Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:10 AM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Que pasa? Este modelo es muy bien enpagado! Espero que tienes mucho $$$ porque este modelo es approx. 94,630.00 Pesos para una persona en Chile.

Pues, ya a comprado muchos, eeee?
Yes I have a lot of stuff from HH.
1 Losi 8 2.0
2 Losi microcrawler
1 Losi Trail Treker
1 Losi mini crawler
Um j3, p51, su26xp, t28
Mcpx v2
Eflite su26
Eflite extra 260
Eflite 300 zero
PKZ P47 with retracts and flaps
Dx7 and all my rx are original Spektrum

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:21 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Just back from the field with Green Machine 2.0.

Verdict?

I think I finally got the elevator halves darn near perfect (whew!) and upon flying it today, this airframe is so much better than my first one ever was. I now wonder if my GM 1.0 had a lesser elevator twist that I never picked up on, but was affecting my ability to hover. Because with it bone stock (450mah batt, center of tray, stock prop, etc), I was able to hover the Edge qq for the first time today. In addition, it is just sooo responsive, and high alpha, gliding, inverted, etc were all perfect (to my noob eyeballs). I noticed my rolls were not *perfectly* axial -- close but not perfect, so I may look into what that's about, up to and including using any mixes that may have came with the HH Dx7 spm set up.

I can't break myself of the habit now (esp in the high wind we had blowing 10 to 15) of landing it in almost a hover, gently placing all wheels in just one spot, then taxiing in from that touch down. This is loads of fun on the Green Machine, but not sure I will get away with it when I try it on my bigger models.

I am totally tickled with the way this thing flies and looks and lands, and the ease of handling it around the house, car and the pits due to it's smaller size. Yet, I find I can still fly it every bit as far as my larger planes, with it's highly visible color scheme and not lose orientation.

I had the Stryker, the Beast, the Sbach 342 and my Reactor all loaded in the car today, and this was the only plane I flew, right up until all my batteries were gone.

Anyone on the fence about this, all I can say is that you have to decide which is more important to you -- the assurance of usual HH quality (then buy a Beast, or Sbach, or other plane!) or the capability of TRUE 3D and awesome sport.acro flying in a tiny, but practical package. If the latter is what you must have, the suck it up, get the wallet out, be prepared for potentially one or even two jaw-droppingly horrific QC issues to fix yourself, or work through with HH, but buy it!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Jan 06, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:23 AM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
100% positive. The further out you go the more likely you are to incur blowout because the torque of the servo will be less effective. ...

Same deal for control horn holes. The more control surface movement you get from a given servo rotation, the less leverage the servo has so the more potential there is for blowback. It doesn't matter which end of the control rod you are adjusting.
mdv is offline Find More Posts by mdv
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:38 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
another BALMEY 50 degree day in NC,,about 2hr of flying EDGE and SBACH........WHAT DID U DO TODAY.................
Well dale today i managed to put 14 packs through the 540qq ,7 this morning and 7 this evening
My last 3 packs i had a spectator, must have only been about 5 yrs old. He was loving the plane when i was doing high speed passes and low inverted circuits , got a few WOW's and some clapping lol
After flying the 540qq I flew my UMX sbach 3d, it's too easy now! like flying a trainer plane
I'm loving the 540qq for sure, now where are the announcements from HH for the next plane in this scale Plz be a Beast plzzzzzz
Cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:55 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,554 Posts
tn,

"I am totally tickled with the way this thing flies and looks and lands, and the ease of handling it around the house, car and the pits due to it's smaller size. Yet, I find I can still fly it every bit as far as my larger planes, with it's highly visible color scheme and not lose orientation."

You speak the truth.

My QC issues are long forgotten.

She is one of those, "the more you fly her, the more you want to fly her"...kind of planes!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:42 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
872 Posts
yes, she is....I also forgotten QC issues and now every flight my Edge has more scratches on the fuse above the battery compartment....however,she has to fly !!!
Weather here is not good for flying..hope I can go out with my Edge next time.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeneration View Post
Well dale today i managed to put 14 packs through the 540qq ,7 this morning and 7 this evening
My last 3 packs i had a spectator, must have only been about 5 yrs old. He was loving the plane when i was doing high speed passes and low inverted circuits , got a few WOW's and some clapping lol
After flying the 540qq I flew my UMX sbach 3d, it's too easy now! like flying a trainer plane
I'm loving the 540qq for sure, now where are the announcements from HH for the next plane in this scale Plz be a Beast plzzzzzz
Cheers
to my new friend .GOOD FOR YOUUUUUUU....raining here today......it seems to me we fly BETTER for spectators,,,,,one CHILD equals FIFTY adults......later my friend..Dale
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:56 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,153 Posts
This thing is like crack the more you fly it the more you want to fly it. Or maybe it's like Lays Potato Chips. Put in 4 more on mine a while ago in between flights of my 48" Edge. I love them both almost equally, and I never thought that was going to happen. Still waiting for GWS 7035 props to arrive but very happy with the APC 7x4SF I am using now.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:47 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
Got mine setup today, had to lower my 12x endpoints on the radio so the esc would arm. Also the ele throw was low, so I pulled the servo horn and flexed the elevator a few times, now I get max throw down and quite a bit of up. Just need the wind to go down and I will get the maiden over with.
Zimm98 is offline Find More Posts by Zimm98
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:28 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
hi all, well i have been out of the loop for a while as we are still waiting for this one in Oz. When i do have a read i hear nothing but praise for this aircraft, BUT! also a couple of QC issues that need to be addressed first, which i seem to have not taken enough notice of and can't remember them all i think the prop was one?

Anyway now you guys have had your one's for a while now, so can someone please tell us the QC issues i will need to address when i finally get my QQ Edge? Thanks!

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:33 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
(From memory. These could be the start of a comprehensive list, if others want to refine/add to it)

Check:
motor wires for poor soldering/rework
prop adapter loose (tighten hex)
motor mount loose/no adhesive
fingernail marks on upper fuselage
bent prop
wings difficult to fit without trimming excessive hotglue from tabs
rudder not aligned vertically (hung off center)
elevator halves not aligned with each other
bad servo out of box
rear batt tray guide pops loose easily (consider adding CA)
rattle-ly sounding landing gear - can be made worse due to unbalanced prop (use grease or dab of silicone to quiet)
gap in aileron-to fuselage-spacing is not same from the left wing to right wing (if not too bad, just live with it. If worse...???)

Mods/ improvements to consider:
update 10A ESC to12
relocate ESC to under compartment
GWS 7035 prop
Use HURC motor if you bend your shaft and original is still unavailable
Use Aux channel for individual ailerons, and set up spoilerons on a switch
Verify alignment of landing gear every once in a while, they do bend some over time. If your wheel spats pop off a lot, then consider a dab of Uhu Por over the snaps to hold them in place, but still allow removal as needed
Use the Dx7 spm file to set up your radio like HH test pilots. For instance, goes to 150% elevator travel!
Last edited by tracknoob; Jan 06, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:41 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,754 Posts
Had a good time with the Edge today! Flew 14 packs Weather was sunny, very little wind, 40°. Could actually fly without going numb Had a good fleet out. Logo 400, ASbach3X, DSM converted lady bird, & Edge 540. Enough batteries to fly for hours.

Was getting silly with the Edge at the end of the day. Zero wind and flying over soft fluffy stuff. I was doing low inverted slow harriers like they were in style. I even managed to drag the tail a few times. Also couldn't pull out of it on a couple occasions:

In the end, the fun was over when I ripped the rudder completely off. hahaa.. Little glue and hinge tape will be back in action

Chuck - for QA - Check your elevator halves for levelness. Mine had a slight twist. Some have bad twist. I was able to bend level.

Pull prop/cowling and check motor mount. The glue they used pops off the plastic. Mine was moving around. I use hot glue to squirt in there and it's nice and tight now.

Also check out the "3D" servo arms for the eflite servos. Gives crazy rudder and elevator throw. I have three flight modes. A little crazy, crazy, and real crazy

It's a fun plane if you get a good one!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
321 Posts
Dang I love this plane. I got 3 more packs in. On my 450's, I can fly hard for 6 min and put 330 mah back in, which is perfect.
I'm still flying stock prop. I'll install the APC 7x4 when the stock dies I guess.
Today was the first time I even thought to try to harrier around, and this plane does great!
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick
Last edited by jbusick; Jan 06, 2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:00 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
I'm all charged up and ready to go wring it out tomorrow! I've bought six batts already for the Green Machine, and should have a couple more later in the week, so even without field recharging I've got lots of flight time on hand, and if I do decide to parallel charge on the field, then it becomes unlimited flying!

Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:22 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
321 Posts
One thing I can't figure out though is that I cannot get this sucker to KE spin. Anyone?
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick