HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:39 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
today, I was out with my new Visionaire. She feels like a "truck" at the sticks when you flow the Edge before
Yes, the Edge flies and seems like bigger planes- after bad QC issues and checked all things this plane is fine and really a shooter in this model size (without As3X).
One friend in our meadows asked me while I flow my Edge " Is this a new model and have this also As3X stabilization ?"
First YES and second NO !!!
-
continious saying "we need a Beast"

Bring one THE BEAST!!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,190 Posts
Quote:
today, I was out with my new Visionaire. She feels like a "truck" at the sticks when you flow the Edge before
Yes, the Edge flies and seems like bigger planes- after bad QC issues and checked all things this plane is fine and really a shooter in this model size (without As3X).
One friend in our meadows asked me while I flow my Edge " Is this a new model and have this also As3X stabilization ?"
First YES and second NO !!!
-
continious saying "we need a Beast"
My 3DHS Slick 51 with massive throws feels like a "truck" compared to the 540QQ!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:59 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I'm pretty bummed. I am moving this week, so I disassembled my 540, and upon trying to unplug the servo wire from the y harness, the servo wire ripped off. I had so much resistance getting them off it was near impossible. So much for easy storage

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:37 PM
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
88 Posts
Erkq,
Exactly Maybe after some "fun for me" sport flying, some day i'll be quick enough on the sticks to move up to a 3S!
Hopefully this bird will come back in stock though
fstop is offline Find More Posts by fstop
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:39 AM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,160 Posts
CRASH before maiden!!

I watched in horror as my little foam wonder was taken away by the wind and cartwheeled across the asphalt.
. I had to repair every corner and glue the vertical stab back on.. a couple swipes of colored sharpies and one can hardly tell.

As far as flying.. best RTF ever!!

Here are some points..

Best roll rate of any 3D plane I have seen!.. cleaned up with some differential by plugging the ailerons into two ports (ail/aux), and adjusting as needed.

Plenty of power, stock prop or GWS, does not matter, as long as you have a fresh battery. I use GWS.

Very forgiving in harrier.. will not bite you with any amount of elevator deflection, but one will need to maintain a "sweet spot" to reduce wing rock.

Loves a light nose in calmer conditions.. the TP 325 mah battery pushed back makes it easy to float around. I can walk with it in a harrier.. Flying indoors would be easy.

The BEC is a little weak for four digital servos.. needs plenty of cooling, so I hogged out the inside for more space and airflow.

The spinner is an $8 mistake that will crack and cause vibration if you look at it wrong. Perhaps one of those UM foam spinners could work better.
I can live without one.

It flew OK in 15-25 mph winds.. saw a backwards landing, backwards rolls in the air, and zero rollout takeoffs. Just be ready to pick it up before the wind does..

Conclusion.. A killer little plane with great control authority, servo accuracy, and throttle response. Almost as forgiving as a flat foamy with better looks and reflexes. Crowd/pilot pleaser!
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:11 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Mike,

Totally agree.

Killer plane!

She never stays home when I go to the field.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:36 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
896 Posts
Yes....she is ! After loading the QQ Setup she is really a killer machine and perfect in KE and 4point rolls. This setup with mixes is very impressed.
-
Now, QQ should do what we are all looking for- create a Beast in this size. He has to create this after thousand people cry.
Every day I hope to find a thread or a link where Horizon announces this new rocket !!!
Please......
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:44 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
896 Posts
Fellows....I use the three position flightlevel switch with the "QQ setup file" now. In my opinion the 0 level is perfect for Aerobatics, 1 is smoother than 0 and 2 is for 3D perfect.
I want the longer switch (Gear) for my flightlevel setup because handling is easier during flight and I only use two flightlevel (0 and 2).
It is possible to change switch and set all values from 0 and 2 on this switch ?
What do you mean ?....I don't know why QQ have two level for common aerobatics- where is the benefit from the smoother 1 level ???
I fly in both levels and can't figured out a difference except the 1 is a little bit smoother than 0
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:38 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Fellows....I use the three position flightlevel switch with the "QQ setup file" now. In my opinion the 0 level is perfect for Aerobatics, 1 is smoother than 0 and 2 is for 3D perfect.
I want the longer switch (Gear) for my flightlevel setup because handling is easier during flight and I only use two flightlevel (0 and 2).
It is possible to change switch and set all values from 0 and 2 on this switch ?
What do you mean ?....I don't know why QQ have two level for common aerobatics- where is the benefit from the smoother 1 level ???
I fly in both levels and can't figured out a difference except the 1 is a little bit smoother than 0
IIRC the 3 rates are landing, scale aerobatics, and 3D rate. You'd want different rates for each of the above types of flying.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:34 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,791 Posts
I flew mine in 20-30 today, had fun surfing the wind!! Put four packs through it, all nicey nice, then grabbed the cam for the last pack and of course splat.. Had to duck too. haha

No damage, but my fingers were going numb so I called it a day

edgewind (0 min 39 sec)
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:45 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Nice TR!

Those are the conditions that I bring out my 3S powered Beast 3D.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:44 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,181 Posts
Oh no

I fear HH will see your video and decide (for us) that we need a V2 E540QQ 280 AS3X

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
999 Posts
The larger VisionAire with the AS3X has been getting rave reviews.
I am waiting for a 3D plane in this size with AS3X.
It's just a matter of time.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:30 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,035 Posts
Love both my Visionaire and the 540qq -- flew them both today. To me, the plane I'd give my eye teeth for is a Beast that was sized smack dab in-between those two planes in size, with AS3X included for sure. And wheel pants that are just like the current Edge or Stinson -- seemingly magic wheel pants that manage to look pretty good but somehow still work well on our nasty pock marked grass and dirt field, without getting hung up or broken all the time. People are often shocked and amused when they see me taxi the little Green Machine right out the taxiway, line up on the center-line, and hold it on the runway for a long take off run, just like the 'big boy' planes. So many planes the size of the 540qq seem to be fit for hand launch only!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
The larger VisionAire with the AS3X has been getting rave reviews.
I am waiting for a 3D plane in this size with AS3X.
It's just a matter of time.
I'm not fussy!
Would love a Beast in this scale or visionaire scale, with or without AS3X:
I keep checking the horizon site periodically just hoping to see said plane
Loving my 540qq , must have 100 flights on it with no major issues
Tail gear fell on on a grass landing, 5min epoxy and its all good!
Made some SFG's from scrap foam, they seem to be working nicely
Cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration