SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Ok,,, flying a few more flights with both Zippy 500 35c and TP back to back
Gota admit there isn't a HUGE difference ,, but,,,, there Definatly is a noticeable difference both in punch and in low speed handling ,,, but this plane is such a GREAT flyer ,, EITHER battery does very very good,, and then there's the whole issue with the different balance tap on the TP. So the question becomes is it worth the extra $16.00 per battery,, oh and even though the TP is only a minute less flying time,, a minute is still a minute more.,, but,, it is nice to be able to charge these in like 6 min,, I'm not sure what charge rate these Zippy 500 35cs are,,,, anybody know. I personally am still on the fence on this one cause I don't mind spending the extra 16.00 for the small improvement ,,, but if you really Wana save that cash I'd guess I'd have to say the Zippys are a better value overall at $7.50 ea
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:02 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Does it do that id you run the throttle up slowly?
I just wondered if maybe it was a safety issue like on the mqx and some other of the micros if you hit full throttle fast it cuts off the motor mcpx does it to so you don't accidentally do it but once you have power going them jam it its fine....

It does not do it when I move the throttle slowly, but bursting the throttle is pretty important when doing 3D.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
hit rudder acouple times on first flights,,,small scrap,,,,some hard landings here and their.ploped down hard ,but did not hit rudder.....may be this servo had issues,,,and just did not,l want to play anymore,,,lol
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:17 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
It does not do it when I move the throttle slowly, but bursting the throttle is pretty important when doing 3D.
Just ment could you run it up slowly and once its running some speed then come down low and jam fast back up wot .... Maybe a wire from esc to motor is loose? I have had issues like that before
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
hit rudder acouple times on first flights,,,small scrap,,,,some hard landings here and their.ploped down hard ,but did not hit rudder.....may be this servo had issues,,,and just did not,l want to play anymore,,,lol
Oh alright didn't know
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:35 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
My flying buddy had his rudder servo go bad after just two flights and NO hard landings,,, MAN this plane seems to be plagued with QC issues. :-(
But on other hand I've had like 40-50 flights on mine so far with 0 issues except for the usual busted prop that others had
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Just ment could you run it up slowly and once its running some speed then come down low and jam fast back up wot .... Maybe a wire from esc to motor is loose? I have had issues like that before

Oh alright didn't know
thanks any hoooo. 60 flights ,this plane still going strong....still going to FLY IT WITHOUT RUDDER,, minor inconvenice,,,,, i have a addiction....
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
My flying buddy had his rudder servo go bad after just two flights and NO hard landings,,, MAN this plane seems to be plagued with QC issues. :-(
But on other hand I've had like 40-50 flights on mine so far with 0 issues except for the usual busted prop that others had
seems hit or miss
Quote:
thanks any hoooo. 60 flights ,this plane still going strong....still going to FLY IT WITHOUT RUDDER,, minor inconvenice,,,,, i have a addiction....
well you can still do lots w.o rudder
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Hey tn,

Static tests with the APC 7x5E and stock esc have been solid so far for Torye.
He will be in Montana for the next two weeks on business and will maiden his EQQ w/7x5 up there.

Any complaints with your EQQ/APC7x5/12A esc from you??

rc
Nope, she's motoring along fine. I only wish I could get more flights on it -- this last week and weekend, usually only about an hour in the morning is good, then the gusty winds have kicked up and made it a Stryker day.

We will see what tomorrow holds...
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
SO FAR,,,my prop is still in NEW condition,,,no nose overs ,,,have scraped left wing several times on ONEWHEEL landings for 4 0r 5 ft,,,,some skill and a lot ta luck in windy conditions,,,,when in dought I FLAIR FLAIR FLAIR
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
Well if nothing else i have a mount that will work. The motor is a 2200kv so at best I'll have to run the stock prop, maybe smaller..... Just until my new 280 gets here.
http://www.lukesrcplanes.com/product/suppo-1510-15

kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, IL, Orland Park
Joined May 2009
46 Posts
I maidened mine. I was surprised how much trouble I had with handling - turns out the battery tray has a little pocket where "up against the firewall" is referring to in the manual. I should have checked the cog before flying though. All is well though. 10 more flights since then and I love it. Great knife edges, good power. Extreme control surface size and deflection - wow. This is the mini that I hoped for with every ultra micro I've flown. Even the hobbyking Slick 3S ultramicro is a dog. The Edge QQ is really really satisfying. I recommend it highly.
mickvk is offline Find More Posts by mickvk
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickvk View Post
I maidened mine. I was surprised how much trouble I had with handling - turns out the battery tray has a little pocket where "up against the firewall" is referring to in the manual. I should have checked the cog before flying though. All is well though. 10 more flights since then and I love it. Great knife edges, good power. Extreme control surface size and deflection - wow. This is the mini that I hoped for with every ultra micro I've flown. Even the hobbyking Slick 3S ultramicro is a dog. The Edge QQ is really really satisfying. I recommend it highly.
Great, i like hearing reports like that

Thanks kuczy for the pic, now I know how the motor mounts. Seems you should be able to make a plate to fasten to that bracket then fasten another motor 300 or whatever to that... Not you but the other guy i think turnem one was trying mount the 300 in his

if the center mount of the motor I have is smaller diameter then those mounting stand offs then my motor be easy, i would just put a plate on there then screw my mount to it. but my luck its to small in between the stand offs

I guess that is just some type of plastic?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:39 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,290 Posts
Well, just like I thought, the Kv is just too high on the 1510. It got pretty hot with the stock prop on 3s, right around 165F. That's way too much for a less than 2 min WOT run up. I also tried a 5x5 just to see since I had one and the Temp stayed at 103F pretty good for my little Cox Warbirds on 2s, but it's not going to work on the Edge. I think I'm going to get a Park300 tomorrow.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Maybe this kit hh has for the park 340 will fit the park 300? http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1157
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:59 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
have been flying GREEN MACHINE hard the past 3 and a half days,,,,about 60 strong 6 min flights...motor still humming along strong.....prop is stock,slightley warped,,does not seem to affect performance,,,will try 7035 later....can hover 3 to 10 seconds,depending on MY skills. tenth flight LANDING GEAR fell of ,,,,put back on with DUCK TAPE,,,went back to flying...........no issues until about flight 55,,,,,,wind was 5 to ten mph,,,no big deal for this plane,,,,,while landing in too the wind ,,,,of course it gusted,,,,still no problem.....plane stationary about 3 ft off of deck......flared hard cut power,,,,plane almost floated down for a 3 point landing ,,,,more of a PLOP...what was the issue you ask........RUDDER SERVO WENT KRAZY,,,pulled hard left screeching and chattering,,,,,unpluged bat ,,,did not help.......DID NOT want to stop flying ,,,,,,,of cours servos R OUT OF STOCK ,,,how can that be ,,,NEW PLANE ,anyway taped rudder stationary,,,,,5 more flights.....still super aro bat icccc with out rudder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think you need some DeOxit for your keyboard. one squirt on the "." and "," key .

----

Still prop-less for my Edge. I'll post my maiden results when I finally get my GWS 7035.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon