Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
face it, everyone just wants an excuse to say: "i got wood" :d

---
i finally got my gws7035 installed on the plane. I just flipped the nut and carefully shaved the spinner to make it fit. 2x 3s tp 325 65c arriving on friday. Finally after 2 weeks i should be able to actually fly the plane!

-brian
you will love it!!!! Brian!!! ;-)
I'm just a stupid ex sailplane pilot and even I LOVE it
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:43 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenelder View Post
That's ok, it is still less than what you pay at a hobby shop + tax. And if no one wants it, well maybe some of my other planes will sell and I can keep it
I would list as $155 shipped Parcel Post. Plus I would take out the part about others having issue with it's performance. That's not going to help you any.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:59 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Hmmm.... my broken motor mount *did* occur after I went with the hard APC prop. Coincidence....or.....?

Just one more factor to consider, I guess.
It DOES perform quite well with the GWS prop. :-)
Especially with the TP325 battery
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:02 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Flexible props are less efficient and in a performance plane I would rather get the most out of it.
Maybe something inbetween ???
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:20 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Maybe something inbetween ???
There is nothing in between. You've got carbon-fiber, wood, glass-fiber-reinforced plastic, molded plastic, and nylon props. Wood, carbon-fiber, and glass-fiber props are all stiff enough to damage other stuff during a power-on prop-strike. For park-flyer-scale through 90-size glow, it's wood props for me - and carbon-fiber for the big stuff.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:24 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
-
as asked in the past and not have feedback up to now-once again- do you have motor axle play while you pull the spinner cone
Count,
yes my motor axle/prop adapter has play also--even though I have tightened all of the set screws.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:30 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
At $155 firm plus shipping I wouldn't expect a lot of excitement.
my Hobbytown rocks
they give me a good deal with my AMA card plus local club membership
$158 out the door
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenelder View Post
Too many planes to keep up with, I've decided to sell my QQ Edge
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783826
Not to be rude but $155 is not a good deal. It would be cheaper to buy a brand new plane over here: http://secure.hobbyzone.com/rcplanes...e/EFL6250.html for $169 with no sales tax if you are in a different state plus FREE SHIPPING and you get customer service if there are any issues with it.
I,m pretty sure shipping would cost more than $15 if you have to pay for it.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:13 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
When i was learning to take off and land planes we flew with wood props cause they would break easy if i had a strike this would keep from tearing up theplane this was on a 40 size nitro plane. But otherwise we always ran apc or master airscrew props most time wood cheaper but with the cheap gws prop i think they be cheaper not sure what one be better were talking about 7 inch props i think about 9 inch smallest wood ive used that was on a park 480 on a flying delta and first landing it broke so went bk to apc e prop that was a glow prop so it did pull more amps

Guys guys guys the man can ask anything he wants and 155 shipped be a pretty good deal i think. I know a place i can buy em 154.00 free shipping but thats just cause of a good discount once u spend 250 with them
Ive seen two sell for more then that and one was broke
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Upgrading motors on the edge has turned out to be a nightmare, nothing fits! So far we've tried a park 300, park 340 and hurc but nothing is a bolt in fit. I could have sworn my hacker a10 would fit but that doesn't either. After changing to the park 340 I noticed how smooth and quiet it was right away. I knew right then it was the stock motor causing the weird vibrations and excess noise. I realized upgrading is going to become very poplar soon enough so we need a bolt in motor mount to accommodate different motor sizes for the edge. I have been talking with Terry about fabricating a billet mount that will fit park 300, park 340, hurc, blue wonder, hextronic and hacker motors. This should make upgrading motors painless, just bolt it in! Any comments, feedback or suggestions are more than welcome. We plan on taking the next two weeks to plan a final design before it's put into production.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Upgrading motors on the edge has turned out to be a nightmare, nothing fits! So far we've tried a park 300, park 340 and hurc but nothing is a bolt in fit. I could have sworn my hacker a10 would fit but that doesn't either. After changing to the park 340 I noticed how smooth and quiet it was right away. I knew right then it was the stock motor causing the weird vibrations and excess noise. I realized upgrading is going to become very poplar soon enough so we need a bolt in motor mount to accommodate different motor sizes for the edge. I have been talking with Terry about fabricating a billet mount that will fit park 300, park 340, hurc, blue wonder, hextronic and hacker motors. This should make upgrading motors painless, just bolt it in! Any comments, feedback or suggestions are more than welcome. We plan on taking the next two weeks to plan a final design before it's put into production.
I just started talking to a friend tonight about fabbing something up for me on his lathe. I'm going to have him make something that fits the HURC motor and see if we can get this thing to work.

I've also thought about drilling through the HURC mount to make it fit the stock firewall but I'm not sure if I can get that to work either.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
I'm almost finished with my motor mount for the HURC. I'll post pics tomorrow. When I'm done Ill be able to go from the HURC to the 280 pretty easily.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:57 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I'm almost finished with my motor mount for the HURC. I'll post pics tomorrow. When I'm done Ill be able to go from the HURC to the 280 pretty easily.
Nice! I wouldnt think it be that big a deal to come up with something. I dont have the plane so not sure i feel im giving advice but noone is reading it maybe i should stop posting here. Once get plane guess i just update my blog with videos n info on anything i figure out. Have enjoyed the few pics n videos you guys have posted and all of the prop data from slo fly n others
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
I been thinking whether these jst plugs fitted as standard are upto the job. specs for jst i think are 5amp continuous and 8 burst which is crap. I know some of yous would have fitted the mini deans but for those of us that don't may be loose available power/thrust. has any done a watts test before and after swapping to dean's. I might just add a jst balance plug to the esc in parallel and connect bothe, this way won't have to go swapping loads of plugs.
born2huck is offline Find More Posts by born2huck
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
also with the 280 choking problem I've had I loads before and most recently on my p40 300. makes a clicky knocky noise in flight and the motor locks, I thought a phase had gone down in the motor but on inspection turns out those little banana/bullet plugs on it are crap, the little spring cage doesn't grip itself so they fit tight in esc/female plug tight but spins freely on itself. this can be fixed by carefully soldering the tip to the cage as I do or easy way bodge way stick a bit of foil in there.
born2huck is offline Find More Posts by born2huck