Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:57 PM
Montreal
Joined Aug 2009
279 Posts
Picked up mine yesterday. With an expensive e-flite batt too, to see how it compares to the Nanotechs. Too bad the weather is poo over here.

I hated that silly-looking toy pilot so I delicately detached the canopy from the fuselage (not very difficult to do since the glue has a light bond). I didn't even use paint for the canopy. Just a big, fat, black Sharpie marker on the inside of the canopy. Works like a charm!

Jabberwocky_ is offline Find More Posts by Jabberwocky_
Last edited by Jabberwocky_; Dec 03, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
887 Posts
2S lipo pack

one guy from our German bulletin board use 2S 450mAh packs with 8x4 prop and he is impressed about it !
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:00 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
one guy from our German bulletin board use 2S 450mAh packs with 8x4 prop and he is impressed about it !
I did that today. It's not impressive unless all you want to do is fly slow.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:01 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky_ View Post
Picked up mine yesterday. With an expensive e-flite batt too, to see how it compares to the Nanotechs. Too bad the weather is poo over here.

I hated that silly-looking toy pilot so I delicately detached the canopy from the fuselage (not very difficult to do since the glue has a light bond). I didn't even use paint for the canopy. Just a big, fat, black Sharpie marker. Works like a charm!

1A, you did a good job and removed "Matt"- I did the same ! In this case it's fine that HH used such a poor glue, isn't it
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:04 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I did that today. It's not impressive unless all you want to do is fly slow.
that is the forecast which I assumed - for indoors it would be fine...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I guess the 300 is not working with this mount after I looked at the pic.
If you can get that prop adapter off it may work. If not we could just use wood or make new holes for the 300 X mount. I just don't want to spend the money on it until someone with a 300 has made it work and says it flies great. However if these 280 motors keep crapping out we will all be experimenting anyway
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
that is the forecast which I assumed - for indoors it would be fine...
Yes it would be an ideal set up for indoor flying. I didn't even think of that. I even tried it on 3s and it wasn't any better than the 7x3.5.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post

As Meatloaf so eloquently put it - 'There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box'.

Joel
LOL
that's awesome!!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
[U]I tried a GWS 8x4 on all stock setup this morning. Didn't fry anything[/U] However it didn't really improve performance either. Had a little more thrust but less speed. To much prop for this motor so it can't reach maximum KV. Great a flying slow though. It might work on the Park 300 or 340 but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble and money in the end.
Good to hear man..
I know there were a few who thought the stock goods could not hold up, but I was keeping it real
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
FYI - the 540qq is listed as "BACKORDERED" on the Horizon Hobby website. Maybe they're sold out a first run of planes, and will make some adjustments for a second run.

Maybe.......?
I don't think they were expecting this sexiness to be so popular
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I personally think that the stock motor is most of the problem. It seems cheap compared to the Park 300 and the Park 300 seems cheap compared to something better like a Motrofly. I've got maybe 15-20 flights on mine and my stock motor is binding? Just doesn't seem right.
is it hard to turn by hand?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Good to hear man..
I know there were a few who thought the stock goods could not hold up, but I was keeping it real
Well I didn't say it would hold up for long. Like I said when I went to 3s it struggled to get to full speed. These motors are even holding up with the stock prop or the 7x3.5. I just think they are JUNK! Worse than something from HobbyKing. I think when my motor goes and it will. I'm going with the Motrolfly motor for less money and better quality.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,262 Posts
Quote:
Well I didn't say it would hold up for long. Like I said when I went to 3s it struggled to get to full speed. These motors are even holding up with the stock prop or the 7x3.5. I just think they are JUNK! Worse than something from HobbyKing. I think when my motor goes and it will. I'm going with the Motrolfly motor for less money and better quality.

were you able to run a temp gun on the esc and motor?

sucks about the motor issues I keep reading...
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
were you able to run a temp gun on the esc and motor?

sucks about the motor issues I keep reading...
Temps really weren't bad at all. It was just to much prop for the motor to get full KV. So it's going backwards instead improving flight. Check this gem out! We could swing a 7x6 SF with the stock ESC. This would be an awesome setup! Speed and thrust with maximum efficiency. I think I'm going to order one.

http://www.subsonicplanes.com/upload...1350__page.pdf
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Sad to hear that and pls inform us what HH will say to the problem ! Could you pull your motor shaft few milimeters forwards ? I had this at my motor and removed it- now the motor doesn't grind or makes untypical sound.
How many flights did you have with your Edge ?
Only about 15-20 flights probably...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm