SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:42 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
I just picked up this little Edge from Aeromicro in Santa Clara (for those that live in the SF Bay Area). They had a bunch of them, but I also saw about 3 or 4 sell in less than 1 hour.

Here's a photo of mine out of the box and ready to go. Unfortunately it's raining here for the next few days. :-(
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
I just picked up this little Edge from Aeromicro in Santa Clara (for those that live in the SF Bay Area). They had a bunch of them, but I also saw about 3 or 4 sell in less than 1 hour.

Here's a photo of mine out of the box and ready to go. Unfortunately it's raining here for the next few days. :-(
Fly in the rain! Put a plastic bag over the TX and you're good to go
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Wow, the plane in these photos looks even better than in the promo video!

Tom
Tomdomification is online now Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Unsubscribing and keeping my sanity.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I have to unsubscribe from this thread. Sean, email me with your impressions. I can't take the crazys anymore. By the end of he day someone will be trying to find out if it'll fly on a 1s 120 or a 3s2200....
Well if HH would just come out and say it accommodates a 450-? size battery then I would not be fishing for answers. But all they say is we suggest a 450mah but the compartment is bigger to allow you to use bigger batteries if you want.
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
The batteyr compartment is pretty big length and width wize. I have a TP 480 3s and it fits fine. They recommend that the battery be pushed all the way forward in the compartment to balance. I'm guessing a larger heavier battery can be slid back to find balance. I'm sticking with the recommended size to keep it light weight.

Here's a quick video to get your taste buds going...

E-Flight Edge 540 QQ 280 - Control Throw Demo (1 min 16 sec)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:03 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,140 Posts
Quote:
People just like to tinker,, don't give up on us yet!! :-)
Personally I'm thinking of trying a 850 mah 4S,,,,,,,, just kidding. :-O
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,036 Posts
Looks great Jason !.

BTW congrats with being an RCG member for Ten years !.

Pete Lane
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
249 Posts
Yummy
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
People just like to tinker,, don't give up on us yet!! :-)
Personally I'm thinking of trying a 850 mah 4S,,,,,,,, just kidding. :-O
Tinkering is great! It just helps to fly the plane a couple of times to see if it even needs tinkering. Wow I'm not liking how much the wing is moving on full deflection of the ailerons. I'm sure it's fine but it's not a confidence booster. How come you guys are so worried about batteries and other stuff but no one is taking the time to put their numbers on? LOL!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
To each his own but I can't understand why other people experimenting would drive you crazy? This is a hobby after all. Just because they want to experiment doesn't really have anything to do with you. Maybe I'm missing something.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post
Looks great Jason !.

BTW congrats with being an RCG member for Ten years !.

Pete Lane
Thanks Pete! I didn't realize it's been 10 years on RCG! I started this hobby when I was 13 - the year was 1994 and my first airplane was a Hanager 9 Das Ugly Stick .60 ARF. Things have sure changed over the 18 years - loving it!!!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Tinkering is great! It just helps to fly the plane a couple of times to see if it even needs tinkering. Wow I'm not liking how much the wing is moving on full deflection of the ailerons. I'm sure it's fine but it's not a confidence booster. How come you guys are so worried about batteries and other stuff but no one is taking the time to put their numbers on? LOL!
Hmmmmm!!!! Didn't notice my wing moving with full deflection of ailerons,, I'll have to check that out!!! As for numbers,, when I first set my plane up last night,, I put ole lucky number 24 on mine. :-)
And personally I like hearing about other people's experiments, don't think I would've tried 3S on my Zero and my Sbach, If I had'nt read about others trying it successfully. :-)
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Hmmmmm!!!! Didn't notice my wing moving with full deflection of ailerons,, I'll have to check that out!!! As for numbers,, when I first set my plane up last night,, I put ole lucky number 24 on mine. :-)
And personally I like hearing about other people's experiments, don't think I would've tried 3S on my Zero and my Sbach, If I had'nt read about others trying it successfully. :-)
Check out CrazyJ's video. They move a lot. I'm not worried about it effecting flying but the stress it could have long term. Hopefully full deflection isn't needed anyway. My point was nobody has really tried stock. So all this experimenting is all in the head and not productive. Fly it stock see if you like it and if not get the tools out or change the battery. That's all I was trying to say.
Last edited by FlyWW1; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Check out CrazyJ's video. They move a lot. I'm not worried about it effecting flying but the stress it could have long term. Hopefully full deflection isn't needed anyway. My point was nobody has really tried stock. So all this experimenting is all in the head and not productive. Fly it stock see if you like it and if not get the tools out or change the battery. That's all I was trying to say.
I see what your saying about wing moving with full deflection,, I noticed on mine if I moved ailerons slowly it didn't move wing as much,, I'm wondering if this is just from those huge ailerons moving so quickly and hopefully with air pressure over the wing it won't be an issue. So did anybody notice the little hatch marks on the side of the fuse right at back edge of ailerons?? I wonder if this is a reference point for setting ailerons at 0 undercamber??? And is it just me or is there a ever so slight amount of anhedral in these wings???
Hope the wind dies down some tommorow so I can get in a few good flights. :-)
My one 2 min flight in 25mph winds didn't give much of an idea of how this little guy flies
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Addition