Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:17 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
This plane size is perfect!
Agree!! I'm really looking forward to what their next move is on planes of this size. A Beast maybe??
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,153 Posts
Oh yeah a mid sized Beast would be wonderful! Heading to Florida Wednesday and this little bird fits behind the headrests on the back seat just fine. Which is a great thing cause counting wife, dog, suitcases and presents for the in-laws there isn't going to be much room for anything else in the car.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOELDRAGON View Post
Oh yeah a mid sized Beast would be wonderful! Heading to Florida Wednesday and this little bird fits behind the headrests on the back seat just fine. Which is a great thing cause counting wife, dog, suitcases and presents for the in-laws there isn't going to be much room for anything else in the car.
Leave the dog. No, I'm kidding. Leave the wife. No, that's mean. Leave the in-law's presents. Yeah...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Hey guys? if somebody could help me out? it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm putting the adapter for the throttle channel back together, So I can sell my stock RX . I had removed the pins, and I can't remember? does the orange signal wire go all the way to the left? or all the way to the right? I know the ground wire goes in the middle..thanks. I want to make sure it's right, and ill write out a detailed explanation, so the guy won't fry it!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 23, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:15 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
Hey guys? if somebody could help me out? it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm putting the adapter for the throttle channel back together, So I can sell my stock RX . I had removed the pins, and I can't remember? does the orange signal wire go all the way to the left? or all the way to the right? I know the ground wire goes in the middle..thanks. I want to make sure it's right, and ill write out a detailed explanation, so the guy won't fry it!
Orange, brown,red left to right. Looks correct in your picture!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Thank you!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:31 AM
Watt Amps?
Australia, QLD
Joined Aug 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I dont have anything to offer as to the ESC, but make sure you are shorting the pins before you plug the battery in, and keep them shorted until you have it bound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
As poster above stated, make sure to short the pins before hooking up battery to esc. And the esc does get warm when hooked up. I have no reason why, but has not been a problem with mine. I can't say it gets hot, just warm (subjective call). Several suggestions on how to short the pins out have surfaced. I used some metal tweezers with a rubber band wrapped loosely around them to hold slight tension, some use a paperclip, I have thought a small alligator clip would work well also. You need something that you can clip on and not have to hold yourself while plugging battery in. Also, make sure you put throttle trim all the way down on tx before trying to bind this one.
Thanks PropsnWings and bobly for your advice.

I was away from home when i put the plane together I was away from home and didn't have the usual investigative tools at hand.

I haven't bothered to measure the temp of the esc in any event - it was too hot to hold and left my fingers feeling burned. I have since tried a different esc - eflite 30a that comes with the park flyers - it too became very very hot very quickly and the rx light did not flash repeatedly (the pins were shorted) but gave a single flash on battery connection and it could not bind.

the big round bump on the back of the esc is what gets so hot - too lazy to post photo, you know the big bump i mean, a capacitor of some sort?.

could a dud rx cause this?

no servo movments were seen or heard during any of the times batteries were connected.

both the original 10a esc in the edge and the 30a test esc had no problems on an ar6115e rx after those tests.

It appears the ar6310 rx unit may be a dud.

anyone else had a dud rx in this one? or give me some advice as to how my hopes of a pre-christmas flight might be saved? I don't have any other rx compatible with the connectors.....
MunGi is offline Find More Posts by MunGi
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
Anyone else suspect one of these may be under the Christmas tree?
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Yep that component gets hot! you need to either flip the ESC over so that its not facing down, or relocate the ESC to the area under the front of the Cowl. there's much better cooling upfront, I believe that's where it was meant to be, in the first place. The wires do reach.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 23, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:23 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork View Post
Anyone else suspect one of these may be under the Christmas tree?
3D Claus always knows what I want..
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,754 Posts
I just put on the "3D" servo arms... MUCH more throw on the elevator and rudder. Going to go take it for a test spin in a few
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunGi View Post
Thanks PropsnWings and bobly for your advice.

I was away from home when i put the plane together I was away from home and didn't have the usual investigative tools at hand.

I haven't bothered to measure the temp of the esc in any event - it was too hot to hold and left my fingers feeling burned. I have since tried a different esc - eflite 30a that comes with the park flyers - it too became very very hot very quickly and the rx light did not flash repeatedly (the pins were shorted) but gave a single flash on battery connection and it could not bind.

the big round bump on the back of the esc is what gets so hot - too lazy to post photo, you know the big bump i mean, a capacitor of some sort?.

could a dud rx cause this?

no servo movments were seen or heard during any of the times batteries were connected.

both the original 10a esc in the edge and the 30a test esc had no problems on an ar6115e rx after those tests.

It appears the ar6310 rx unit may be a dud.

anyone else had a dud rx in this one? or give me some advice as to how my hopes of a pre-christmas flight might be saved? I don't have any other rx compatible with the connectors.....
Just to double check and make sure because it does make a difference. You did put the throttle trim (not just the joystick but using the trim button) all the way down didn't you? It will not bind if you don't do this.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Was having fun with my Green Machine this AM when on like the third battery, I got wrong thumbed (while talking to someone dangit. Don't talk and fly!) and put it head first into the turf again. The already beaten cowling had three chunks of foam torn out, and it got bent up, the motor mount came loose (time to try some hot glue for this time!). and I broke my GWS 7035 prop (I did buy a spare. Right? Right? I know I did! I hope I did!).

I think I could fix up the damaged foam with some heat and glue, but fortunately, a trip to the LHS and they did have a new cowling in stock, so I'll just put that on, and I also bought spare landing gear (I have to bend them back straight a lot, so they will eventually break, and the little white plastic pants were broken).

I also bought a new spinner, since I misplaced and then never found my old one.

So hopefully, if I get a chance to work on it this afternoon, she should be back to flying condition and looking even better.

This plane is a hoot to fly!

PS The guy at the LHS said that not only did he not have any stock props, but that he could not get them, so if you are flying this plane, go ahead and find an alternate prop! GWS 7035 works great for me.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,153 Posts
Just got back from my first flights on the little green stinger. 12+ wind some gusts higher than that. I went for it and all I can say is WOW. Still trying to wipe the silly grin off of my face. Amazing little plane, the wind was a non issue as long as I stayed above half throttle. It handled everything my feeble skills could throw at it. Roll rate is insane. Color scheme really does help orientation. All in all I love it. Got a bit scuffed up when the wind tumbled it after the second landing but nothing a bit of paint won't fix.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON