SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:39 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
What????

I bought five of those 370s, three 180 2S, and two 460 2S and my shipping was only $7.99.
Ya, I dont get it either. I only get the one option for shipping and doesnt matter if its 2-3-4 batteries... stays the same at $16.

Hmm, wonder if I add more if shipping gets less... lets see..

Nope... no change until 10 batteries, then it goes to $17 shipping.. hmm lol
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:51 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Picked up mine from a LHS. Hopefully all is in working order with the plane.

Picked up 3 Mad Dog batteries along with the plane, not sure if they are good or not, but that is all I have for now.

One thing I noticed after purchase, is that the elevator hinge on the one side has a lot of glue on it, so hopefully it won't restrict the surface from moving. I will check when I get home.

The prop is bent on both sides, and there is some cosmetic issues as all have noticed too.

Hopefully all this will disappear into obscurity once I get to fly it, which will only be this weekend.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,672 Posts
Just got my replacement parts from HH. Plugged the servo in that they sent me. Plugged the battery and the servo went ballistic. Before I could unplug the battery if fried the rudder port of the RX They are sending me a new RX now. At this point they have pretty much sent a whole new plane in pieces. Still great CS but I want a working flying plane!
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:00 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Just got my replacement parts from HH. Plugged the servo in that they sent me. Plugged the battery and the servo went ballistic. Before I could unplug the battery if fried the rudder port of the RX They are sending me a new RX now. At this point they have pretty much sent a whole new plane in pieces. Still great CS but I want a working flying plane!
Was it like what I was describing before? Buzzing like crazy?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Was it like what I was describing before? Buzzing like crazy?
No it was actually throwing a fit. Rudder looked like it was having a seizure This is not the stock servo though. It's a replacement they tried to make work because the stock servos are on BO with no date in sight. I told them not to send me another servo and I'll buy my own. I feel bad for them and me. This is a real mess.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
930 Posts
Horizon vote

Hi all,

I read lots of good things about CS from Horizon USA- last evening I felt free to post a voting (review) for the Edge on the German HH site. Negative points and positv points but up to now my voting isn't listing It seems that was too hard for these guys but however-that are facts !
-this smiley fits perfect !
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
.......Tracknoob do you have an Sbach 3D?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Yup, but I haven't been able to fly it for the last few days..... I also would love to get my hands on a original Beast V1 motor for it at the same time -- that version is so much quieter than the rattle trap motor the Sbach comes with, but just as powerful with a GWS5043 prop mounted on it.

Edit to add: Just looked up the original Beast 2300KV motor. It's EFLUM180BL, and they show it's still available in stock, and it comes with the adapter I need.... but dang, 30 bucks just to quiet down my Sbach...
Guys,

The 2300Kv/5043 combo provides considerably more thrust, speed, and longer flight-times than the 2500 - regardless of prop choice. The 2300 Kv motor is simply more efficient than the 2500 in the UMX airframes with the available UMX-sized props. So you get a lot more than just a quieter Sbach out of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
First time flying her in dead calm conditions.
It's true LVE!!
A real privilege to fly her!
Love those throws and fast servos!
Hands off inverted.
I'm spoiled!!
She has no bad habits.
Slows down beautifully.
If you slow her down too much, she just drops her nose.
Very easy to land on my small UMX parking lot.
She is one clean flying macro machine!!

Quique,
You 'done good' young man!!!

Joel, RG, Just get one asap!

rc
RC,

Great to hear! But I think I'm going to wait until my LHS has them in stock so I can use my discount bucks & get one nearly for free. By then, there should be a variety of high-performance packs available for it. Some lightweight Hyp 500 35c Babbelbatts would be just perfect!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:26 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
No it was actually throwing a fit. Rudder looked like it was having a seizure This is not the stock servo though. It's a replacement they tried to make work because the stock servos are on BO with no date in sight. I told them not to send me another servo and I'll buy my own. I feel bad for them and me. This is a real mess.
Arg, not cool, yeah I will be checking mine out tonight.

What with airframe cosmetic issues (maybe I am old fashioned, but I like my aircraft looking good), motors not performing properly or not at all, surfaces not glued properly, bent props, ESC not glued down correctly etc... it really does leave one to wonder what is going on with their QC.

If my plane flies well I will soon forget most issues, but you really expect to get quality.

I understand that most folks enjoying the plane out there won't come to a forum and complain about issues, but there are things besides broken parts that are evident here.

Perhaps the price point dictated short cuts. I really like my planes from HH, so I am not foaming at the mouth here at all, just that this plane for some reason does not seem to have received due diligence in the QC department/"quality of parts".
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:03 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Wow that sucks, Was the new one a digital just wondered if it not maybe could been why not sure why that would be however. man I just talked to a acent at Amain they said they show my plane to be delivered friday . usps shows thursday so i do not know she said parcel post is slow this time yr, thats funny i been selling stuff on ebay everyday and just got some things sent a guy in tx something he got it in 2 days. Maybe cause its a bigger bx maybe takes longer? Who knows... maybe next time i will just drive 80 miles and pay 20 more and get it at a hobbyshop hate to waste money tho

Oh and the motor i was thinking about won't work its only 50 watts at 7.0 amps with a 9x4.7 on 2 cell I still dont know what amp the esc is or what motor for sure so dont want to try a 3 cell scared of frying it
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:05 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Guys,

RC,

Great to hear! But I think I'm going to wait until my LHS has them in stock so I can use my discount bucks & get one nearly for free. By then, there should be a variety of high-performance packs available for it. Some lightweight Hyp 500 35c Babbelbatts would be just perfect!

Joel
Joel,

S SRRY!

Just got home from a half day EQQ Ob-session.
My 3S B3D & new Sbach 3D did not get flwn.

No doubt in my mind that Hyp VX (3S) 500s would be sweet+!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:00 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Pfft... cant even find batteries in stock... other than the Eflites at my LHS

Anyone have any sources for packs for this bird? I just have the one I got at the time of purchase, thinking I could go onto hobby partz and get more.. but sold out...
PnW,

Just listed some new custom EQQ batts...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540831

Everything should start shipping around the 12th.
Shipping is $3.00

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Guys,

RC,

Joel
You don't know what you're missing Joel. A small plane unlike any other. That's ok though, just leaves more batteries for the rest of us. I've decided I need more for the days it's too cold to fool with charging at the field. Just can't get enough of this thing.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:44 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,474 Posts
It really is the perfect size.

Digging this plane!

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I feel ya mail just came and still no plane should i be this mad? Its been 7.days is it coming by bicycle i mean come on.... Ive never had anything from cali take more then 3 days i guess done missed the nice weather today cloudy n windy calling for rain tomorrow
Did you order it from A Main?? I live here in Chico where A Main is headquartered. They told me they we'rnt getting another batch of them till end of December. :-(
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:14 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Joel,

S SRRY!

Just got home from a half day EQQ Ob-session.
My 3S B3D & new Sbach 3D did not get flwn.

No doubt in my mind that Hyp VX (3S) 500s would be sweet+!

rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
You don't know what you're missing Joel. A small plane unlike any other. That's ok though, just leaves more batteries for the rest of us. I've decided I need more for the days it's too cold to fool with charging at the field. Just can't get enough of this thing.
Just got off the horn with my LHS. My EQQ should be in by the 10th. If I'm lucky, I might even get a few flights in before my yard & the club field ends up covered with snow. RC - I'll be needing a couple of those Hyp 550s to tide me over until you can get some bare Hyp 500 35c cells!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member