HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
I actually just went ahead and order the adapters. And use the small foamy rx that futaba sells. I have one of those.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I originally looked at that RX, And had thought about using it, but At 6.6 g plus adapters! I think you're to be putting this plane in a weight range, where you're not going to get the best out of it.. The stock RX weighs about the same as a postage stamp..

This thing is like an indoor F3e plane, every drop of glue counts, Mine didn't even like 450 Gen Ace packs, because they weigh so much more than the EF light ones.. That's why I went with 370's, It's a totally different plane after shaving a few ounces, And I still get a solid 5.5 minute flight..

Good luck!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 24, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I originally looked at that RX, And had thought about using it, but At 6.6 g plus adapters! I think you're to be putting this plane in a weight range, where you're not going to get the best out of it.. The stock RX weighs about the same as a postage stamp..

This thing is like an indoor F3e plane, every drop of glue counts, Mine didn't even like 450 Gen Ace packs, because they weigh so much more than the EF light ones.. That's why I went with 370's, It's a totally different plane after shaving a few ounces, And I still get a solid 5.5 minute flight..

Good luck!
I won't be flying this indoors. I don't think this rx will change it that much. It punches out of a hover with no problem and this rx shouldn't cause much of a change. If I was looking to fly it indoors yea but not for outdoors.

I will probably try to lighten the rx some by taking the casing off. I will also see if I can lighten up the plane itselft.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:25 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
A little extra weight makes it dip, a wing at the hi alpha point, and it Increases wing rock Drastically! It makes transitions ugly and not as floaty,Indoors, or out. If you're looking to just go fast, and draw lines? it won't matter, but like I said good luck.. Everything is a learning experience..

Like the fat man said," free information, for me to you, take it or throw it away"..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 24, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
I just got some of the thunder power 2s 65c 325mah, they weigh in at 24.5g. My AUW is 7.5 ounces with the 65c 2s and hacker a10.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,813 Posts
Mine flys good from 8.1 up to 9.2 ounce thats with 370mah and a 850mah plane itself it 6.8 now with firewall being glued n bigger aileron servos. I am not getting to fly mine much it does fly light with the 370 pack
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
There is just a two gram difference between the two rx. This is without chopping weight off the futaba rx. Not a beginner pilot myself and shouldn't have a problem 3ding this plane even with just the little extra weight. I have flown much worst lol.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,685 Posts
in NC today 55 degres .no wind ,so i flew edge almost all day .several of these in my backyard...100ft by 80 ft with pine tree s all the way around yard.......was trying out new hat cam camera.....part of flying is over my home....forgot to set timer....hit cut off over home ....did not have enough power to clear roof......it was a nice landing ON ROOF..was going to post video BUT .....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN....got ladder ,,got plane ,,no damage
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
In fact I can prove now it will be fine. I used a friends spectrum radio so I could fly it. Used a 370 mah nanotech 3 cell which weighs 39 g. I then tried twisted hobbies pack 450 3 cell and it shows it being 48 g. The plane flew better to me on the 450 pack. Both had similar flight time. Only thing it needs is more elevator throw and she will be good I feel. I mean I understand lighter would make it fly better but rather have the challenge ha ha!

Thanks for the help though. I'll study the plane and shed the weight somehow. If I have to
Last edited by Sukhoikid; Dec 24, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
In fact I can prove now it will be fine. I used a friends spectrum radio so I could fly it. Used a 370 mah nanotech 3 cell which weighs 39 g. I then tried twisted hobbies pack 450 3 cell and it shows it being 48 g. The plane flew better to me on the 450 pack. Both had similar flight time. Only thing it needs is more elevator throw and she will be good I feel. I mean I understand lighter would make it fly better but rather have the challenge ha ha!

Thanks for the help though. I'll study the plane and shed the weight somehow. If I have to
As i said i fly mine with a 850mah someone else here try it with one and hated how it flew. I thought mine flew better in wind with the more weight. Sure lighter is better but still fun to fly.
You should do the hs55 servo arm mod along with my making inner hole it works great.... happy flying
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
Amazing photos man! Do you mind if I download and save some?

Tom
For sure! Just please don't repost them...
Alex
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
As i said i fly mine with a 850mah someone else here try it with one and hated how it flew. I thought mine flew better in wind with the more weight. Sure lighter is better but still fun to fly.
You should do the hs55 servo arm mod along with my making inner hole it works great.... happy flying
Got one of those arms sitting on my desk ready to go! Cant wait!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,813 Posts
Sweet! Not sure why they used such short arms to start with here a pic of mine with both mods
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
For sure! Just please don't repost them...
Alex
Thanks a lot, they'll look great as a background or a screensaver!

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:25 AM
what ?!
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Tarbes
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Merry Christmas to you all...!! ;-)
Guiltz is offline Find More Posts by Guiltz