HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:01 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
I went ahead and grabbed one too since the Kv was a little better than the 1300 for 2dog. Headsup ships pretty fast so I might have it before the P280.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:55 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
New video from youtube, indoor! Great KE, even a wall landing (watch till the end)!

E-flite 540 QQ flying inside (5 min 11 sec)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
26mm so it's not a direct fit. However the Hextronic/Blue Wonder IS a direct fit since it fits perfectly in the stock 280 X mount. I just tried it. I have the 2200vkv, but I'm ordering a 1300kv for sure.
Is the 26mm the dimension diagonal across the centerline of motor as in bolt hole pattern circle diameter or across the edges of the square pattern? Thanks - and is it center to center of bolt holes?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:46 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Is the 26mm the dimension diagonal across the centerline of motor as in bolt hole pattern circle diameter or across the edges of the square pattern? Thanks - and is it center to center of bolt holes?
If you don't have an answer by the time I get home tonight I'll take mine off and measure it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:47 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I just ordered this motor, 15 ounces of thrust and 7.5 amps on gws 7035! Only $2 shipping! Total price $14.95! http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
Ha! I had this in my cart for a Aerobat 250 that I'm ordering after Xmas. Forgot all about it. I'm sure it will work great on this plane! Thanks for the reminder
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:00 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Ha! I had this in my cart for a Aerobat 250 that I'm ordering after Xmas. Forgot all about it. I'm sure it will work great on this plane! Thanks for the reminder
I've gone back and forth on that Aerobat for a long time now. It looks like it could be a sweet little relaxing lazy day flyer. I'll be curious as to your thoughts on it once you've flown it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I've gone back and forth on that Aerobat for a long time now. It looks like it could be a sweet little relaxing lazy day flyer. I'll be curious as to your thoughts on it once you've flown it.
I'm looking forward to giving it a try. A nice little scale balsa that's relaxing and can sport fly too sounds great for summer nights! Kuczy has the Grasshopper(same size) and he loves it when the motor(Park 280) works
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:22 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Change of plan! Futaba time ..;-)

After ordering two of the five channel Hitech (knock off) nano receivers for this size plane, I went and sold my radio, and bought a Futaba 8FG super.

Now I need to figure out what receiver to use for FASST.. Futaba has a five channel with four mini pico connectors, and one full-size connector for the ESC, but that receiver seems a bit heavy, even with the case removed.

The four channel indoor futaba RX seems like it will work? Futaba Lists it as 3.5 ounce with the case. I can probably cut that weight in half by removing the case.

Unfortunately I have to use a Y-connector for the ailerons, and full size servo connects.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
C-C across the horizontal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
It does not do it when I move the throttle slowly, but bursting the throttle is pretty important when doing 3D.
is there a chance you've accidentally altered the timing on esc. I've had incorrect timing cause what I call 'choking' before.it's like pre detination.
born2huck is offline Find More Posts by born2huck
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:00 AM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
469 Posts
3.5 ounces seems pretty heavy for a Rx.

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishelman View Post
3.5 ounces seems pretty heavy for a Rx.

Rishelman
Look like the case is probably 2oz, that ill be removing. If I can get it down under 1.5oz ill give it try, Or I'll buy one of those knock off postage stamps receivers from HK.

I'm sure the case comes off. That's the same receiver that the guys use for world class indoor f3a 33"depron planes, that come in under 4oz for the whole plane..with batt! I also need a few for my 33 inch indoor F3A plane's.. I was using stripped-down optima7's, and those are definitely heavier.

You sign Every one of your posts with your name in blue bold?
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2007
6,236 Posts
Even at 1.5oz that's still really heavy compared to the 2gram Spectrum. Do what you got to do I guess.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
I'm putting a hacker 1500kv on it, and swinging a larger prop also, power to weight ratio should balance out with my 30c Genace packs. I would rather get a smaller pack and still run a quality RX. If need be
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:56 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,068 Posts
This morning's Green Machine flight... before the rain came...

Edge540qq 7x5 prop (4 min 48 sec)

I think for next outing, I'll mount the cam on the plane instead of my sunglasses-- should be fun to see that drill-bit high roll-rate first-hand, no?
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob