SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
You piled every single off-topic comment throughout the thread and responded to them all, even though some were a couple weeks old, you are thus re-starting off-topic conversations that are already over, and little things like "edfs arent jets" and "its not a micro its ultra micro."

I will stop adding fuel to fire and stop responding to this, two pages of this is enough for history, we are both too stubborn to give any ground.
dropped
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Lulz exactly. Trolls love to eat. Bla I will fly stock and not remove stuff unless needed.

J
i'm not gonna feed
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:45 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
As i said, before you edited the above post, im dropping the whole thing, any more banter is useless, no matter who's wrong or who's right.
Dropped.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Last edited by airpower; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Wasn't the AS3X "Learn to Fly" conversation like 3 weeks ago or something? I should know cause I started it. I though we had all moved on from that?
please stop trolling

you are the 1 that brought that up

YOU do not speak for US.
Last edited by MRrcRC; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: 3 weeks old is just the same as today on the internet. especially since the plane isn't even out yet
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
As i said, im dropping the whole thing, any more banter is useless, no matter who's wrong or who's right.
Dropped.
please stop! none of my posts are meant for you! i'm trying to ignore u. please ignore me

dropped
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:13 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRrcRC View Post
i am extremely confident in my own abilities and thus need no ego boosting. a negative comment on a negative comment is actually a positive comment. if somebody says drinking bleach is good for u and i say no it isn't! my negative reaction is a positive comment (unless you're the guy telling people to drink bleach)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me where i went off topic where my comment wasn't A REPLY to something off topic that ANOTHER MEMBER STARTED.

I WILL EDIT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

i repeat . please quote it and i will EDIT IT!!!!!!

if u can't point it out then i'm sorry but i can't say this in a nice way..... u r trolling
Ok, I'll take a shot at this one, for what it's worth, though it will be hard as your posts reference long ago other posts, at times in partial only, and always without the benefit of the context around which the original posts were made. As such, I did not try to DIG UP the old posts, and will try to inject some examples from just the last couple pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
There are tons of good planes without AS3X, but for alot of people, the AS3X planes fly so well and are so convenient, they dont want to spend money on something else. Most people cant buy every great plane, but if you want a couple great flying micros, they'll go for the AS3X ones. If it was a crutch then flying a 100 inch wingspan plane is a crutch because its so large and stable
AS3X does a great job of limiting movement, rather than stopping it(except in the heading hold applications on helis). AS3X planes often still need a little trim, sometimes might still have a little coupling

You said,

using a gyro on a 100" wingspan plane is a crutch.

This COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying, though your post was obviously meant to somehow show him up or make yourself look smart. Kinda did neither there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or
Tell 'em anything to make a sale, yes, unfortunately.

We will see the day when you can buy a plane-in-the-box that will fly itself and the person will just point it to where they want it to go and the plane-in-the-box will do it all, including crash avoidance. Don't call these people pilots.

Personally I'd rather fly the plane myself. I want my skills. It's a lot more fun.

But I have nothing against AS3X. Things more complex than that are in fighter planes.

You Said

all fighter pilots that fly jets with fly-by-wire like the f16 and f22 are addicted to crutches! lets see them in a fokker triplane when they ground loop it. lol jk

REALLY! Have you flown an F16, F18, F22? Have you even talked to a military pilot that has? I have (the latter, not the former of course) and those guys and gals are AMAZING pilots, with skills SO FAR beyond us normal folks that it is utter NONSENSE to make the ludicrous statement you did. While you put the old "LOL jk" on the end to somehow make this blatantly foolish comment somehow "ok", it again completely MISSES the point that the original poster was making, and takes some kind of wild shot at others to somehow make you feel you look smart, again, not working ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
You should ask Quique if he thinks it's a crutch.

You Said:
to be completely honest, even if qq thought it was a crutch, as the designer of the plane and an employee of hh, he would never say so

Really, now you question his integrity and state patently he would sell out the same due to his employee status. Have you met him? Do you know him? On what basis do you cast this kind of aspirsion on his character? While I believe we all understand the generalization, or sterotyping of corporate shills, you are alluding to, I don't know that it is appropriate to ASSUME that it applies to any particular individual, unless of course you have access to some form of evidence to the same that others do not???? Again, probably made you think you were looking quite sage or wise, but in truth it speaks more to your own character than his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
LOL
This 540 is for sure a park flyer like the the Sbach
This aint no 60"

You Said:
comparing the sbach to the 540 is like comparing the 540 to the parkzone extra 300. all these are in different classes. an average pilot can fly the sbach indoors. the 540 will require a skilled pilot

Again, COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying. He did not say the 540 and Sbach were both INDOOR flyers nor that they required the same skill level to fly. (Though I would actually suggest it LOOKS like someone of intermediate to advanced skills could fly both in a park) What he said was that both were PARK flyers, and in that sense, the comparison is COMPLETELY accurate. Again, you are contradicting him to seem to want to make yourself look smart, despite the fact you are miss-representing his original post. In point of fact, however, it's not making you look smart, but doing completely the opposite sir/madame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification
I'm pretty sad! Due to the late release date up for this plane in Aus, I think I'm going to have to buy the UMX Sbach so I have something to fly for now! I probably would prefer this plane but the release date is too late:-(
Oh well, at least the batteries will probably be cheaper :-)

Tom

You Said:
why be sad? just order from a country outside of australia. use the internet!

Because then I'd be even sadder for having wasted about $50 on shipping just to get it in :-)

Tom

You Said:
hopefully nobody will get teary eye'd over my (hopefully) positive, semi-on-topic comment..........

that $50 is the premium you must pay to be "the cool guy" in australia! just like the guys that camp out to get an ipad must pay extra (time spent camping)

Again, you seem to feel the need to take a SHOT at someone. Tom (a very positive contributor on these forums and YouTube from my experience) simply posts that it's unfortunate that HH has been releasing their planes much later in AUS than elsewhere, so you feel the need to CORRECT him and point out he can order from another part of the world. He then points out it costs a considerable porition fo the cost of the plane itself EXTRA to do this, and of course that won't work for him as it is wasted money and you feel the need to CORRECT him again. You inject your own opinion that this is simply the cost of being the cool guy (don't believe he ever said anything about wanting to be the "cool guy" so you may be projecting here ...) You seem to have to have the last word, to correct others in ways that aren't really on topic, or are not in line with what they are even saying.

That combined with the fact that you have dug up topics that have been discussed and finished a long time ago, simply to inject your contrary or smart comments, but which are hard to place in context as the original posts / discussions were days and pages ago, and it ends up being a case of poor forum etiquite. (Forgive the spelling, it's getting late.)

Anyhow, you have the right to post what ever you want, but if you post in the manner you do don't expect others to take you seriously, or somehow be impressed or happy with it.

Regardless, all the best to you sir/madam,

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Way late to the game pal
Not even what was talked about, and way out of context
sorry that my comment is late. but i do believe my comment about size is totally in context as i believe as a lot of others here that the sbach and 540 are not in the same class just as the 540 is not in the same class as the parkzone extra 300

so is it a "rule" that people can't comment on things that are older than 2 weeks?

good to know
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
@Fish99 Thank you!

Ps. Is there a way to like/thank comments on RC groups like there is on some other forums?
Tomdomification is online now Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:36 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
I believe this thread is in need to be replaced by an owners thread when people start getting theirs, to separate this from owners experiences.
Even though HH is actually doing a good job of releasing this in a timely manner(it seems)!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Chesapeake, Va.
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Well done Fish99, well done. Back to the topic at hand, tomorrow might be "that" (lucky) day for some. Let us know!
MeSE-Rious#6 is online now Find More Posts by MeSE-Rious#6
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRrcRC View Post
sorry that my comment is late. but i do believe my comment about size is totally in context as i believe as a lot of others here that the sbach and 540 are not in the same class just as the 540 is not in the same class as the parkzone extra 300

so is it a "rule" that people can't comment on things that are older than 2 weeks?

good to know
AGAIN!
you keep posting crap and don't even follow the real conversations in this thread!
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Last edited by brushless55; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Ok, I'll take a shot at this one, for what it's worth, though it will be hard as your posts reference long ago other posts, at times in partial only, and always without the benefit of the context around which the original posts were made. As such, I did not try to DIG UP the old posts, and will try to inject some examples from just the last couple pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
There are tons of good planes without AS3X, but for alot of people, the AS3X planes fly so well and are so convenient, they dont want to spend money on something else. Most people cant buy every great plane, but if you want a couple great flying micros, they'll go for the AS3X ones. If it was a crutch then flying a 100 inch wingspan plane is a crutch because its so large and stable
AS3X does a great job of limiting movement, rather than stopping it(except in the heading hold applications on helis). AS3X planes often still need a little trim, sometimes might still have a little coupling

You said,

using a gyro on a 100" wingspan plane is a crutch.

This COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying, though your post was obviously meant to somehow show him up or make yourself look smart. Kinda did neither there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or
Tell 'em anything to make a sale, yes, unfortunately.

We will see the day when you can buy a plane-in-the-box that will fly itself and the person will just point it to where they want it to go and the plane-in-the-box will do it all, including crash avoidance. Don't call these people pilots.

Personally I'd rather fly the plane myself. I want my skills. It's a lot more fun.

But I have nothing against AS3X. Things more complex than that are in fighter planes.

You Said

all fighter pilots that fly jets with fly-by-wire like the f16 and f22 are addicted to crutches! lets see them in a fokker triplane when they ground loop it. lol jk

REALLY! Have you flown an F16, F18, F22? Have you even talked to a military pilot that has? I have (the latter, not the former of course) and those guys and gals are AMAZING pilots, with skills SO FAR beyond us normal folks that it is utter NONSENSE to make the ludicrous statement you did. While you put the old "LOL jk" on the end to somehow make this blatantly foolish comment somehow "ok", it again completely MISSES the point that the original poster was making, and takes some kind of wild shot at others to somehow make you feel you look smart, again, not working ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
You should ask Quique if he thinks it's a crutch.

You Said:
to be completely honest, even if qq thought it was a crutch, as the designer of the plane and an employee of hh, he would never say so

Really, now you question his integrity and state patently he would sell out the same due to his employee status. Have you met him? Do you know him? On what basis do you cast this kind of aspirsion on his character? While I believe we all understand the generalization, or sterotyping of corporate shills, you are alluding to, I don't know that it is appropriate to ASSUME that it applies to any particular individual, unless of course you have access to some form of evidence to the same that others do not???? Again, probably made you think you were looking quite sage or wise, but in truth it speaks more to your own character than his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
LOL
This 540 is for sure a park flyer like the the Sbach
This aint no 60"

You Said:
comparing the sbach to the 540 is like comparing the 540 to the parkzone extra 300. all these are in different classes. an average pilot can fly the sbach indoors. the 540 will require a skilled pilot

Again, COMPLETELY missed the point of what he was saying. He did not say the 540 and Sbach were both INDOOR flyers nor that they required the same skill level to fly. (Though I would actually suggest it LOOKS like someone of intermediate to advanced skills could fly both in a park) What he said was that both were PARK flyers, and in that sense, the comparison is COMPLETELY accurate. Again, you are contradicting him to seem to want to make yourself look smart, despite the fact you are miss-representing his original post. In point of fact, however, it's not making you look smart, but doing completely the opposite sir/madame.

Quote:
I'm pretty sad! Due to the late release date up for this plane in Aus, I think I'm going to have to buy the UMX Sbach so I have something to fly for now! I probably would prefer this plane but the release date is too late:-(
Oh well, at least the batteries will probably be cheaper :-)

Tom

You Said:
why be sad? just order from a country outside of australia. use the internet!

Because then I'd be even sadder for having wasted about $50 on shipping just to get it in :-)

Tom

You Said:
hopefully nobody will get teary eye'd over my (hopefully) positive, semi-on-topic comment..........

that $50 is the premium you must pay to be "the cool guy" in australia! just like the guys that camp out to get an ipad must pay extra (time spent camping)

Again, you seem to feel the need to take a SHOT at someone. Tom (a very positive contributor on these forums and YouTube from my experience) simply posts that it's unfortunate that HH has been releasing their planes much later in AUS than elsewhere, so you feel the need to CORRECT him and point out he can order from another part of the world. He then points out it costs a considerable porition fo the cost of the plane itself EXTRA to do this, and of course that won't work for him as it is wasted money and you feel the need to CORRECT him again. You inject your own opinion that this is simply the cost of being the cool guy (don't believe he ever said anything about wanting to be the "cool guy" so you may be projecting here ...) You seem to have to have the last word, to correct others in ways that aren't really on topic, or are not in line with what they are even saying.

That combined with the fact that you have dug up topics that have been discussed and finished a long time ago, simply to inject your contrary or smart comments, but which are hard to place in context as the original posts / discussions were days and pages ago, and it ends up being a case of poor forum etiquite. (Forgive the spelling, it's getting late.)

Anyhow, you have the right to post what ever you want, but if you post in the manner you do don't expect others to take you seriously, or somehow be impressed or happy with it.

Regardless, all the best to you sir/madam,

Marlin
I don't know you bro, but thank you very much for this post
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,523 Posts
Quote:
I believe this thread is in need to be replaced by an owners thread when people start getting theirs, to separate this from owners experiences.
Even though HH is actually doing a good job of releasing this in a timely manner(it seems)!!
Agreed
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:51 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Their three recent releases, the Edge QQ Mini Vapor and Sbach 3D have all been released with no delay and within a month and a half.
HUGE improvement! Well done!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,523 Posts
unsubscribed from this thread

now I don't have to read the bull crap from a brand new member jumping on older post from fellow friends on here to look like he is smart and not even following the original conversations