turnerm,,,,just had rudder go bad,,,have any sugestons D ale
Did not check out specs versus current servo, but maybe something like this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/EFLRDS35
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:46 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,685 Posts
HOBBY ZONE ,,,estamated time SERVOS IN STOCK,,,,JAN 23,,, for all of U who are SERVOLESS,,,,mainly ME......
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:12 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
turnerm,,,,just had rudder go bad,,,have any sugestons D ale
Real men use their Original Equipment rudder.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:47 AM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Hey AR,

Any UMX flying going on in your world?

Torye is a pharmaceutical sales rep that covers two states.
He is getting good with that mini, fast.
It performs a beauty flat living room spin.
Loves taking his EQQ on the road as well.
Gets his 3D fix with the CY mini.

We both love the EQQ in the great outdoors.
It's the perfect combo of pattern/aerobatic in a mini size.

rc
Got the 540qq right after it came out. Need to get some batts from you soon. My bro-in-law has a MiG and he needs a fix, too.

Sounds like a great way to break up hotel room boredom!
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:10 PM
I've reached my critical AoA
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
Anyone have a crashed 540QQ that can show me how the black wing mount that sticks out is configured? Is it replaceable? I think that is what is stripped out on my wing mounting.
G-Man is offline Find More Posts by G-Man
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
A quick video of the third flight with this plane, it was a little windy and I'm still learning but I love this plane! Sorry for the poor quality, were learning that keeping up with a plane is hard on the camera person!

plane (2 min 34 sec)
SMaxxin is offline Find More Posts by SMaxxin
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Anyone have a crashed 540QQ that can show me how the black wing mount that sticks out is configured? Is it replaceable? I think that is what is stripped out on my wing mounting.
Can't help with how it is configured or mounted, but if the hole is just opened out too much, you should be able to glue it in a bit, then run the screw back through to rethread it. Can you tell from the one on the other side what the screw actually threads into? If you have had the wing on the other side, take it back off and see if the black thing in the fuse now has threads cut into it from the screw. I have put two of these together, but can't actually say know if the screw threads itself into that piece or goes through it and threads into a piece in the wing on the other side. And my wings are glued on, so not very convenient to take mine off to check for sure. All I know for sure is, that once I figured out a way to make sure I had the wing on far enough and could see that the holes lined up everything went fine with just starting the screws and tightening them. You must make sure to have a perfect fit of screwdriver bits to the screw or you can easily strip the screw head out also.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:37 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
Anyone flown the Visonaire yet? It seems to have the same characteristics as this plane just larger. (Floaty and loves low speed HA flight) Curious on feedback about it from anyone that loves the QQ (non AS3X)
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:52 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Anyone flown the Visonaire yet? It seems to have the same characteristics as this plane just larger. (Floaty and loves low speed HA flight) Curious on feedback about it from anyone that loves the QQ (non AS3X)
If you haven't done so already, check out Dalecheek's take on the two planes in the VA thread.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:06 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
If you haven't done so already, check out Dalecheek's take on the two planes in the VA thread.

Joel
Ha! should have read that thread before this one in my subscription list. Thanks.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:09 AM
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post

I flew and crashed one last week, it feels even more "floaty" than the QQ. I was able to keep it low and close to me most of the time, I still can't do that with the QQ. It's also pretty tough, I put it nose first into the concrete while trying to harrier about 12 feet off the deck it cracked the spinner but we flew it afterwards with no problems. IMO the AS3X system on this plane is a lot smoother than the AS3X system on the UM planes, you can defiantly feel the difference when you turn it off!

Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:10 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaxxin View Post
you can defiantly feel the difference when you turn it off!
You can turn it off?! That's great! I guess I haven't been keeping up.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
Joined Mar 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yep you can fly with or without it
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:30 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yes, but......

Two modes are selectable from the tx - 3D and general flight. You can adjust the gains separately in each mode. You can set the 3D gains as you wish, and then set the 'general flight' gains to zero, which disables the system. That will give you an AS3X on/off switch from the tx. The only downside is that the rx has fixed low rates in general flight mode, so you're also stuck with reduced throw. That works well when switching between 3D flying & pattern/high-speed flying with an unlimited aerobatic ship such as the VA, but there is no option for having identical rates in both modes - which would be highly desirable when using the modes as an AS3X on/off switch. It would also be highly desirable for warbirds, EDFs, and scale g/a planes.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member