SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Their three recent releases, the Edge QQ Mini Vapor and Sbach 3D have all been released with no delay and within a month and a half.
HUGE improvement! Well done!
I agree, and that is cool....

now I'm off this thread.....
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I believe this thread is in need to be replaced by an owners thread when people start getting theirs, to separate this from owners experiences.
Even though HH is actually doing a good job of releasing this in a timely manner(it seems)!!
+1
We've managed to get to page 58 without one of us actually owning this awesome little plane!
Still, lots of the information in this thread (especially earlier pages) is pretty interesting and helpful.
And although Aussie's don't usually get the same release dates, we still get to see everyone's awesome videos a bit earlier :-)

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Ok, I'll take a shot at this one, for what it's worth, though it will be hard as your posts reference long ago other posts, at times in partial only, and always without the benefit of the context around which the original posts were made. As such, I did not try to DIG UP the old posts, and will try to inject some examples from just the last couple pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
There are tons of good planes without AS3X, but for alot of people, the AS3X planes fly so well and are so convenient, they dont want to spend money on something else. Most people cant buy every great plane, but if you want a couple great flying micros, they'll go for the AS3X ones. If it was a crutch then flying a 100 inch wingspan plane is a crutch because its so large and stable
AS3X does a great job of limiting movement, rather than stopping it(except in the heading hold applications on helis). AS3X planes often still need a little trim, sometimes might still have a little coupling

You said,

using a gyro on a 100" wingspan plane is a crutch.

This COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying, though your post was obviously meant to somehow show him up or make yourself look smart. Kinda did neither there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or
Tell 'em anything to make a sale, yes, unfortunately.

We will see the day when you can buy a plane-in-the-box that will fly itself and the person will just point it to where they want it to go and the plane-in-the-box will do it all, including crash avoidance. Don't call these people pilots.

Personally I'd rather fly the plane myself. I want my skills. It's a lot more fun.

But I have nothing against AS3X. Things more complex than that are in fighter planes.

You Said

all fighter pilots that fly jets with fly-by-wire like the f16 and f22 are addicted to crutches! lets see them in a fokker triplane when they ground loop it. lol jk

REALLY! Have you flown an F16, F18, F22? Have you even talked to a military pilot that has? I have (the latter, not the former of course) and those guys and gals are AMAZING pilots, with skills SO FAR beyond us normal folks that it is utter NONSENSE to make the ludicrous statement you did. While you put the old "LOL jk" on the end to somehow make this blatantly foolish comment somehow "ok", it again completely MISSES the point that the original poster was making, and takes some kind of wild shot at others to somehow make you feel you look smart, again, not working ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
You should ask Quique if he thinks it's a crutch.

You Said:
to be completely honest, even if qq thought it was a crutch, as the designer of the plane and an employee of hh, he would never say so

Really, now you question his integrity and state patently he would sell out the same due to his employee status. Have you met him? Do you know him? On what basis do you cast this kind of aspirsion on his character? While I believe we all understand the generalization, or sterotyping of corporate shills, you are alluding to, I don't know that it is appropriate to ASSUME that it applies to any particular individual, unless of course you have access to some form of evidence to the same that others do not???? Again, probably made you think you were looking quite sage or wise, but in truth it speaks more to your own character than his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
LOL
This 540 is for sure a park flyer like the the Sbach
This aint no 60"

You Said:
comparing the sbach to the 540 is like comparing the 540 to the parkzone extra 300. all these are in different classes. an average pilot can fly the sbach indoors. the 540 will require a skilled pilot

Again, COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying. He did not say the 540 and Sbach were both INDOOR flyers nor that they required the same skill level to fly. (Though I would actually suggest it LOOKS like someone of intermediate to advanced skills could fly both in a park) What he said was that both were PARK flyers, and in that sense, the comparison is COMPLETELY accurate. Again, you are contradicting him to seem to want to make yourself look smart, despite the fact you are miss-representing his original post. In point of fact, however, it's not making you look smart, but doing completely the opposite sir/madame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification
I'm pretty sad! Due to the late release date up for this plane in Aus, I think I'm going to have to buy the UMX Sbach so I have something to fly for now! I probably would prefer this plane but the release date is too late:-(
Oh well, at least the batteries will probably be cheaper :-)

Tom

You Said:
why be sad? just order from a country outside of australia. use the internet!

Originally Posted by Tomdomification
Because then I'd be even sadder for having wasted about $50 on shipping just to get it in :-)

Tom

You Said:
hopefully nobody will get teary eye'd over my (hopefully) positive, semi-on-topic comment..........

that $50 is the premium you must pay to be "the cool guy" in australia! just like the guys that camp out to get an ipad must pay extra (time spent camping)

Again, you seem to feel the need to take a SHOT at someone. Tom (a very positive contributor on these forums and YouTube from my experience) simply posts that it's unfortunate that HH has been releasing their planes much later in AUS than elsewhere, so you feel the need to CORRECT him and point out he can order from another part of the world. He then points out it costs a considerable porition fo the cost of the plane itself EXTRA to do this, and of course that won't work for him as it is wasted money and you feel the need to CORRECT him again. You inject your own opinion that this is simply the cost of being the cool guy (don't believe he ever said anything about wanting to be the "cool guy" so you may be projecting here ...) You seem to have to have the last word, to correct others in ways that aren't really on topic, or are not in line with what they are even saying.

That combined with the fact that you have dug up topics that have been discussed and finished a long time ago, simply to inject your contrary or smart comments, but which are hard to place in context as the original posts / discussions were days and pages ago, and it ends up being a case of poor forum etiquite. (Forgive the spelling, it's getting late.)

Anyhow, you have the right to post what ever you want, but if you post in the manner you do don't expect others to take you seriously, or somehow be impressed or happy with it.

Regardless, all the best to you sir/madam,

Marlin
wow sorry marlin, u completely missed the tone of my comments.

i guess "jk lol" means nothing? i believe that f16/f22 pilots r OBVIOUSLY the best in the world and ALL modern fighter planes have "as3x" and my reference to the fokker triplane is that it was known as a widow maker and even the red baron didnt like to fly it.

i'm really perplexed about how anybody can get offended by my comment on being the cool guy (i thought being cool is cool?!) by spending some extra cash to have the latest and greatest thing FIRST before anybody else?!? am i missing something that getting the latest ipad before everybody else is not a cool (meaning a good thing)? it was all said in jest anyways as i'm sure he knows how to order things online. not understood how any reasonable person would think a JOKE about "just buy the plane. i know you wanna!" playful attitude would be taken out of context and think i was CORRECTING?!?! him how to be the first kid on the block with the cool new toy that nobody else can get for a month? or was trying to "trick" him into squandering his rent money? sheesh

as for comparing the sbach and the edge. yes, they are both parkflyers but the edge weighs 3 times as much for double the price and they also fly very differently. i stand by my comment that the sbach is an indoor/outdoor plane and the edge is mainly an outdoor plane

as for qq "selling out" sorry, i never stated anything to that effect. u mae a mountain out of a mole hill. it is REALITY that designers/engineers are constantly at odds with the accounting dept. especially for a major corporation. if the designers could do whatever they wanted to do, everything would cost 20x as much as they do. so everything must be done under a BUDGET. that is simple business/manufacturing/economics. everything is a compromise. i bet if qq could, the edge would be made completely of very thin, hollow molded carbon fiber and he would love to "give it away" for $100!
ever hear of an engineer saying u can have 1.high performance 2. high durability or 3. low cost? PICK 2. something high performance that last forever will cost a fortune. something cheap that is high performance won't last ....etc?
fyi - i own a couple of qq designed planes and I LOVE THEM. why do you think i'm on this thread? no, seriously. no! i said seriously! obviously i like this plane. any other thought is just ridiculous.

i deliberately went over the top with "using as3x on a super stable 100" plane is a crutch as i thought it wouldn't offend anybody, like i would think that nobody would disagree that wearing 100 life jackets is ridiculous. i'm pretty sure nobody that flies giant scale uses as3x. just like qq only designed ultra micros to use as3x and he believes that it is not needed on this plane and that the target demographic also doesn't want it

as for digging up old topics I'M SORRY! i'm sorry that people can get so upset for bring up topics that were 2 weeks old. like i said I ONLY READ THIS THREAD TODAY and i read the whole thing thru in 1 go. i'm sorry that i was so selfish to think that what was so fresh in my head would be so taboo to talk about
for the original poster. i know that people get upset when noobs ask questions and the so called veterans just say "read the whole thread." are us noobs only supposed to read the old ( 2 -3 week) comments and not comment about it? is it because i commented on topics that were controversial at the time or is that nothing past an arbitrary date of 2 weeks cannot be comment on? THE PLANE ISN'T EVEN OUT YET! sorry about my "contrary" comments but, my comments were about polarized topics so either way 1 half or the other is bound to disagree. i'm also sorry that my comments appear to be "smart." not really sure what that means. i'm just trying to comment in a more colorful, clever and witty way in a humorous manner that has obviously failed. in "real life" i am able to confer inflections and body language as a means to indicate my non serious way of speaking. sorry that my tone is lost in typing.

i am not here to change anybody's dogma nor am i here to make any friends (or enemies). if u don't like what i write, so be it. i only type the truth and try to do it in a (failed) friendly manner. it may not be obvious but i am really holding back by negative comments as i do believe there is some human garbage on this site (haha yes, i know u don't like me). not sure why u personally got so upset as i never even conversed with u. was it because i openly stated what you commented about but with a lighter filter (micro vs ultra micro?) did u get mad because ppl got mad about my comment which was also your opinion?

sorry, but your comments about my comments about your comments is trolling. your comment was written as a personal attack without provocation. i already agreed with another member that i would edit some of my comments but u felt a need to join in.

i am only here to exchange information. to educate and be educated. my only comments were about other peoples comments. like this comment, it is merely a reply to your comment. i never started anything.

i hope you can actually read this without the lynch mob mentality of some of the ppl here as u completely missed what i wrote, especially your qq comments were way way way off base

have a good night and don't get caught in the crossfire
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Last edited by MRrcRC; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:20 AM View Post
MRrcRC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
unsubscribed from this thread

now I don't have to read the bull crap from a brand new member jumping on older post from fellow friends on here to look like he is smart and not even following the original conversations
thank you
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
@Fish99 Thank you!

Ps. Is there a way to like/thank comments on RC groups like there is on some other forums?
whoa! i didn't mean to upset you about by JOKING about a way to get a new plane before everybody else. i thought my comment about paying some extra money to be the first kid on the block with the new cool toy was akin to other people joking about "not telling the wife about buying a new plane" or "i'm going to open my xmas present early." i know that those aren't really serious as nobody wants to go behind their wife's back or ruin xmas or anything like that. when somebody says they have "too many projects" and "no room" and another JOKES that they should "give a plane away" or "crash 1 to make room," those are taken in jest right?
obviously i know that you can buy a plane from anywhere in the world on the internet and yes, it will cost money but, me saying be "cool" and just buy it anyways because i know u wanna is just friendly banter. i too want to buy this plane when it comes out and i also can't wait and i know i shouldnt spend the cash but i wouldn't freak out if somebody told me to just buy it and have some fun. i wouldn't think that somebody was purposefully trying to "con" me into squandering by grocery money so they can laugh at me while i starve.

i am really concerned with the total lack of humor and some common sense around here.
didnt know that this was an old "members only/boys club"
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:51 AM View Post
MRrcRC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRrcRC View Post
whoa! i didn't mean to upset you about by JOKING about a way to get a new plane before everybody else. i thought my comment about paying some extra money to be the first kid on the block with the new cool toy was akin to other people joking about "not telling the wife about buying a new plane" or "i'm going to open my xmas present early." i know that those aren't really serious as nobody wants to go behind their wife's back or ruin xmas or anything like that. when somebody says they have "too many projects" and "no room" and another JOKES that they should "give a plane away" or "crash 1 to make room," those are taken in jest right?
obviously i know that you can buy a plane from anywhere in the world on the internet and yes, it will cost money but, me saying be "cool" and just buy it anyways because i know u wanna is just friendly banter. i too want to buy this plane when it comes out and i also can't wait and i know i shouldnt spend the cash but i wouldn't freak out if somebody told me to just buy it and have some fun. i wouldn't think that somebody was purposefully trying to "con" me into squandering by grocery money so they can laugh at me while i starve.

i am really concerned with the total lack of humor and some common sense around here.
didnt know that this was an old "members only/boys club"
I don't think that many of us are in the hobby to be cool but to have fun and enjoy the wonderful freedom of RC flight :-)
Anyway, I was thanking Marlin for his whole comment, not just the bit about me.

Tom
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
I don't think that many of us are in the hobby to be cool but to have fun and enjoy the wonderful freedom of RC flight :-)
Anyway, I was thanking Marlin for his whole comment, not just the bit about me.

Tom

ok but did u seriously get offended about my comment on how to be the "cool guy" with the new toy?
did u read my rebuttal of marlins ATTACK?
do you really agree with everything he said and agree that everything i wrote was a lie or a form of conspiracy to be "smart"

if i write kwel instead of cool would u understand that better? i'm in the same boat as u. do u think i fly rc planes to be cool to pick up all the ladies? lol admit it....to us rc nerds, having the latest and greatest plane that nobody else could get for a month would make us kwel to other rc guys. what would happen if u showed up at your local field with the edge? i bet all the other pilots would be drooling over it and u would have the biggest smile on your face! like it or not, u would be the kwel guy with the kwel new toy!
Last edited by MRrcRC; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRrcRC View Post
ok but did u seriously get offended about my comment on how to be the "cool guy" with the new toy?
did u read my rebuttal of marlins ATTACK?
do you really agree with everything he said and agree that everything i wrote was a lie or a form of conspiracy to be "smart"

if i write kwel instead of cool would u understand that better? i'm in the same boat as u. do u think i fly rc planes to be cool to pick up all the ladies? lol admit it....to us rc nerds, having the latest and greatest plane that nobody else could get for a month would make us kwel to other rc guys. what would happen if u showed up at your local field with the edge? i bet all the other pilots would be drooling over it and u would have the biggest smile on your face! like it or not, u would be the kwel guy with the kwel new toy!
I'm sorry but I find your posts to be hard to read and understand. I'm not sure what kwel is (another word for cool?) and, being only fourteen, I'm not worried about being "kwel"around other RC pilots. I was trying to get the plane earlier so I had something to fly away from the club, not to make other people jealous .
And no, I didn't get seriously offended about your comments towards me but I did agree with Marlins comment (which wasn't really an attack considering you asked us to find where you went off-topic).
Anyway, sorry to fill this thread with off-topic rubbish guys.

Tom
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:38 AM
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Woow... Waking up this morning and seeing (after 2 days without visiting this thread) that 3 (or 4..!) new pages had been filled in this thread, I really thought that you guys did get this Edge QQ before the the announced release date and you were already having fun with her..

Unfortunately, english is not my mother tongue and it was kinda hard for me to understand all the previous comments (I know, if I'm not happy with this I just get to go on french forums !)... Plus I'm only 42 posts old.. so I might just sut my m... and wait for new comments on this aircraft to be posted..
But I just wanted to say that really wish you guys get this bird soon so that I can see pictures and comments anfd feelings about its flying characteristics (not sure about the speeling) and so many other things so that it can tease me a bit as, here, this Edge won't be available before the beginning of December..

Sorry if I was off topic... I was just surprised after reading this all...
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,685 Posts
5 posts in a row by one user.... two is to many. If you want to discuss multiple items do it in one post, also when someone writes a long post and you want to quote it please don't just quote the whole post, trim it and leave only the pertinent text. If you realize that you forgot something there is an edit button.

This is all I am going to say on this thread until my 540QQ arrives (tomorrow hopefully!!):
Remember before you wrestle with an A-hole; Even if you win you still smell like sh*t.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:28 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
There will be an owners thread so you don't really have to worry about wading through these last few pages of useless off topic trolling.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,622 Posts
Why hasn't HH announced if I'm Unique yet? I thought they would let us know if we are unique at midnight.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:35 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I must have taken the last two!! Sorry
Nope, I wanted the 35C Zippy's. I also ordered some of the 2S 260mah 35C Nano's for the Sbach. Neither of which were in the US warehouse.

Quote:
if you get lipos from HK INTL and send em registered mail they go through switzerland first and
mine have tended to take 3+ weeks --- you can track your package that starts with R...
Thanks for the heads up Tim. I did end up choosing the Intl Registered Mail so I could be in for quite a wait. On the other hand, I have bought 2 Tx's and 9 planes since July so the new Edge might have to wait a little while. There comes a point when you must admit you have a problem and seek help.
ForsheeMS is online now Find More Posts by ForsheeMS