SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
what is weight of this batt.......i kinda like lighter batts 38 to 43 grams,,,,i think ga is around 50grams,,,,not sure
Gens Ace Lipo Battery 450mAh 3S1P 25C

Weight 53 g
Capacity 450mAh
Voltage 3S1P (11.1v) 3 cell
Discharge 25C
Size 15.50*30.30*58.30
Charge Plug JST-XH
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:08 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso View Post

Weight 53 g
Capacity 450mAh
Discharge 25C
Size 15.50*30.30*58.30
Charge Plug JST-XH
I'm running the Zippy Compact 500mah 35c that weighs in around 42 to 43 grams. So far it has been a great battery but still waiting to see how it holds up long term. I'm not really hard on my batts and fly these 6 minutes normally putting back 60 to 70%. With the higher discharge rating I see more punch than my Hyperion 450 25c. Only downside is they have to come from the China warehouse.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
I have finally moved my esc down & changed the 7035 black gws prop. I just fliped the nut and trimmed the spinner. Can not wait to try it.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
I have finally moved my esc down & changed the 7035 black gws prop. I just fliped the nut and trimmed the spinner. Can not wait to try it.
Don't get the order of those steps confused... I'd hate for someone to end up trimming their nut and flipping the spinner.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Don't get the order of those steps confused... I'd hate for someone to end up trimming their nut and flipping the spinner.
...well that would be rather funny.

Can not have enough from the flight video of yours. Great skills, awesome flight! Love it, Thanks again
Tomas
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:

Weight 53 g
Capacity 450mAh
Discharge 25C
Size 15.50*30.30*58.30
Charge Plug JST-XH
Just got my Gens from Carlo thanks! My scale shows the nanos at 43g and the Gens at 47g. I think my scale is on the light side but the Gens have twice as much wire on them so I am sure that is at least part of the reason they are heaver.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
734 Posts
Just balanced my motor using an iPhone app. Yes, it sounds stupid but I watched a YouTube video and it's a free app so I figured there's nothing to lose other than a little time. The app is called iSeismometer and believe it or not it's extremely sensitive. Somehow it works off of the accelerometer in the iPhone.

Anyway, with the prop removed you set the phone on the the battery hatch and slowly run the motor up and down watching the phone. It shows vibrations in an X, Y, and Z axis. Using a small piece of electrical tape and moving it around to different areas of the motor bell you can see and hear a difference. It's all trial and error finding the light side and matching the size (weight) of tape it requires to balance the motor. Once I got it as close as possible I mounted the prop back up and can hear and feel that it is noticably smoother. I also balanced my son's V2 Sbach which was also an improvement and checked my Beast which turned out to be very well balanced from the factory. I've learned how important a balanced prop is to performance and have to believe the motor should make a difference too.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Just balanced my motor using an iPhone app. Yes, it sounds stupid but I watched a YouTube video and it's a free app so I figured there's nothing to lose other than a little time. The app is called iSeismometer and believe it or not it's extremely sensitive. Somehow it works off of the accelerometer in the iPhone.

Anyway, with the prop removed you set the phone on the the battery hatch and slowly run the motor up and down watching the phone. It shows vibrations in an X, Y, and Z axis. Using a small piece of electrical tape and moving it around to different areas of the motor bell you can see and hear a difference. It's all trial and error finding the light side and matching the size (weight) of tape it requires to balance the motor. Once I got it as close as possible I mounted the prop back up and can hear and feel that it is noticably smoother. I also balanced my son's V2 Sbach which was also an improvement and checked my Beast which turned out to be very well balanced from the factory. I've learned how important a balanced prop is to performance and have to believe the motor should make a difference too.
I couldn't find the same app but there is an equivalent one for android called seismograph. I will try this too can't do any harm. Just broke down and got a dubro prop balancer because after trimming the spinner I'm sure its out of balance and my homemade one just isn't going to cut it. This should also help even more with keeping AS3X from going crazy when it doesn't need to. You know the gyros are a lot more sensitive than a phone is.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Just got my Gens from Carlo thanks! My scale shows the nanos at 43g and the Gens at 47g. I think my scale is on the light side but the Gens have twice as much wire on them so I am sure that is at least part of the reason they are heaver.
Glad they arrived, hope u will be happy. (they are all new never charged )
Happy flying Danny
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:28 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Stock motor, stock battery and GWS 7035 prop. I had the battery all the way back in the tray.
T,

Nice stick work on your 'Hover Catch' vid.
Enjoyed it!

---------

I can see and hear from your vid that the GWS 7035 isn't going to have enough pitch for me.
I also sent your vid to Torye.

It sounds like too many RPMs without much vertical performance.
It's a preference thing.
I don't like my RPMs to be that high just to maintain a hover.
Yes, I'm spoiled and love massive power to weight.
Instantaneous punch-out power.

To me, a stiff APC prop is like cf main blades on a heli.
It's all about performance and instant response when I nail that throttle stick.

Let's face it, the EQQ isn't the best 3D/hover machine out there.

-------

Weather is junk today!!
Maybe tomorrow.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
A good reason not to put a hard prop on this plane is so that you don't bent the motor shaft. I doinked it in on some grass.... bent my shaft. Bummer. I'm going back to stock after I take a pair of pliers to this poor thing. Dang.
Yup, that's same advice I gave earlier -- hope people are getting the message!

I feel that my current setup with the HURC motor, running a 7035 GWS prop, and12A ESC mounted under the battery tray, is da bom -- unlimited vertical, quiet power, and still a resilient enough prop to have some good 'give' in case of nose over or contact.

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Yup, that's same advice I gave earlier -- hope people are getting the message!

I feel that my current setup with the HURC motor, running a 7035 GWS prop, and12A ESC mounted under the battery tray, is da bom -- unlimited vertical, quiet power, and still a resilient enough prop to have some good 'give' in case of nose over or contact.

So you're liking the HURC a lot?!? I keep going back and forth about putting it on. Guess I need to give it a go.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:06 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
...well that would be rather funny.

Can not have enough from the flight video of yours. Great skills, awesome flight! Love it, Thanks again
Tomas
Thanks for the kind words Thomas!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
T,

Nice stick work on your 'Hover Catch' vid.
Enjoyed it!

---------

I can see and hear from your vid that the GWS 7035 isn't going to have enough pitch for me.
I also sent your vid to Torye.

It sounds like too many RPMs without much vertical performance.
It's a preference thing.
I don't like my RPMs to be that high just to maintain a hover.
Yes, I'm spoiled and love massive power to weight.
Instantaneous punch-out power.

To me, a stiff APC prop is like cf main blades on a heli.
It's all about performance and instant response when I nail that throttle stick.

Let's face it, the EQQ isn't the best 3D/hover machine out there.

-------

Weather is junk today!!
Maybe tomorrow.

rc
Interesting. I find that the QQ with the 7035 prop has unlimited vertical and my hovers are done at less than 50% throttle. I also find that it is the best 3D plane under 40" I've ever seen!!

I think the Beast is second but it's a distant second. The Beast is best for more scale aerobatics with a few hovers thrown in for good measure but the QQ is all about 3D for me...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,893 Posts
ANOTHER great flying day here i n Garner NC, balmey 63 degres ,,,,light breez.......have been practicing my hooovering,,,,,you see hooovering is almost a true hover...8 batts of hooovering and some REAL prop hanging.....this is only my 3d month flying rc planes . two of U hover green machine like it is a 3d foamey. when i saw turnams video i thought QQ was on the sticks un till end of video...thanks for the inspiration gentlemen
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1