HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:07 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts
I love drawing clean lines..I was pattern flying mine today.. Then I slammed it into a inverted wall, drop an inverted elevator, and dragged the rudder to a hover.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Man you young pups really know how to hurt an old man. All this talk about 150% throws. I run 60-70% and the guys at our club are amazed at the response and roll rates this thing has. I couldn't begin to think what 150% would do. I suppose it has to do with 3d stuff, and we don't have any 3d flyers at our club, so nobody knows any better I suppose. I begin to wonder if anybody else just flies regular aerobatics with this thing or if everybody that has it but me is a 3d flyer.
Bobly,,, don't feel bad!! I'm old too,, I LOVE flying regular aerobatics with this plane,, plus some basic 3D stuff too for fun. If you Wana try 150% throws,, just increase your expo by 10-20% and then you'll have best of both worlds. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I love drawing clean lines..I was pattern flying mine today.. Then I slammed it into a inverted wall, drop an inverted elevator, and dragged the rudder to a hover.
Bummer dude!!!,,, this plane does fly CLEAN pattern lines too though don't it????
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:29 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts
Those were all good things.., but thanks.."wall".. The only problem is I need touch up paint for the rudder...
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
put MOOOORE throw s on your plane......then U will B THE OLD TOP GUN at your club.......................
No, I'd probably have a broken plane. I have enough trouble keeping up with it as it is.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:52 AM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
848 Posts
..the worst thing is that Horizon released his Edge in winter season expect you live in Australia
Bad guys from HH...her in Germany the temperature degrees, cold storm and no way to fly this "Green Machine"
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Man you young pups really know how to hurt an old man. All this talk about 150% throws. I run 60-70% and the guys at our club are amazed at the response and roll rates this thing has. I couldn't begin to think what 150% would do. I suppose it has to do with 3d stuff, and we don't have any 3d flyers at our club, so nobody knows any better I suppose. I begin to wonder if anybody else just flies regular aerobatics with this thing or if everybody that has it but me is a 3d flyer.
Well the 150% is just for the elev and rudder not aileron the roll rate is insane just on 100%. You won't need that extra anyway unless your doing hovers or other 3D. You can do very nice sport flying with this plane on 70%.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:06 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Finally some good weather

Get to fly the green machine today
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
30-40 mph winds here for the next few days. No flying for me unfortunately.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:
Those were all good things.., but thanks.."wall".. The only problem is I need touch up paint for the rudder...
FolkArt brand paint at WalMart. You'll find it in the craft section. The lime green is a dead ringer for the EQQ.I had posted this a while back but it got lost.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
30-40 mph winds here for the next few days. No flying for me unfortunately.
I balanced the motor on mine the other night and static I can tell quite a difference. Sunday is looking good for flying. Hope to test it out then.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
FolkArt brand paint at WalMart. You'll find it in the craft section. The lime green is a dead ringer for the EQQ.I had posted this a while back but it got lost.
Thanks! any suggestions for the purple?

30 mile an hour winds here and freezing rain crazy considering yesterday was 45° with 5 mile an hour winds..
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:29 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,424 Posts
FolkArt Lime Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=2926;)

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,424 Posts
Quote:

30 mile an hour winds here and freezing rain crazy considering yesterday was 45° with 5 mile an hour winds..
Purple/Blue?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=3055;)

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:

I used this: http://parmapse.shptron.com/p/fasflu...ue?pp=15&pp=15

It's very thin and doesn't cover white very well. It works great for blending in and tuoching up small scratches. I used it to touch up a few areas where the factory didn't get enough paint and you would never know it was touched up.