HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
The GWS7035 fit without any adapter. I just turned the bolt backwards so it fits flush inside the hub.
Be careful with that set up. On mine the nut didn't have a lot of engagement with the threads and I stripped the adapter last night. Might have tightened a little too much but don't think that was the case. Luckily I had the E-flite 1935 adapter and was able to fly this morning. That adapter is money well spent if you're using the 7035 prop.

The Zippy Compact 500mah 35c batts did really good. I definitely got better vertical with them over my Hyperion 450mah 25c's. Still haven't determined my ideal CG yet but it seems to feel better as I move the battery back. I did pick up a spare receiver hatch to use for the 808 camera. Going to install a camera mount on the spare hatch so I can get some video.
ForsheeMS is online now Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:45 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Why would you have to reroute the esc, my esc is factory position on side at front of battery box and battery will go clear up under the cowl against the motor if I want it there.
My 500 wont the new 370 might but the motor wires come out in center so there in way of batt maybe i just make a hole on side with esc for the wires maybe then have lil more room no way for the 500 go under cowl its to thick
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Finally got batteries!!!
Maiden went great. You guys weren't lying when you said how good this plane flew. I only had one pack charged so I went and did a trimming flight.. I had everything centered per the manual and needed 0 trim! not even one click. I guess this is what happens when you get to spend two weeks obsessively rechecking every surface while waiting for batteries to arrive. Flight was with a TP 325 65C against the front of the tray but not pushed under the cowl. Prop was a balanced GWS7035. Rolls were not axial though. I also noticed that when checking the aileron throws I was getting about 4-5mm more down than up. Has anyone else noticed that? It was a VERY minor complaint as it really didn't affect flying. I didn't try any hard 3D yet but even with the short hovers I did It has TONs of power. I really like this plane it kinda reminds me of the original UMX Sbach. Such a huge step forward in micro airplanes!

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:23 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Those who have removed the hub etc... How did you do it? I am trying put the eflite prop adapter on and I cannot remove the stock one. I ave removed 4 grub screws and still no luck.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:28 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Ok I got it. Pried it off with a flat driver. That thing was really fastened in there.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Finally got batteries!!!
Maiden went great. You guys weren't lying when you said how good this plane flew. I only had one pack charged so I went and did a trimming flight.. I had everything centered per the manual and needed 0 trim! not even one click. I guess this is what happens when you get to spend two weeks obsessively rechecking every surface while waiting for batteries to arrive. Flight was with a TP 325 65C against the front of the tray but not pushed under the cowl. Prop was a balanced GWS7035. Rolls were not axial though. I also noticed that when checking the aileron throws I was getting about 4-5mm more down than up. Has anyone else noticed that? It was a VERY minor complaint as it really didn't affect flying. I didn't try any hard 3D yet but even with the short hovers I did It has TONs of power. I really like this plane it kinda reminds me of the original UMX Sbach. Such a huge step forward in micro airplanes!

-Brian
I did notice my ailerons went further down than up too, that's were differential comes in play. I used a protractor to get even throws up and down. Instead of using differential I used the travel adjustment, it was somewhere around 100 percent for ailerons going down and up around 135 percent.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Last edited by slo-fly; Dec 08, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:32 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,214 Posts
I think I'm going to try a hacker a10 and see if I can get the AUW down a tad.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,770 Posts
Well i just tach both props used a nanotach 370mah 25c pack stock prop gave me 11,00 but over 9,000 was making whole lot noise vibration i guess.
Gws 7x3.5 gave 13,600 no wonder you guys like the 7x3.5 better lol
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Just installed the 7035. Seems to be a friction fit on the eflite eflm1935 adapter, how tight do you guys torque it down?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Ok I got it. Pried it off with a flat driver. That thing was really fastened in there.
Mine was a pain. Stock one was destroyed as I had to clamp I in the vise to get it off. They must drive those things on with a sledge hammer at the factory! New one slid on easy and a much better fit with the 7035 prop but does push the prop out a little farther forward. E-flite has a 2mm collet adapter with a 1" aluminum spinner that looks like it would work. It's $16 so Iight give that one a shot if/when the stock spinner needs to be replaced.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Quote:
Just installed the 7035. Seems to be a friction fit on the eflite eflm1935 adapter, how tight do you guys torque it down?
I ran a small pick in the hole on the end of the bullet and tightened it pretty good. Don't want it coming off.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Quote:
.....One thing annoying me right now is the CoG. Have you guys managed to get your CG correct as per the manual? My plane is nose heavy still and I am not sure right now if it is the elevator or bad CoG.
Hi Grovey,

Trim for level flight at 70% throttle & roll inverted. If the plane dives, it's nose-heavy. If it climbs, it's tail-heavy. If it continues to fly straight & level, or if it needs just barely a hint of down-elevator, the CG is at the neutral point. Neutral or very slightly forward is usually preferred for pattern & precision aerobatics, while neutral to aft is usually preferred for 3D. A more forward CG is usually desirable when flying in gusty conditions & for sport-flying.

For more details & a downloadable flight-trimming guide, see my blog thread on flight-trimming purpose-built aerobatic planes: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=1

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,770 Posts
The whole turn the nut around to hold on gws prop wont woth either at least the props i got the nut spot on prop is on bckside of prop not front i took soinner back plate off and put on prop then installed nut as norm with washer part touching prop seems fine. I dont care about having the spinner
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
The whole turn the nut around to hold on gws prop wont woth either at least the props i got the nut spot on prop is on bckside of prop not front i took soinner back plate off and put on prop then installed nut as norm with washer part touching prop seems fine. I dont care about having the spinner
Recess for nut on both sides of my 7035.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Sounds like gws has changed something or some of us have fakes. I have 6-7 of them around here from two different stores and they all have hex cutouts front and back. Actually it doesn't matter either way to me as I just sand off the front of the prop hub and use the nut in the normal orientation with washer against the prop anyway. It just takes a minute or so to do that. I normally don't care for spinners either, but didn't like the look of that big hole in the front of the edge without a spinner. Does anyone know if the spinner is an advantage or disadvantage in any way or form?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly