HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:10 AM
Australia, WA, Belmont
Joined Aug 2012
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Ahh what your thinking is the way Australia got the release a day before you guys and i was releasing the info first, well thats what changed, i still get the planes to do reviews i just don't have a clue whats coming till HH release first. I knew i was getting something this Friday but did not have any idea what it was till HH released the planes about 3pm Thursday Australian time then i was hoping it would be the Edge 540 but alas it was the Mini Vapor, still a very nice little indoor plane. I asked about the Edge and they do not have a sample for me yet so it looks like i might get one sometime this is one plane i really want to try
oh and for us Aussies i was told it could be January before we see them here

cheers chuck
Hey Chuck hi, I noticed ModelFlight au has them in stock so i rang my local shop and they said theyd look into this because as far as they know Feb is when theyre expecting them... they rang back and said my Edge 540QQ is already on its way across from Adelaide. I hope it doesnt have fingernail marks on it (((

When you getting yours
Kurtus is offline Find More Posts by Kurtus
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:04 AM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Im guessing a DX5 wont bind to this rx? I am not a spektrum guy, I have a futaba rx on order but was wanting to try it out on the dx5 if it work. lol....We can get the light to blink once when the rx is plug in but that is it. I prefer just pushing a button ha ha ha!!!

I will say though this rx is small that comes with it!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Im guessing a DX5 wont bind to this rx? I am not a spektrum guy, I have a futaba rx on order but was wanting to try it out on the dx5 if it work. lol....We can get the light to blink once when the rx is plug in but that is it. I prefer just pushing a button ha ha ha!!!

Kevin,

In order to put that receiver in bind mode, there are two pins that need to touch each other while you plug in the pack. These pins are just in front of the elevator plug in the receiver. This receiver doesn't automatically go into bind mode.

DX5e should bind just fine, although its not a recommended transmitter.

Seth
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
Kevin,

In order to put that receiver in bind mode, there are two pins that need to touch each other while you plug in the pack. These pins are just in front of the elevator plug in the receiver. This receiver doesn't automatically go into bind mode.

DX5e should bind just fine, although its not a recommended transmitter.

Seth
Seth,

I knew about the pins, We are using a small screw driver and no luck. We also use some other things. I am going to try it out with a friends DX8 this afternoon. Cant wait to fly it though!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
915 Posts
Quote:

Main problem is that you need Expo and DualRate values- otherwise it"s near impossible to fly this "Green Machine"
If you will check this, set one flight setup without Expo on the Flight level switch in the left, high corner of the DX8 and your friend will switch to "no expo level"- I guess this bird will be like a hornet on speed
Good luck with your Maiden
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
915 Posts
next plane with 280 parkmotor ?

Question to the Horizon staff:

1. Is there a new model type with 280 parkmotor in creation ?
2. When will it release ?

..first of all I need a answer for point one- if it "yes", I will take my "moneypig" and start to collect my bucks

Pleeease more....SBach 342 or better would be a Beast !!!!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Question to the Horizon staff:

1. Is there a new model type with 280 parkmotor in creation ?
2. When will it release ?

..first of all I need a answer for point one- if it "yes", I will take my "moneypig" and start to collect my bucks

Pleeease more....SBach 342 or better would be a Beast !!!!
Language is funny... it's a "piggy-bank"! Ha! If only I could speak German (or any other language) as well as you speak English.

+ a trillion or so on the Beast!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
732 Posts
Quote:
Seth,

I knew about the pins, We are using a small screw driver and no luck. We also use some other things. I am going to try it out with a friends DX8 this afternoon. Cant wait to fly it though!
Set your throttle trim all the way down as low as it will go. This should allow it to bind. Also, unless you are completely comfortable with extremely responsive planes I would use a lot of expo on high rates to tame this thing down at least for the maiden. The Edge makes my UMX Sbach seem like a very docile bird.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:45 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Language is funny... it's a "piggy-bank"! Ha! If only I could speak German (or any other language) as well as you speak English.

+ a trillion or so on the Beast!
Yes, indeed...but you understand what I mean . Same is with "Handy" and "Mobile phone"....nowbody says "Mobile phone" here....
I will never forget "piggy-bank"
Last edited by SLK Count; Dec 19, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Yes, indeed...but you understand what I mean . Same is with "Handy" and "Mobile phone"....nowbody sayes "Mobile phone" here....
I will never forget "piggy-bank"
I like the word MONEYPIG......because this HOBBY.....is a MONEYPIG........i think all of us have spent several thousand dollars on this sport.......am getting ready to go fly.....got MORE batts........see......MONEYPIG
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
LOL!!! I AM cracking up!!! I LOVE the term " money pig "
Much more accurately descriptive in our hobby
:-O
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:29 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
well got some good weather yesterday so went flying not the best video and not my best flying i guess the lil added weight to this thing really does make it not as stable on slow hi alpha maneuvers but the fast snaps and spins are a blast.
I busted the firewall loose again and now added about a ounce more weight but the good news on that is now even with my 370 batts i can get perfect CG

Edge 540qq some flying action (2 min 54 sec)
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtus View Post
Hey Chuck hi, I noticed ModelFlight au has them in stock so i rang my local shop and they said theyd look into this because as far as they know Feb is when theyre expecting them... they rang back and said my Edge 540QQ is already on its way across from Adelaide. I hope it doesnt have fingernail marks on it (((

When you getting yours
Hi Kurtus, i have no idea if they will give me one to review and seeing as it has been out for a while i guess they may not even bother sure looks like a nice plane and one i'll add to my collection at some time in the future, hope yours is in the air soon.

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I lost my tail wheel today. What replacement are you guys using? I just resorted to doing hover catches but I'd like to have a tail wheel back on there.

Here's a quick video of some flying this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5IF...ature=youtu.be
Wow man... in your hand look so easy to do...
Skakrew is offline Find More Posts by Skakrew
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Great stuff Turnerm! Looking good !

I dig this Littlebird so much that I decided to stock up on parts! Its amazing how much stuff you can get for this plane for around $40
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 19, 2012 at 05:15 PM.