HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:49 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
think first of all we should have the Edge in our hands- I think the motor and ESC will fit perfect, maybe the prop could be modified...
Important would be that the lipo packs are light weight
-
The description of the Edge says that the plane has removable wings for better transport--- I assume the Edge will and can stay in her box during transport like the UMX models..isn't it ?

my guess is wings will have to removed to use box--but not landing gear

horizon can use a smaller box by having removable wings.

the manual talks about how to install the wings for first flight--and shows
a diagram of the box contents of the fuselage separate from wing tube and wings on page 3.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Last edited by flyrtim; Nov 09, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:38 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
think first of all we should have the Edge in our hands- I think the motor and ESC will fit perfect, maybe the prop could be modified...
Important would be that the lipo packs are light weight
-
The description of the Edge says that the plane has removable wings for better transport--- I assume the Edge will and can stay in her box during transport like the UMX models..isn't it ?
Nope. The box is NOT like the UMX models. The assembled airplane does not fit back into the box. You will need to remove the wings to put the Edge back in.

For all of you second-guessing the power system, that's a little like telling the maestro his violin is out of tune before you have even arrived at the concert hall. The video airplane used the stock power system with the recommended battery (our videos always do), and I don't think it showed any available power problems. It's a hobby, so some of you are naturally going to tinker, but for the rest of us understand that Quique spends a LOT of time fine-tuning the power systems in his airplanes. You can be confident the system he has designed is going to perform.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:42 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Nope. The box is NOT like the UMX models. The assembled airplane does not fit back into the box. You will need to remove the wings to put the Edge back in.

For all of you second-guessing the power system, that's a little like telling the maestro his violin is out of tune before you have even arrived at the concert hall. The video airplane used the stock power system with the recommended battery (our videos always do), and I don't think it showed any available power problems. It's a hobby, so some of you are naturally going to tinker, but for the rest of us understand that Quique spends a LOT of time fine-tuning the power systems in his airplanes. You can be confident the system he has designed is going to perform.
Well said Dave

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:

Hey Dave,

Are you saying as long as we take the wings off it will fit in the box tail feathers and all? Thanks!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Oh no!! This is not what I wanted to hear. It's so nice to transport these planes in the box to avoid dinging them up. I was really wanting this one but not so sure now. I know it might sound silly but this could be a deal breaker for me.
ForsheeMS is online now Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I have a feeling it will be very fast right from the get go, probably no need for more power. I'm not 2nd guessing the performance, in fact it might be too much for me, it would be nice to tone it down and make it lighter for some of us, judging by the vid this thing looks insane!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Oh no!! This is not what I wanted to hear. It's so nice to transport these planes in the box to avoid dinging them up. I was really wanting this one but not so sure now. I know it might sound silly but this could be a deal breaker for me.
It would be very easy to make your self a custom box to protect it.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:57 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Needs & Wants...

Like this experience frm the Sbach 3D thread...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1196

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
Quote:

I wish you could like/thank on RCgroups.
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Speaking of needs and wants, 40" wingspan beast!
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Beast 280 BNF Basic??

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:31 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Speaking of needs and wants, 40" wingspan beast!
I've been begging John for a .25 sized Beast for 2 years.....I still don't have one.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:32 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Still wanting one!

This thread is in the wrong forum, threw me off!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I've been begging John for a .25 sized Beast for 2 years.....I still don't have one.
I've been begging for one too, one day it will happen! I'd get the hangar 9 version but it's too big, that and my wife would probably file for divorce lol!
Last edited by slo-fly; Nov 09, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:

Yes DAVE!!!!!! I keep forgetting !!! QQ IS the master!!!!! What are we thinking!!!
And I don't mean that sarcastically !!
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 09, 2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Addition