HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
These are better than anything HK sells. Cheaper and they're in stock. Just don't buy them all up

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
Thanks! They weren't in stock yesterday. Unless I didn't read correctly.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Last edited by Sixinarow; Nov 17, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,667 Posts
I think they just came back in stock today.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
These are better than anything HK sells. Cheaper and they're in stock. Just don't buy them all up

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
Do they make this one with the right connector? This one says banana plug is the connection.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I tried 2s testing on a 8x3.8 apc slow fly and it was 70 watts, almost 80 watts on a 9x3.8 slow fly. I'll get some more props with better pitch and try more 2s testing later, going to test it stock on 3s tomorrow to see how it feels first.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Do they make this one with the right connector? This one says banana plug is the connection.
It's a typo. They come with JST.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
I was thinking about getting those and just cutting .5 off the tip to make a 6.5x3.5. I might even try the 6x3x3 for slower high alpha flight. The only problem I can think of is the spinner.

-Brian
How about cutting .1" off each tip and making them 6.8 x 3.5? Same dimensions as stock that way. Actually I picked up two of these yesterday at lhs, but didn't intend on cutting any off the tips. Sort of hoping less than 1/4" overall length isn't that much. That plus the differences in design put you starting over again anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
For you lucky ones that have the Edge in your hands, does it look like it could stand belly landing in grass with the gear off?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:45 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,756 Posts
Quote:
How about cutting .1" off each tip and making them 6.8 x 3.5? Same dimensions as stock that way. Actually I picked up two of these yesterday at lhs, but didn't intend on cutting any off the tips. Sort of hoping less than 1/4" overall length isn't that much. That plus the differences in design put you starting over again anyway.
the stock is 6.8 x3.5 with two blades. Adding a third blade and keeping the diameter and pitch the same will increase required power by about 1.4x! Not good when the stock setup is drawing 9.9Amps on a 10Amp esc. Not to mention the spinner. Would need one designed for a three bladed prop.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:46 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
For you lucky ones that have the Edge in your hands, does it look like it could stand belly landing in grass with the gear off?
Yes, I fly off the grass all the time with my other models. This Edge looks nice with the gear on, I may try to hover-catch it or land on the narrow walking path at the park.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Quote:
the stock is 6.8 x3.5 with two blades. Adding a third blade and keeping the diameter and pitch the same will increase required power by about 1.4x! Not good when the stock setup is drawing 9.9Amps on a 10Amp esc. Not to mention the spinner. Would need one designed for a three bladed prop.

-Brian
I think he meant two blades. .1" off two tips of the 7" blade.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:

-Brian
Woops -- didn't know we were talking about 3 blade props. Mention was made of the 7x3.5 which I had just picked up at lhs on Friday and it's a two blade, just .2" longer than stock one. Thought that is what the reference was to. I'm not much of a fan of 3 blade props. Maybe I just never found the right one for my applications, but I've never found one that would perform like a two blade. Always heard that two blades were more efficient than three also.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Woops -- didn't know we were talking about 3 blade props. Mention was made of the 7x3.5 which I had just picked up at lhs on Friday and it's a two blade, just .2" longer than stock one. Thought that is what the reference was to. I'm not much of a fan of 3 blade props. Maybe I just never found the right one for my applications, but I've never found one that would perform like a two blade. Always heard that two blades were more efficient than three also.
Two blades are ALWAYS more effecient
That's why ducted fans and turbines not as effiecient as two blade :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:15 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
We need some video!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
We need some video!!
Yes please!
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Two blades are ALWAYS more effecient
That's why ducted fans and turbines not as effiecient as two blade :-)
Yes two blades are always more efficient. The reason you'd use more blades is thrust, more blades = more thrust for the same prop disc area. You could of course use a longer two blade prop but you have ground clearance to consider.

I've only had one plane that had a three blade prop work well. But that was a plane with short landing gear that sat really low to the ground.

The other thing to consider it scale appearance. Three blade props just look sweet on an Edge, just like the full scale ones!

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon