Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:25 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Good to hear Joe (except for the plowing it into the ground of course). I thought you'd like it.

It is a suprisingly floaty airplane. Rollers on this thing will keep you on your toes if you try them at full aileron rates. I've been running at about 85% on my aileron throws and find that more than sufficient. I've got my rudder and elevator at 150% though. I think the plane could use a touch more pitch authority but it's certainly suitable as it is now.
Yeah i did a few walls and waterfalls and it's got just enough throw to pull them off pretty good. I noticed the plane is pretty precise for its size. You can actually practice some 4 point rolls and snaps with this thing..... I can't find ANY props online for this thing though. Sucks, i had to wait a week for 2 flights and now i'll have to wait another week to get it flying again. Hopefully the LHS has some props. Is everyone using GWS 7x3.5DD, HD, or SF?
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Dec 04, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Yeah i did a few walls and waterfalls and it's got just enough throw to pull them off pretty good..... I can't find ANY props online for this thing though. Sucks, i had to wait a week for 2 flights and now i'll have to wait another week to get it flying again. Hopefully the LHS has some props. Is everyone using GWS 7x3.5DD, HD, or SF?
Use the 7x3.5DD if you want to keep the rest stock and have longer, faster, punchier, and more efficient flights. Fast $2 shipping at the first two links.

http://shop.subsonicplanes.com/produ...&categoryId=32

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...opeller/Detail

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ack-GWSEP7035B
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:35 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Just got my nanotec 460's on my scale at 42g.
Danny,

Weird......I have several of those -- at least they sure seem to be the same -- and they're 30g on both of my scales.

Anyone else able to check?

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Danny,

Weird......I have several of those -- at least they sure seem to be the same -- and they're 30g on both of my scales.

Your scale is broken or your talking about the 2s version.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:44 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,771 Posts
What happened? Just dumb thumb or what man that sucks sounds good waterfalls were always fun with ajslick only plane ever had that would do em

I guess friday i will have mine hope can get in some flying maybe batts be here then too
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Your scale is broken or your talking about the 2s version.
D'oh!.......you nailed it.......2S.......jeesh.......

Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:52 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
What happened? Just dumb thumb or what man that sucks sounds good waterfalls were always fun with ajslick only plane ever had that would do em

I guess friday i will have mine hope can get in some flying maybe batts be here then too
Yup. Messing with those rolling harriers, it dropped out of the sky because i tried to stop the roll upright but ended up in KE. I got it upright just before it hit the ground but i was too low to recover, i'll be doing my rollers a little higher up with this plane. I'm glad the foam on this plane doesn't crumple though, everything will look fine once i get the new cowl and spinner. If i was over grass it wouldn't have been so bad but it met the concrete. I'm mostly bummed because it was a VERY nice flyer and i was having fun. I would have been charging and flying this thing ALL DAY. I can see myself having a great time with this plane. The size is very convenient too. I'm looking forward to trying the 7x3.5, hopefully i'll have my parts before the weekend.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Danny,

Well no way are they 30g..... here are the nanotec 3s weights off the website. I think they put the weight a bit high I guess to cover the fact they are not all the same.

180--19g
370--39g
460--45g
Zippy Compact 500 42g
850--69g
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Well no way are they 30g.....
LOL

See a couple posts above........mine are 2S........didn't realize that yours aren't!

(Of course, I should have known that.....that's the D'oh!)

Last edited by pugsam; Dec 04, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Got 4 Zippy Compacts 500mah 35c in the mail from China. Only took 3 weeks. They wouldn't drop them off at the house without a signature so I have to go to the post office today and pick them up. So far I've been flying on the Hyperion 450mah 25c so can't wait to see if there is a difference with the Zippy's.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
701 Posts
Quote:
Also anyone find a suitable replacement tail wheel ?
Tim, my LHS had a Sullivan tail wheel. Aluminum hub with rubber tire 1/2" diameter. Less than $2 and looks/works really good.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Got 4 Zippy Compacts 500mah 35c in the mail from China. Only took 3 weeks. They wouldn't drop them off at the house without a signature so I have to go to the post office today and pick them up. So far I've been flying on the Hyperion 450mah 25c so can't wait to see if there is a difference with the Zippy's.
Yea, I would like to know too! That seems like a good option if you want a bit extra.. I would love some babblebatts but between shipping and the higher price just cant hardly justify it over a $5 nanotech. Perhaps if I flew one I would change my mind..
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:17 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Yup. Messing with those rolling harriers, it dropped out of the sky because i tried to stop the roll upright but ended up in KE. I got it upright just before it hit the ground but i was too low to recover, i'll be doing my rollers a little higher up with this plane. I'm glad the foam on this plane doesn't crumple though, everything will look fine once i get the new cowl and spinner. If i was over grass it wouldn't have been so bad but it met the concrete. I'm mostly bummed because it was a VERY nice flyer and i was having fun. I would have been charging and flying this thing ALL DAY. I can see myself having a great time with this plane. The size is very convenient too. I'm looking forward to trying the 7x3.5, hopefully i'll have my parts before the weekend.
I know what you mean. Rollers take some extra special attention with this plane. I think the size is more of a factor than anything.

But I'm glad you're enjoying it. I knew you would. Mine's out of commission right now as well due to a bad motor. I need to get it back into operation so I can start flying again at lunch.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:20 AM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Yeah thats where i ordered from last monday on cyber monday. I didnt know they had a walk in store its been shipped just taking forever to get here
Same, mine just showed up yesterday.
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:22 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Most vids I've seen are just people still feeling it out and are not really putting it through the paces. So I would not base your decision on those at all. Even the promo vid doesn't do it justice.
EXACTLY!

For instance, I'm going to share this 540qq flight with a 'cowl-cam' attached, from this morning, but don't think I am a good pilot at all, nor have I optimized either the flight plan or my plane's CG etc beforehand to 'show off' it's capabilities.

My sole thinking in making the vid was" 'gee, I'd like to see that insane roll rate from first person view.' My travel is at 100%, I have heard some say they are even upping to 150% which much really be insane!

So, at about 0:30 you see me string some high rate rolls together.

I still don't think the vid does the roll rate justice, because I think I normally use like 30 frames per second or so, and a this thing's roll rate, I should have a faster frame rate to capture it better.

Anyway, it's better than seeing nothing! I even do some gliding starting about 2:04, along with the usual rolls, inverted, loops (one outside loop at 4:00) you might expect to see. But no hovering, or even spins or high alpha or 3D from me on this one.

edge540qq cowl cam back view (4 min 55 sec)
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Dec 04, 2012 at 11:37 AM.