HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Fellas you are making my wallet scream bloody murder!!!

Ok so the TP 65C batts... at $26 shipped a pop...are they really THAT GOOD??? My Thunder AC6 charger can only deliver a max 5A...so I'm not overly concerned about charge time, since I drag 8-10 models to the club and fly em all.

But is the performance bump that profound??

Putting together what I've read here, would the Ultimate Setup be:

TP325/65C
GWS 7035
15A ESC
Hurc park 340 motor

So could the poor airframe handle all this????
just my humble opinion.......fly stock for a while and or just chane prop.... then make a decision......about 70 flights on mine...stillhave stock prop...untile i damage mine....esc stays luke warm,even when i fly hard,,,throws are at only100 percent .....my waterfalls are tight and or loose as i want either back or forward.....plane is stock ...my rudder servo went crazy about 15 flights back,taped rudder straight,,,,,,and still haveing fun,,,the one time i went straight up .plane got to be OUT OF SIGHT..could not see,,had to shut off power....took along 3 0r 4 sec to see plane....keep close to me now...go have some FUN with new plane. my battery is a e flite 450 at 42grams
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:40 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
I also have travel at 100 and DR at 125. Is that ok for these servos?

My linkages are in the stock position on the servo horn.
My aurora 9 is going to be different than your TX so 125% on yours might be different than 125% on mine. Just make sure the servo is actually moving the whole time your stick is moving, all the way until your stick can't move any more.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,106 Posts
Quote:
just my humble opinion.......fly stock for a while and or just chane prop.... then make a decision......

Yeah, fair point....but what batts you using?

Reading these posts, wow the TP65's are apparently giving a huge boost to performance.

I know it's only colored paper; but sheesh.... $52 shipped for two lil ol batts....wowee
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Quote:

I know it's only colored paper; but sheesh.... $52 shipped for two lil ol batts....wowee
It's not even that. It's little biddy switches that make up computer memory. Money is virtual these days.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's not even that. It's little biddy switches that make up computer memory.

Dang!!! Then I need some biddy switches to barter for these TP batts!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, fair point....but what batts you using?

Reading these posts, wow the TP65's are apparently giving a huge boost to performance.

i use eflite 450 at 42grams and mad dog 450 at 40 grams,, mad dog about 14.00dollars ,it seems eflite and mad dog are not popular bats ...do not care i get between 6 t0 7min depending on hard or easy on thrittle.....have not used other type of batt,so i cannotjudge performance.
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
My aurora 9 is going to be different than your TX so 125% on yours might be different than 125% on mine. Just make sure the servo is actually moving the whole time your stick is moving, all the way until your stick can't move any more.
Thanks, yeah I think it is ok. Not sure I am getting the correct amount of deflection, but I will see after the flights tomorrow.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:13 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
Ok guess i will just leave it 100 and 100 for test fly if i need more guess i can always put a inner hole on the control horn... but elevator and rudder just dont look like enough... maybe make a video and post.. i always want my elevator and rudder to slap each other lol... yes i fly wild
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:39 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
These lipos might be worth looking into, I haven't tested them but they do make 65c lipos in bigger sizes. Rumor has it they will be releasing a 450mah 65c. https://www.aero-model.com/4_157_164...M450-3S30.html
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:43 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
I found these at my lhs, the color match is near perfect. The blue is faskolor #40306 and called faslucent blue. The green is faskolor #40107 and called fasflourescent green.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:27 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,176 Posts
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:44 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,720 Posts
Well just got the madien flight finished, went well considering. I took hat cam video but will have to upload later. Flew with the hayin 500 lil tail heavy had put in some down trim. I didnt ever go inverted not sure why. It was raining was just trying get in quick flight i did some hovers n snaps,spin, try a flat spin and a tic toc didnt do either one this thing has to have lot more elevator n rudder for my liking
it does tuck on ke, really bad some flying it get used to that. I was fighting a roll most of the flight i guess my repaired aileron servo didnt last long when i landed it was back to being easiley moved . I guess on a snap it striped again i just couldnt wait any longer to fly.
Weather looks like crap for all week so maybe it keep me from flying until get new servos
I have it so going to try to enjoy it but if i had seen one in person first and or flown one first i would never of gotten it, at least thats how i feel right now. There are much nicer and nicer flying planes out there. Maybe once get some good servos in it and im going change prop i flew with stock felt like had plenty of speed pretty fast if ask me and punch out hover better then i expected
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:15 AM
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
The park 340 is powerful enough to rip the firewall right off the edge! I spooled it up and the firewall broke in 2 pieces and parts went flying everywhere! I found all the bits and pieces, not too bad to glue back together. I'll post pics later.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
The park 340 is powerful enough to rip the firewall right off the edge! I spooled it up and the firewall broke in 2 pieces and parts went flying everywhere! I found all the bits and pieces, not too bad to glue back together. I'll post pics later.
What prop? Kuczy tried the Hurc this morning with 8x4 and wasn't impressed yet. It started raining on him so he didn't get a full flight in.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:28 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,176 Posts
So I just flew 2 packs with the HURC with the 8x4GWS. My opinion is that the HURC is a great replacement motor, but I saw no significant improvement in performance over the 280. It may be slightly faster, but I found it to be less floaty.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge