HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
It's cold and windy here in Champaign. I have flown the Edge indoors quite a bit but only slow 3D. I decided to take a video that shows my first flight of really opening the plane up inside. There's also some slow 3D in here too. Really sorry about the poor quality guys it's just a cell phone video. Not work related so it's uncut also.

Edge 540QQ in the armory (4 min 21 sec)
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:44 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Sweet!!! You've got a great spot there, and some serious skills!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:52 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
It's cold and windy here in Champaign. I have flown the Edge indoors quite a bit but only slow 3D. I decided to take a video that shows my first flight of really opening the plane up inside. There's also some slow 3D in here too. Really sorry about the poor quality guys it's just a cell phone video. Not work related so it's uncut also.

http://youtu.be/q_HX3dVjW5Q
Great flying Colton! I like your style!

I need a place like that to fly!! That's awesome. It's also insanely windy here today too and pretty cold so no flying for me for a few days unfortunately.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
Team Horizon Hobby
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
Thanks guys you're all pretty sharp yourselves.
Haven't missed a video posted on this thread yet!

Looks like the next time I'll get to shoot a video is the 4th

I'll bring a buddy with a camera and get a high res video for you guys next time.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by _Colton_; Dec 21, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:18 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Sweet, looking forward to the next video. That one was awesome! Thanks for sharing
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
822 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys your all pretty sharp yourselves.
Haven't missed a video posted on this thread yet!

Looks like the next time I'll get to shoot a video is the 4th

I'll bring a buddy with a camera and get a high res video for you guys next time.
Colton nice flying! Is the plane your flying pretty much stock or did you change anything?
Sukhoikid is online now Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
100% stock

I am using the DX8 program QQ and I created though. So I do have dual ailerons set up and 2 or 3% differential. And the rudder to aileron and elevator mixes.

Even using our EFL 3s 450 30c packs
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,045 Posts
Quote:
100% stock

I am using the DX8 program QQ and I created though. So I do have dual ailerons set up and 2 or 3% differential. And the rudder to aileron and elevator mixes.

no big deal about mix s ,, your THUMB S R packing some HEAT ,,yippy yippy ki A
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:37 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Well yesterday I got my two new SPMSA2020 servos and my wing set from HH. Thanks HH you guys came through just took longer then i wish glad i had other servos to put in and got some flights on this thing. has anyone used these servos before? here is a link
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSA2020
I would never buy them if i had to buy them i would go with others but they do look nice and they came with a adapter to go from the small connector to a regular rx type plug thought that was nice to be included

My Dx7 the old one not the new one, elevator and rudder are at 100% aileron is at about 70 on Hi and 40 on low.
with longer hs55 arms on tail longest i could fit w/o hitting the stab. and in hole i made on the control horns
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined May 2006
194 Posts
What are the mixes in the setup file...anyone? I don't have that radio so it appears I can't view all the throws and mixes from the *.spm file.

Thanks,
Mark

Quote:
100% stock

bigmark61 is offline Find More Posts by bigmark61
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,826 Posts
Quote:
Love the sustained WOT indoors. I don't think I've ever seen that before! Needless to say, great flying.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Love the sustained WOT indoors. I don't think I've ever seen that before! Needless to say, great flying.
Very cool indeed. I see the stock prop works fine :-)
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
928 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/q_HX3dVjW5Q
1AAA, I have to say "Wow"!!!
Takeoff in KE looks very cool and the aerobatics look perfect- it's one of the best indoor vids I have ever seen. Respect !
I assume it wasn't the first flight with the Edge , isn't it ? It looks to precise for the first one.
Your location is very huge...we haven't so much space in our gym halls her in Germany and when you find a hall model flying is forbidden.
Looking forward to your next vids, want to see more, thanks for sharing
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmark61 View Post
What are the mixes in the setup file...anyone? I don't have that radio so it appears I can't view all the throws and mixes from the *.spm file.

Thanks,
Mark
+1 I'd love to see the setup file as I only have a Dx6i so I can't view them.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I love drawing clean lines..I was pattern flying mine today.. Then I slammed it into a inverted wall, drop an inverted elevator, and dragged the rudder to a hover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Bummer dude!!!,,, this plane does fly CLEAN pattern lines too though don't it????
lol. NOT a bummer! Those are the names of 3d moves
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman