SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
crazyj's Avatar
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
I see what your saying about wing moving with full deflection,, I noticed on mine if I moved ailerons slowly it didn't move wing as much,, I'm wondering if this is just from those huge ailerons moving so quickly and hopefully with air pressure over the wing it won't be an issue. So did anybody notice the little hatch marks on the side of the fuse right at back edge of ailerons?? I wonder if this is a reference point for setting ailerons at 0 undercamber??? And is it just me or is there a ever so slight amount of anhedral in these wings???
The dimples in the fuse is to align the ailerons correctly. There's a tad bit of anhedral on mine too - think it's normal and should not affect flight. I don't see the wing flexing with the aileron deflection - maybe my eyes aren't as good as yours...
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
I don't see the wings flexing in the video either - bad eyes too I guess.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
The dimples in the fuse is to align the ailerons correctly. There's a tad bit of anhedral on mine too - think it's normal and should not affect flight. I don't see the wing flexing with the aileron deflection - maybe my eyes aren't as good as yours...
Yes on my larger Kyosho Red Bull Edge 540, it has that same anhedral, so maybe inherent in design of the edge?? Wonder what purpose it would serve??
More stable inverted?? ,,, and has anyone here heard of mixing aileron trailing edge reflex with up elevator in order to stabalize harriers???
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
_Colton_'s Avatar
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
Just to shed some quick light on the wing moving thing.

Any aircraft with large ailerons moving quickly with a good spring gear will do this on the ground. Every Giant scale I've seen or owned has done the same.

Nothing to be worried about at all.

On a side note we had a few of these flying indoors last night. It's a blast! In a small space as long as it's post stall it's very predictable and fun to fly.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:10 PM
A tale of two slickies
0gravity's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
Flew it... Quite a bit. Stock esc was bad out of the box but had another a friend loaned.

A. Tail wheel went missing after first flight but was able to take off from grass every time. Check your tail wheels.

B. Wish wings were magnetized to fuse... The little screws defeat the purpose almost. I'll need to keep wings on.

That's the bad stuff. Plane tracks very well. Cg with my 500s was moved back to 1/2" back from wall. Getting 6 minutes.

Hover hard to hold... I might want to look at other prop options... Thing is a KE KING tho. I want to look into fine tuning for harrier - it's my fault but got alotof winng rock.

Flying wot is a kick in the pants :-)

Landings and takeoffs very easy.

Flew in wind and calm. Got bounced around and am thinking about a gyro already.

All in all its a great flyer. Well worth the money and got folks talking... I really like this plane. Heckuva lot!
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
Flew it... Quite a bit. Stock esc was bad out of the box but had another a friend loaned.

A. Tail wheel went missing after first flight but was able to take off from grass every time. Check your tail wheels.

B. Wish wings were magnetized to fuse... The little screws defeat the purpose almost. I'll need to keep wings on.

That's the bad stuff. Plane tracks very well. Cg with my 500s was moved back to 1/2" back from wall. Getting 6 minutes.

Hover hard to hold... I might want to look at other prop options... Thing is a KE KING tho. I want to look into fine tuning for harrier - it's my fault but got alotof winng rock.

Flying wot is a kick in the pants :-)

Landings and takeoffs very easy.

Flew in wind and calm. Got bounced around and am thinking about a gyro already.

All in all its a great flyer. Well worth the money and got folks talking... I really like this plane. Heckuva lot!
Thanks for the flight report Have you called HH? I'm sure they'll send you another ESC. Did it have inverted wing rock too?
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:28 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
The batteyr compartment is pretty big length and width wize. I have a TP 480 3s and it fits fine. They recommend that the battery be pushed all the way forward in the compartment to balance. I'm guessing a larger heavier battery can be slid back to find balance. I'm sticking with the recommended size to keep it light weight.

Here's a quick video to get your taste buds going...

http://youtu.be/S1ulcCF_uOg
Gosh that was entertaining. Thanks. Would have been way better if you could waggle the control surfaces to the music.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
A tale of two slickies
0gravity's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Thanks for the flight report Have you called HH? I'm sure they'll send you another ESC. Did it have inverted wing rock too?
Not worried about it HH has always treated me very well. I did not try inverted harrier
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote : Stock esc was bad out of the box.
Did you try putting throttle trim ALL the way down to lowest setting. On mine I had to do this before it would arm
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,172 Posts
Ok, ignorant question. Is this designed for two or three cell? Or both?

I have 450mAh 2S 25C already

460mAh 2S 25-40C and 370mAh 3S 25-40C Nanos are on order from HK.

Thanks
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Ok, ignorant question. Is this designed for two or three cell?

I have 450mAh 2S 25C already

460 2S 25-40C and 370 3S 25-40C Nanos are on order from HK.

Thanks
450-500mah 3s
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
A tale of two slickies
0gravity's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Quote : Stock esc was bad out of the box.
Did you try putting throttle trim ALL the way down to lowest setting. On mine I had to do this before it would arm
Yup. Checked 1st.
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
450-500mah 3s
That's what I thought but I also thought someone mentioned 2S. The 370s will have to work for now in until HK gets 450s back in. Or I will get some elsewhere.

Also, is the 6.8x3.5 prop an off-size? I am not sure if my LHSs will carry Edge parts. I found some GWS 7x3.5 today.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
That's what I thought but I also thought someone mentioned 2S. The 370s will have to work for now in until HK gets 450s back in. Or I will get some elsewhere.

Also, is the 6.8x3.5 prop an off-size? I am not sure if my LHSs will carry Edge parts. I found some GWS 7x3.5 today.
These are better than anything HK sells. Cheaper and they're in stock. Just don't buy them all up

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-3s1p.html
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
That's what I thought but I also thought someone mentioned 2S. The 370s will have to work for now in until HK gets 450s back in. Or I will get some elsewhere.

Also, is the 6.8x3.5 prop an off-size? I am not sure if my LHSs will carry Edge parts. I found some GWS 7x3.5 today.
I was thinking about getting those and just cutting .5 off the tip to make a 6.5x3.5. I might even try the 6x3x3 for slower high alpha flight. The only problem I can think of is the spinner.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic Afraidtoregister Electric Warbirds 1089 Nov 19, 2014 05:43 PM
Sold BNIB E-flite UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic AS3X (EFLU4850) plus EXTRAS peterswolf Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Sep 14, 2012 08:43 PM
For Sale E-Flite MSR X BNF Basic edition daign Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 01, 2012 09:59 PM
Sold Edge 540 3D ARF by E-Flite freirem Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 28, 2012 07:38 PM
Discussion A6M5 Zero 300 BNF Basic by E-flite BlazingStar Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 03, 2012 03:22 AM