HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Anyone have any sources for packs for this bird?
If you want Nanotechs, check out Hobby King's US warehouse (Washington state). I bought some 370s from them. Not sure what they have in stock at the moment but I'm flying five 370s. Yes, same link as I have below.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propsnwings
I just have the one I got at the time of purchase, thinking I could go onto hobby partz and get more.. but sold out...
Tell me about it. I ordered 4 Gens Ace from HobbyPartz on Saturday, November 17th. By Monday I was wondering why I hadn't received a "shipped" email. Tuesday the 20th I get an email saying they went on backorder. I counted all their Gens Ace they cary. 164. Out of those, 100 were Out-of-stock. BS if you ask me...

I'm still waiting on my order (17 days later)!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Last edited by Sixinarow; Dec 03, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:59 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
UGH all the videos make me jealous..... Still on pre-order here!

Tracknoob do you have an Sbach 3D?
Yup, but I haven't been able to fly it for the last few days -- I was goofing around too low and piled it in -- no real damage except that I broke my prop adapter. So I need to get one of those and I also would love to get my hands on a original Beast V1 motor for it at the same time -- that version is so much quieter than the rattle trap motor the Sbach comes with, but just as powerful with a GWS5043 prop mounted on it.

Edit to add: Just looked up the original Beast 2300KV motor. It's EFLUM180BL, and they show it's still available in stock, and it comes with the adapter I need.... but dang, 30 bucks just to quiet down my Sbach...
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:02 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,171 Posts
Hey guys. Props, I posted the above without a quote and then went back and quoted you. My response and link is the above post. My first link was wrong, but I found them. Same as what you saw. For $4.23.

Epoweredrc, I like them so far. Good power at 6000' MSL. They're cheap and charge fast (5C). On my Edge I have to put them all the way to the motor mount to get proper CG. I'm getting 5 minutes so far. I'm flying this afternoon so I'll see what I can find out flight-time wise and get you a reading on the charge left after 5 minutes.
Last edited by Sixinarow; Dec 03, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
my hands on a original Beast V1 motor for it at the same time -- that version is so much quieter than the rattle trap motor the Sbach comes with, but just as powerful with a GWS5043 prop mounted on it.
Keep your eyes on the classifieds and ebay! I got one for $16 shipped, it's awesome. I can hear the servos over the motor. hahaa
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Keep your eyes on the classifieds and ebay! I got one for $16 shipped, it's awesome. I can hear the servos over the motor. hahaa
Oh, that's OUTSTANDING! Think I should search by eflite PN or by description?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:09 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Hey guys. Props, I posted the above without a quote and then went back and quoted you. My response and link is the above post.

Epoweredrc, I like them so far. Good power at 6000' MSL. They're cheap and charge fast (5C). On my Edge I have to put them all the way to the motor mount to get proper CG.
Thanks !

Dang.. they want $16 shipping for 3 batteries from USA warehouse? Still cheaper than the $30 battery I got at the LHS.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
My new fuse came today. Just a FYI no battery or rx hatch included neither is the cowl, all the stickers are applied though.
My wings came in a box that barely fit them and of course they are slightly dented on the aileron. Par for the course with this little plane. Got a feeling mine won't be in my hangar very long.....
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,916 Posts
I think I was searching part number. Doesn't hurt to search "beast motor" too. Good luck
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Thanks !

Dang.. they want $16 shipping for 3 batteries from USA warehouse? Still cheaper than the $30 battery I got at the LHS.
What????

I bought five of those 370s, three 180 2S, and two 460 2S and my shipping was only $7.99.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
I dig the USA warehouse priority shipping three days, Order to door..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,916 Posts
Quote:
This morning's Green Machine flight... before the rain came...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my8_9S-6wYk&hd=1

I think for next outing, I'll mount the cam on the plane instead of my sunglasses-- should be fun to see that drill-bit high roll-rate first-hand, no?
Prop looks good in the air
Nice job..
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Yup, but I haven't been able to fly it for the last few days -- I was goofing around too low and piled it in -- no real damage except that I broke my prop adapter. So I need to get one of those and I also would love to get my hands on a original Beast V1 motor for it at the same time -- that version is so much quieter than the rattle trap motor the Sbach comes with, but just as powerful with a GWS5043 prop mounted on it.

Edit to add: Just looked up the original Beast 2300KV motor. It's EFLUM180BL, and they show it's still available in stock, and it comes with the adapter I need.... but dang, 30 bucks just to quiet down my Sbach...
I'm pretty happy with the stock motor. Compared to the 3000kv on the Stryker/Geebee its pretty quiet!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic View Post
I dig the USA warehouse priority shipping three days, Order to door..
Really ive never ordered fromthe usa warehouse till now. Maybe they be here next few days then.
I want the plane the plane... i ordered two 370s with shipping it was like 12.00 i think
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I'm pretty happy with the stock motor. Compared to the 3000kv on the Stryker/Geebee its pretty quiet!
You are right, it's actually not too horrible. On maiden day it kind of bugged me, but either it's gotten quieter or else I've gotten more used to it.

Funny, things are usually not this clear cut for me, but on this issue it is simple: If I could lay my hands on a 2300KV motor/adapter for $16, I would jump on it 100%. But at $30 a pop; no way -- I can just learn to live with a little noise!

Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,916 Posts
If I had to pay 30bucks for the 2300kv motor I would ..
That's how much more I like my V1 with that motor
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55