than using them when they make videos.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I think others have stated it, but this is an incredibly biased fellow, whom I have seen photoshop different colors onto the Beast speaking about it as YELLOW, etc., just to make a negative point about all things HH.

All entitled to their opinion, so I suppose he is too, but I would take anything he says with a TABLE SPOON of salt, and certainly would want to see something more official from HK before I counted on seeing that Tx for real.

Just me being skeptical ...

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
I have had problems with dsm2 receivers at my field, both spektrum and orange. I never had a problem with ultra micro receivers though. When dsmx came out I upgraded everything and haven't had a problem since. The field I fly at is not safe for spektrum dsm2 for some reason, everybody has futaba and you'll hear spektrum horror stories on a daily basis from these guys. I wouldn't use the orange stuff because of my field, I've heard it works well for most people though. If there was a dsmx orange I'd be tempted to try that at my field. $22 sounds great for a transmitter but at the same time I wonder how far I could trust it.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Well, I got about 6 flights on the little Edge today, and all I can say is wow! I really like it! It will make you a better pilot, unless you demolish it first! ;-) The little plane is not as fast as you might think, nor does if have the "oomph" in the vertical lines. The Edge however, does have a lot of control and super snappy-fast servos which allows for some crazy aerobatics. Flight times are about 6-6.5 minutes on a 3s 480 TP battery.

After flying the Edge my 3DHS 51" AJ Slick felt slow and predictable - which is a good thing... ;-)

The lightweight Edge 540 QQ is fairly durable because it has low mass in a crash, but it's not as tough as my EPP RCF Yak 55 from Twisted Hobbies. It's a good addition to your fleet and will get you some good stick time in a small field when needed!

A flight video is being uploaded a I type this.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,767 Posts
Good to hear! I'm guessing a motor swap won't be hard and someone will find a suitable replacement soon enough

The important thing is how it flies and the great control it has.

Wednesday can't come soon enough!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post

A flight video is being uploaded a I type this.

YES-- 1st video, now you're talkin' !
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
E-Flight Edge 540 QQ 280 - First Flights Hucking (2 min 40 sec)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,767 Posts
Sweeet. Looks nice and floaty. I like it!!

With the light wing loading and all - I wonder what kind of payload it could lift... GoPro?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Sweeet. Looks nice and floaty. I like it!!

With the light wing loading and all - I wonder what kind of payload it could lift... GoPro?
Not a chance for the GoPro. Key chain camera no problem.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,767 Posts
I need to get a keychain cam!

What about the pilot - is it easy to get to him and replace with a different one?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:39 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Vlaardingen
Joined Aug 2012
27 Posts
I'd like to know how the Edge compares to the AS3X SBach, anyone have experience with both?
TobyW is offline Find More Posts by TobyW
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Great video Crazyj!!! Even some bird action, and a bit of everything (great skill btw...).
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Really nice vidéo....!! Makes me want to get this Edge sooo much... Hopefully available here by the end of the month...!
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz