BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
651 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
So HH sent me a new ESC to supposedly solve this problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBFFrD8Vv8
I replaced it but the problem is still occurring. HH told me they can't help me any further until I buy an E-flite battery to test it with, because they think the battery may have too low of a C rating. I'm using a Gforce 500mah 30c battery.

So, do you think that my battery is the problem or something else in the airplane? If you do think it's the battery, what would you suggest I get?
You most likely have a bad solder joint in your motor wires. Mine had a similar issue. Try doing the same thing while jiggling the wires around and see what happens. Take the prop of first (and then throw it away... That thing is insanely warped)
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:08 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser View Post
You most likely have a bad solder joint in your motor wires. Mine had a similar issue. Try doing the same thing while jiggling the wires around and see what happens. Take the prop of first (and then throw it away... That thing is insanely warped)
Man are you my long lost twin brother or something??

I said almost the exact same thing...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Three days ago Turnerm said:
You most likely have a bad solder joint in your motor wires. Mine had a similar issue. Try doing the same thing while jiggling the wires around and see what happens. Take the prop of first (and then throw it away... That thing is insanely warped).

I agree also, that makes it unanimous.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
So HH sent me a new ESC to supposedly solve this problem:
I replaced it but the problem is still occurring. HH told me they can't help me any further until I buy an E-flite battery to test it with, because they think the battery may have too low of a C rating. I'm using a Gforce 500mah 30c battery.
So, do you think that my battery is the problem or something else in the airplane? If you do think it's the battery, what would you suggest I get?
You most likely have a bad solder joint in your motor wires. Somebody else had a similar issue. Try doing the same thing while jiggling the wires around and see what happens. Take the prop off first (and then throw it away... That thing is insanely warped)
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:46 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,487 Posts
Have you checked your wires yet?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:16 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Why didn't I think of that?? LOL!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:35 AM
I've reached my critical AoA
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Could be those colored things that connect to the motor...the...what are those? Oh yeah, the WIRES!
G-Man is offline Find More Posts by G-Man
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:51 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,288 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Man are you my long lost twin brother or something??

I said almost the exact same thing...
lol you both misspelled "off" saying take the prop "of"

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:57 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
lol you both misspelled "off" saying take the prop "of"
-Brian
You're not 'sposed to notice.

It's like when someone farts in an elevator.........

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:23 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I absolutely agree with you Tracknoob, unfortunately HH is quickly moving from bind and fly models to fix/check and fly. Used to be nice to pick up one of their planes check control surfaces and go fly. That era is coming to end in my opinion.
Even so, I love my 540QQ! With a 7040 it screams skyward in vertical. With long arms and 150% throws it then gets completely twisted up in a tumble. Then into a violent blender that ends in a flat spin so tight and fast that it doesn't loose altitude. I think I could even make it climb with some practice! Then is slows to walking speed for landing.

A guy walking out to the field during this show said, "Well, I'm impressed". And then, when he saw the plane, "That's it?? I thought it was a much bigger plane!"

This thing is a blast! And, there's not that much money to loose if you mess up.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:38 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
True, they fly great once you get everything sorted out. I just get tired of fixing things before I fly them. I got the differential on my dialed in, it rolls like lightning!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
True, they fly great once you get everything sorted out. I just get tired of fixing things before I fly them. I got the differential on my dialed in, it rolls like lightning!
I know it is luck of the draw, and that's your point. Too many people have to fix things before the first flight. But for me, I just put on a good prop and long arms, neither of which were required, but they both are a good upgrades.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:01 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,423 Posts
Thanks Pug.
I needed that!
r not.

E,

Just heading out the door with my EQQ & 3SB3D combo.
Spring like day around here.

To me, the EQQ is an awesome combo of size and function.
Love the power!
Love the insane aerobatics!
She flies big yet small.

I love the AS3X system in my Beast.
Happy that my EQQ doesn't have it.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Happy that my EQQ doesn't have it.

rc
Yeah... I think I am too. I think it's big enough to not need it. I have flow it in winds strong enough to make my eyes water behind glasses. It wasn't particularly fun, but easily doable.

But, still... I'd be curious. Anyone know of a BB MG 3.5g servo that would hold up to AS3X duty? I been lookin'!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:00 PM
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Apr 2008
7 Posts
Made some Extensions for the rear Servos. Now full deflection.
Name: Servoarm.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 55.9 KB
Description:
Dappaman is offline Find More Posts by Dappaman