HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Dec 2003
988 Posts
If it just beeps continuously and won't bind the throttle trim needs to be moved down. On my DX8 I had to set the low side travel to 104% to get it to stop beeping. Once it stops beeping, then you can bind it.

For those with other radios, the 104% is setting the low throttle to lower than normal, same as pulling throttle trim button down.

Why this speed control doesn't have the low point the same as most is just puzzling.
kenelder is online now Find More Posts by kenelder
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, Joel may be lucky enough to get his hands on one before Christmas, but that doesn't seem to be the case here up north! And january is not the best time to get a new airplane! One of the drawback of being canadian...

I'm not 100% sold yet on the 540QQ yet too. I somewhat feel it's very close to what the Beast or Sbach can do, but not WAY better. All the videos show great KEs, great harriers, great pattern moves, but hover is only so-so (not locked in, just slightly better). So for me, it's a question of: do I want a third airplane that does pretty much the same thing as my Beast/Sbach, slightly bigger, but you have to make a box for it? Remember, I'm not a speed freak, I fly most of my airplanes stock, so I'm not sure the 540QQ will bring me much more... Anyway, there's no way I'm buying an airplane in january, so, I'll have lots of time to make up my mind!

For you it's a new airplane, so sure enough, the old ones (Beast/Sbach) will stay in the hangar for while. But will they truly stay in the hangar forever because of that airplane?
The Edge flies nothing at all like the Beast or Sbach. They are completely different animals. The little um's, maybe more so the sbach, rely on the prop for most of their abilities. The wings just stabilize them. They don't glide, they just fly well under power. The Edge flies on the wing, the prop just provides the pull. It's hard to explain how much difference there is between them. The edge flies much more like how my balsa 3d or aerobatic planes do than the um planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:41 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Does the RX flash like every other rx ever does? or does this one not do anything?
Yes there is a LED that will flash rapidly, indicating its in bind mode.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:47 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The Edge flies nothing at all like the Beast or Sbach. They are completely different animals. The little um's, maybe more so the sbach, rely on the prop for most of their abilities. The wings just stabilize them. They don't glide, they just fly well under power. The Edge flies on the wing, the prop just provides the pull. It's hard to explain how much difference there is between them. The edge flies much more like how my balsa 3d or aerobatic planes do than the um planes.
Yup!!! EXACTLY!!!! No Comparison between this edge and UMX Sbach
The UMX Sbach a toy in comparison,, this one soooo much smoother in slower speed flight,, even high speed feels more in control smoother,,, much much better in the air visibility,,, landings waaaaaay smoother!!!! Just a waaaay better flyer in EVERY respect. It has a wider speed range,, at slow speed can be as relaxing as a high wing trainer particularly with a lightweight battery
There's a reason they call this plane : the little big plane,,, cause it flys more like a bigger plane but still retains most of the size advatages of the UMX planes
I'm hoping they produce ALOT more planes in this size personally,, I call it the Goldielocks size
Not to big, but not too small, its JUST RIGHT. ;-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:49 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenelder View Post
If it just beeps continuously and won't bind the throttle trim needs to be moved down. On my DX8 I had to set the low side travel to 104% to get it to stop beeping. Once it stops beeping, then you can bind it.

For those with other radios, the 104% is setting the low throttle to lower than normal, same as pulling throttle trim button down.

Why this speed control doesn't have the low point the same as most is just puzzling.
The e flite Zero is exactly the same way,, it is weird.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:52 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Do not follow the manual... (it says to hook battery first, I could not and never have had a spektrum Rx go into bind this way)

1. short the pins on the Rx
2. hook flight battery up as normal
3. put Tx in bind mode (with both the stick and trim all way down)
4. un-short the pins
5. unhook flight battery

hook battery back up, with Tx on.. should link up and arm ESC
Thank you, this did it. Lol @ the manual, seriously.

So now that the trim is all the way down, do I have to leave it there ALL the time to arm the ESC?
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
I didn't realize value hobby had these futaba fasst compatible micro receivers. I believe, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, they actually have JST plugs, and not pico's?
I'll just need to switch the polarity on the extensions.
I have one on the way..
http://www.valuehobby.com/frsky-tfr6m-receiver.html
Ducati Mechanic is online now Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Thank you, this did it. Lol @ the manual, seriously.

So now that the trim is all the way down, do I have to leave it there ALL the time to arm the ESC?
just to arm...... then U can put back to netural trim
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:14 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
just to arm...... then U can put back to netural trim
Every time?
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Every time?
on my plane ,yes.....just beeps in netural,,until move trim down........i also had to reverse elev. throw
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:24 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
on my plane ,yes.....just beeps in netural,,until move trim down........i also had to reverse elev. throw
On mine I have to keep trim all the way down all the time
It's weird stuff
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:29 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Maybe change the throttle end points then the throttle trim wont matter.... i know most time i put my trim so when istart moving throttle stick motor starts running. Hate having move stick a lot before anything happens
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Do not follow the manual... (it says to hook battery first, I could not and never have had a spektrum Rx go into bind this way)

1. short the pins on the Rx
2. hook flight battery up as normal
3. put Tx in bind mode (with both the stick and trim all way down)
4. un-short the pins
5. unhook flight battery

hook battery back up, with Tx on.. should link up and arm ESC
Not sure why you're saying this. Page 4 of the manual online shows shorting the pins first (step 4) and plug in the flight battery second (step 7).

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL6250-Manual_EN.pdf
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,341 Posts
How the heck did you guys get the bolt loose to take off prop? Man I can't get it off lol

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
On mine I have to keep trim all the way down all the time
It's weird stuff
EVEN with all of the issues this plane has,I think almost everyone LOVES flying this plane. very very stable at all speeds. still flying without rudder servo.not really a proble.....